PDA

View Full Version : Episode 59 - The Line For Goofy Was Too Long

John
01-29-2014, 03:24 AM
The Cast: John Yaglenski, Christine Warner, Ian Mitchell, Melanie Bounds & Carol Robert

- John's illness and why we were away so long

- Some of lifes best memories have happened at Disney World

- #RunICOT - Marathon Weekend

- T.I.M.

- The line for goofy was too long - see it online at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VNLw3Kc8rI

- Ian's Trip

- Staying at the Swan/Dolphin

- MyMagic+ - The ups and downs, the good and the bad

- Take It or Leave It - Tables in Wonderland

- Universal Announcements

- Spiced Road Table opens at Epcot

- Downtown Disney West Side – House of Blues New Smokehouse

- Disneyland Walts Footsteps

- SPOILER ALERTS - Saving Mr. Banks & Frozen

- Carol looses it on Main Street

- Forget it he's rolling

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, LOVE, SHARE, TELL A FRIEND... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2014/episode-59.asp)

BriarRose0708
01-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Listening this morning... so emotional first hearing John's story and then listening to Marathon weekend recap and reliving the ups and downs of that experience. But I am so happy that John is feeling good (you looked great!) and we have this community to turn to for support.

For a charity, what about the American Cancer Society? or Give Kids the World?

I can't answer the Take it or Leave it since I don't qualify for Tables in Wonderland. I might take it if it would make financial sense but I really don't know.

Marathon weekend was a blast, it was easily the best trip I've ever taken to Disney.

mickclub1955
01-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Enjoyed listening to this. It was great meeting Melanie, Carol, and Christine at Gary's Column.

Melanie
01-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Enjoyed listening to this. It was great meeting Melanie, Carol, and Christine at Gary's Column.

Wonderful meeting you and your lovely wife as well. I'm getting around to reading your reports. Hope you guys had a great trip celebrating your DWs birthday!

Melanie
01-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Still in shock that the 'Goofy' moment was caught on tape. Truly bizarre.

My new World Showcase wine glass.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/29/2esyny7e.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/29/zegegy5y.jpg

DisneyMP3Maker
01-29-2014, 11:07 AM
I still can't believe that I got that moment on video! Yes, I am the one who recorded it. I had a GoPro camera that I ran the Dopey Challenge with. I recorded a ton of video that weekend, and a lot of funny moments, but this is my absolute favorite. We had just seen Goofy actually go inside for a break; and yes, the line was huge.

John
01-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks for sharing that moment with us... We figure you must be a member of the site :)

Very cool and congrats on your run!

Pm me your address and I'll send you an ICOT t shirt as a thank you.

Dopey's Girl
01-29-2014, 11:30 AM
Not finished listening yet, but wanted to comment.

Got choked up listening to John's story. John, so glad you are on the mend...

Marathon weekend was one of the most exhausting, fun weekends I have had in a long time. Mel and Carol, I don't think I'll ever forget that guard at the Boardwalk welcoming us home. That was hilarious. It was fun to get to hang out with you ladies bright and early that morning!

T.I.M. aka, J.E.R.K. He was the worst. He's lucky we didn't miss seeing anyone! There would have been an ICOT riot!

I'm in for next year, I really want to do the 10k. I have my pic crossing the finish line of the 5k this year, and want to be able to see the difference in my weight crossing next year. I'll be staying in the Epcot area, and won't be with my family. That was the hard part for me. I don't mind early mornings, but keeping up with a 2 year old in the parks made it really hard.

Listening some more...love having you all back!

Melanie
01-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Marathon weekend was one of the most exhausting, fun weekends I have had in a long time. Mel and Carol, I don't think I'll ever forget that guard at the Boardwalk welcoming us home. That was hilarious. It was fun to get to hang out with you ladies bright and early that morning!

