PDA

View Full Version : Sick of snow!!!

disney obsessed
01-29-2014, 10:51 AM
I moved south, from Pa, to get away from snow and cold. This is our second storm in a week. Schools are shut down and roads are closed. They just do not have the equipment here to take care of this type of weather. But, closing school for several days for 6 inches of snow is silly!

emerzmom
01-29-2014, 11:21 AM
I live in Houston, Tx. They closed the schools last Friday and yesterday for no snow and very little ice. A little crazy!
Wishing you warm weather soon.
:tink:
Julie

dnickels
01-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Stay warm up there, I know it's been a tough winter!

I'm amazed I haven't seen one here yet, but this is usually the time of year that the "Thinking of moving to Florida" threads start popping up on here and various Florida-centric message boards.

retiredfigment
01-29-2014, 02:31 PM
I saw the bus that skidded off the icy road. I wouldn't want to take a chance with a child on a bus of a driver who has very little experience with driving on ice.

Goofy4TheWorld
01-29-2014, 10:33 PM
I moved south, from Pa, to get away from snow and cold. This is our second storm in a week. Schools are shut down and roads are closed. They just do not have the equipment here to take care of this type of weather. But, closing school for several days for 6 inches of snow is silly!

Uhhhhh.... 6" of snow in the South is reason for AT LEAST a week of paralysis, especially for schools. Even 36 hours later, there are still 1,200 students stranded inside Alabama schools, and yesterday there was 12,000 who could not get home! Call it the catch-22 of "getting away from the snow", we can't handle serious (>1") snow!

Even 21 years later, people in Tennessee reference the "Blizzard of '93" like they do when Kennedy was shot or man landed on the moon, and that storm gave us a whopping 10-12". Folks in Pennsylvania call 10-12" of snow "Saturday".

:D

TheDuckRocks
01-30-2014, 10:17 AM
If I never see another flake of snow in my life, which is highly unlikely, I'd be a happy woman. But the thing this year that has me steamed is how terribly cold it is. Burr.

Middle of the Map
02-01-2014, 02:52 PM
If I never see another flake of snow in my life, which is highly unlikely, I'd be a happy woman. But the thing this year that has me steamed is how terribly cold it is. Burr.

I'm with you on the cold. We're in the middle of the country so we get Canadian winters and Mexican summers. I do get tired of the bone-numbing cold that stays and stays - bah humbug!

Aurora
02-05-2014, 03:44 PM
We got 8 more inches today in Chicago on top of what we already had. That puts us at over 60 inches for the winter, with about 20 inches or so still on the ground. It's getting hard to see around corners on my block. :D Our resident expert weatherman, Tom Skilling of WGN, says its the 8th snowiest winter in over 120 years.

CanadianWDWFan
02-05-2014, 04:04 PM
While I love winter I am so done with the huge snowfalls, I have no more room left in my yard for the snow shovelled from the driveway! We just got another foot here in Toronto when they were calling for only 6-8" of the white stuff. At this rate it will be June before it melts.

No snow days for us this year, in fact I don't remember getting a snow day as a kid.

Arielfan98
02-05-2014, 04:57 PM

Ha try living in NY right now. It's our second snow storm in 3 days. It'll get better, don't worry spring is almost here.

TheVBs
02-10-2014, 07:38 AM
We're in Michigan and I'm absolutely over the snow. We've done our best to have fun in it. We've gone sledding, built snowmen (when it was warm enough to pack snow), played with the Husky next door (who's in heaven in these kind of temps!), etc. We've maxed out on our allowed school snow days (6) and we've all run out of places to put the snow. The bitterly cold/dangerous temps are the worst! For awhile we were just trapped inside this house and it was making us all crazy. By the time our WDW trip rolls around (end of April/beginning of May) we are all going to be more than ready for it.

Think spring, think spring, think spring! :)