Meg, that guard telling us to have a good night WAS hilarious. If he only knew. We made the most of my erroneous planning with the times and had a great chat/rock in the chairs that morning. I've never seen the Boardwalk so dead. You'd think everyone was asleep! lol

But seriously, it was those kind of moments that made the weekend so special. Forever in my heart it will be one of my very most favorite WDW trips. Even stupid FP+ couldn't ruin that. ;)

Dopey's Girl
01-29-2014, 12:20 PM
Meg, that guard telling us to have a good night WAS hilarious. If he only knew. We made the most of my erroneous planning with the times and had a great chat/rock in the chairs that morning. I've never seen the Boardwalk so dead. You'd think everyone was asleep! lol

But seriously, it was those kind of moments that made the weekend so special. Forever in my heart it will be one of my very most favorite WDW trips. Even stupid FP+ couldn't ruin that. ;)

I agree Mel. It was such a great trip. As tired as I was that morning, just sitting there and enjoying the peace on the Boardwalk was one of the best times of the weekend.

PirateLover
01-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Not finished yet but wanted to pop in with a few thoughts before I forgot!

Like Nikki, I got choked up hearing John tell his story. So glad things worked out in the end, and of course you get a pass on the lack of podcast during that time :thumbsup:

Mel-Thanks for the little shout out. For those not in the running threads, I wanted to share a little bit more about my husband. Hope he doesn't get embarrassed but my husband had been overweight for a number of years. His father took a fatal heart attack at 54. Since that time I have been urging him gently to get healthy but he lacked motivation. I showed him pictures from people who did the 5K last year and the medals, and told him I wanted to go to Disney World and run a race and I wanted him to do it with me. When Intercot announced the meet that sealed the deal. He started running, eating healthier, and bam. He's down 60 lbs and is the same weight as when I started dating him when he was 18 (He is 30). Amazing!

Dolphin- Curious if John experienced the fire alarm thursday night/friday morning. (I think it was 1am). That was a nightmare. This was the second time we stayed there and this time around it wasn't so hot. We had a lot of NOISE problems. Too many rowdy conventioneers. We heard every door slam, and one night even had to call the front desk because our next door neighbor propped his door open and was having basically an open room party into the wee hours. I love the location of Dolphin for the rate we got (we were at a base rate of $170 I believe with a teacher discount), but was soooo happy to switch to All Star Music where we had a room off the beaten path, and some peace and quiet.

Sleep Number bed- Tell me more! Hubby and I JUST started researching this. We are both waking up consistently with aches and pains, tossing and turning, and we think it's time for a new mattress. I love the concept of the Sleep Number bed. We plan to go to a store to test it out a little.

Ok- off to listen to your experiences with My Magic +....

JMTStone
01-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Got out the tissues for the first 10 minutes.

Suggestion on charity: GiveKidstheWorld in Orlando. Its Disney and family related. Check them out.

#runICOT weekend was terrific and I'm IN for next year. 5K and 10K next time. Don't know if I'll do the 1/2. I liked cheering with you guys so much I have to save time for cheering! I wish I could share that video but *I was never there*

My cheer poster got a shout out! YAY! The poster said "You are not the Yeti. Keep Moving" with a picture of our Yeti and #runICOT. It was neon green like our shirts. Here are my #runICOT pics: https://runicot2014.shutterfly.com/runicot2014 There are some pictures from the meets that are kinda cute.

TIW - *if* we move to Florida its definitely a take it. But since we go there so infrequently and don't use Table Service a lot.... and other than my margaritas at La Cava, I'm not paying out of pocket for a lot of stuff as we are on dining plan for the kids. For counter service, normally we only use 2 or 3 meals for all 4 of us!

Frozen - my family LOVED it. Especially "Let it Go"

Melissa (the other Mel)

JMTStone
01-29-2014, 02:04 PM
I still can't believe that I got that moment on video! Yes, I am the one who recorded it. I had a GoPro camera that I ran the Dopey Challenge with. I recorded a ton of video that weekend, and a lot of funny moments, but this is my absolute favorite. We had just seen Goofy actually go inside for a break; and yes, the line was huge.

Thank you so much. That video was hilarious!

Melanie
01-29-2014, 02:33 PM
My cheer poster got a shout out! YAY! The poster said "You are not the Yeti. Keep Moving" with a picture of our Yeti and #runICOT. It was neon green like our shirts.

Mel, just so you know, I have the poster. It will make an appearance at every upcoming #runICOT event. Love it!

PirateLover
01-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Caught this line at the end, I think it was Mel who said it, and I may need to put it in my signature: "We crank because we care."

Exactly! 90% of my posts on here are positive, but I don't think there's anything wrong with venting frustrations about the lack of improvements in the parks and the whole My Magic + vs. what's going on with Universal. I found myself agreeing with majority of what was said in the latter half of the podcast. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but something I've been noticing on the boards is this attitude that you have to love everything about Disney World, if not, you're just burnt out or you hate change, or you hate technology, or you don't really love it as much as the rest of us and so on... :confused:

So let me get this straight... If I don't go every year/ year and a half, I'll just be so excited to go that I will let all the little details (like what you noticed at PhilharMagic) slip my observation? Don't think so. "We crank because we care." Perfect.

mickclub1955
01-29-2014, 03:14 PM
Even with the crank, Intercot is the most positive discussion board out there. We can all vent and not feel like we are going to get flamed on here. Everyone's opinion is respected and that says a lot about every person on this board. You honestly can tell that everyone on this site loves Disney and they do care. I have seen on other sites where you kind of wonder why they are there. Vile and hate spew from every post. Intercot is the best!!!!!

Melanie
01-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Caught this line at the end, I think it was Mel who said it, and I may need to put it in my signature: "We crank because we care."

Yep, that was me, but I can't take credit. That was the title of one of our early podcasts where we did a lot of....cranking. ;)

But, just as you explained Maryanne, it truly is because we care.

Melanie
01-29-2014, 03:22 PM
Even with the crank, Intercot is the most positive discussion board out there. We can all vent and not feel like we are going to get flamed on here. Everyone's opinion is respected and that says a lot about every person on this board. You honestly can tell that everyone on this site loves Disney and they do care. I have seen on other sites where you kind of wonder why they are there. Vile and hate spew from every post. Intercot is the best!!!!!

You speak the truth! Not sure why folks thrive on that, instead of the positive, constructive discussion here on INTERCOT.

John
01-29-2014, 04:58 PM
For those wondering - this is what was playing on the radio in my private room while I was in the Doctor's Office...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sb8WCPjPDs

Still gives me chills listening to it.

Ian
01-29-2014, 09:44 PM
John cranks because he's on Synthroid :D

PirateLover
01-29-2014, 10:00 PM
:doh: forgot about the old podcast title. It's still a great quote. Ian what's your excuse? :secret:

BriarRose0708
01-30-2014, 09:26 AM
:doh: forgot about the old podcast title. It's still a great quote. Ian what's your excuse? :secret:

Oh snap, Maryanne! :funny:

badkitty
01-30-2014, 06:23 PM
I finally had a chance to listen. Wow, John, your story is so touching. I'm glad you are doing okay. What a scary experience.

Loved the inaugural #runICOT! What a great time I had meeting everyone. It was so much fun cheering folks on with you and being cheered on at the Boardwalk by you. Amazing time! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the shout out on the podcast! You are all so great! It was so cool seeing Christine at the Tinkerbell. I can't wait for our next meet-up.

badkitty
01-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Here are my #runICOT pics: https://runicot2014.shutterfly.com/runicot2014 There are some pictures from the meets that are kinda cute.

Great pics! I love the photo with Simba. You two (three) are adorable.

Quadstriker
01-30-2014, 10:08 PM
Take TIW all the way to the bank. All the way. It is the bomb diggity. I was impressed when I heard it was 20% off, THEN I found out it includes alcohol. Whaaaaat????

Enjoy it while it lasts guys, because I'm sure that deal is too good to last for long in this current financial WDW environment in which we reside. I expect in the not too distant future we'll look back fondly on the TIW days and sigh.

Personally I have no interest in this My Magic Your Way Plus Whatever it is. Our next trip to the Florida area is in October (cast member wedding!), and all of that is causing me to seriously scale back our WDW attendance in favor of other things. We'll go to Epcot to experience Food and Wine Festival, hit the Boardwalk for a nice dinner, and that may be it as far as WDW goes. One day. One park. In and out. Fastpass plus juggling with bands that are mixed up? Forget it. Goodbye. No thank you. I realize we aren't the target market anyway for WDW vacations (Married couple with no kids) but all this has definitely impacted our desire to spend money at WDW. Now Disneyland on the other hand - we love it every time we go and look forward to going even more often in the future.

John's anti-CG movie stance is strange to me. He's cutting himself off from a lot of quality. I hope he can be convinced to not take such a hard line here. No Tangled? Come on John!

JMTStone
01-31-2014, 07:40 AM
Great pics! I love the photo with Simba. You two (three) are adorable.

Thanks. We both have Lion King tattoos. DD21 was just a little one when it came out and although Aladdin is her favorite (she's part of the groupies from www.hotaladdin.com) we still consider that our "family"movie.

Melanie
01-31-2014, 08:53 AM
Personally I have no interest in this My Magic Your Way Plus Whatever it is. Our next trip to the Florida area is in October (cast member wedding!), and all of that is causing me to seriously scale back our WDW attendance in favor of other things. We'll go to Epcot to experience Food and Wine Festival, hit the Boardwalk for a nice dinner, and that may be it as far as WDW goes. One day. One park. In and out. Fastpass plus juggling with bands that are mixed up? Forget it. Goodbye. No thank you. I realize we aren't the target market anyway for WDW vacations (Married couple with no kids) but all this has definitely impacted our desire to spend money at WDW. Now Disneyland on the other hand - we love it every time we go and look forward to going even more often in the future.

I feel exactly the same way, Jeff. In fact, unless it's a very special occasion (which is the case when I go this coming April) or a runDisney event, we won't be at WDW any time in the foreseeable future. Disneyland all the way! In fact, we're just now throwing around the idea of going back to WDW in January for #runICOT Part Deux, and we'll most likely do no parks. Although I'd miss Epcot greatly, I'm more than okay with that since it's such a crazy, sleep deprived weekend anyway. I'll be content checking out, shopping and dining at the resorts.

Melanie
01-31-2014, 08:58 AM
Two Brothers playing on MouseWorldRadio right now. Relevant to this podcast, right? :blush: Love!

PirateLover
01-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Yes,Two Brothers! So much goodness in this podcast. I actually made a slideshow to a version of that song when I taught the Civil War. "All on a beautiful morning..."

I didn't chime in on Tables in Wonderland because we aren't eligible, but sounds like a real take it. My brother-in-law and his wife are FL residents/AP holders and met up with us on the runICOT trip. If I had known all of this info before hand I probably would've told them to get it and given them some $$ towards it. Ah Well!

Dopey's Girl
01-31-2014, 09:32 AM
I feel exactly the same way, Jeff. In fact, unless it's a very special occasion (which is the case when I go this coming April) or a runDisney event, we won't be at WDW any time in the foreseeable future. Disneyland all the way! In fact, we're just now throwing around the idea of going back to WDW in January for #runICOT Part Deux, and we'll most likely do no parks. Although I'd miss Epcot greatly, I'm more than okay with that since it's such a crazy, sleep deprived weekend anyway. I'll be content checking out, shopping and dining at the resorts.

As much as I will hate to miss the parks, that will be my plan in January too. I'm no spring chicken...This lady was wiped out after running around like a crazy person all weekend!

Melanie
01-31-2014, 09:50 AM
As much as I will hate to miss the parks, that will be my plan in January too. I'm no spring chicken...This lady was wiped out after running around like a crazy person all weekend!

Yay! Sounds like a good plan, right Meg?

Dopey's Girl
01-31-2014, 01:16 PM

It does...as long as :beer: is involved too! ;)

Melanie
01-31-2014, 01:42 PM

Duh.

AgentC
01-31-2014, 01:58 PM

I'm with both of you on that except I might hang at Epcot a little because you can just be mellow there. I was pretty tired after doing the parks with the kids on Sat & Sunday. :sleepin:

:funny:

AgentC
01-31-2014, 02:23 PM
So that was a pretty full podcast. ;)

A few thought

John- I am so glad everything worked out for you and don't worry you will get used to the medicine. The worse part is when you first go on it but eventually they find the right dose and you get used to it.

#runICOT was fantastic. I am so glad I got to hang out with such a wonderful group of people and thrilled to be able to say I can run a 5K. I would have never ever done it without #runICOT and all of you here. I am looking forward to next year and seeing what my new goal will be. And yes the Goofy incident was a definite highlight. :thumbsup:

I've already posted about my MyMagic + Fast Pass+ and I'll the post stand for itself. No reason to rehash it here.

Tables in Wonderland is a definite take it for me. I use it every trip and it has paid off for me. Between that and my annual pass I very seldom pay full price for table service. As mentioned a nice bonus is that you can use it a all the lounges and the Dolphin and Swan. You can also use it at Vero Beach. I haven't had a chance to take advantage yet but they also have special food events for members. For example they are having a special dinner at Splitsville in February.

I've had several discussions about Frozen with people on Facebook and as I've thought about it more, I think the change from Elsa as the villain (which was originally planned) really contributed to the major disconnect with Hans. And yes, I;m with Quadstriker, you are missing out. Tangled was a great movie. :)

Ian
02-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Ian what's your excuse? :secret:I'm from Philly? :D

PirateLover
02-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Yup, aka "Negadelphia" haha.

Septbride2002
02-02-2014, 11:17 PM
I haven't listened to the whole podcast yet but wanted to comment on 2 things.

John - I'm glad you are doing ok. I hope for you a quick recovery and many more Disney trips to come for you and your family.

A few charities that I wanted to mention for Intercot fund raising:
1. Operation Smile
2. Ronald McDonald House
3. ASPCA (I'm sure all the pod cast dogs would approve).
4. Shriners Hospitals
5. Fisher House Foundation

No matter what charity is chosen, I look forward to participating.

Amanda

wildernesslady
02-03-2014, 02:16 PM
I just got to finish listening. It was great as always.

I'm with Carol and have been fortunate to surround myself with friends that have the TIW card. It's a definite take it.

John, so glad that all has turned out well for you. I'm sure that was a nerve wracking time for you and your family.

Mel, I have to get that wineglass. It's perfect.

We are currently booking a trip to DL as a layover on our way to Auluni. I can't wait to wing it in the parks.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Buttercup
02-03-2014, 07:00 PM
I am a first-time Annual Passholder and honestly I think that at this point, I'd LEAVE IT. We don't spend enough at the restaurants to warrant it. But perhaps in the future when my kids are bigger and eat a lot more, it would definitely be something to consider.

In regards to all the Fastpass+ and MM+ you guys were chatting about, (I LOATHE IT TOO!!!) I was wondering -- John kept saying that he was reserving 4 fastpasses per day. Am I doing something wrong? I thought it was only 3?

John
02-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Sorry - I think it was 3 a day. However, we did get a ton of freebees because of the problems we had and the hours I spent trying to correct it.

disneygeek87
02-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Absolutely loved hearing all of you again while I worked the day away at my desk.

John, thank you so much for sharing that inspirational story with all of us. Thank goodness I keep tissues at my desk!

Can't wait for the next episode, it feels like catching up with friends every time I listen :rocks:

stephicakes
02-06-2014, 06:25 AM
John – SO glad you’re doing well! Scary stuff for sure. And the song coming on while you were at the doctors – I don’t believe in coincidences. ;) I hope you continue to recover quickly!

TIW – TAKE IT!! We love our TIW and it has easily paid for itself 3 times over for us. We never do the dining plan (would be too much food for us) so we love the savings we get with the card. There is a smartphone-friendly version (not an app) of their website that has an updated list of all places that accept it. The fact that it takes % off drinks is great. I love (and always ask) about discounts with any card we have… AP, TIW, DVC, DISNEY VISA. If you don’t ask, you don’t get!! :thumbsup:

Frozen – glad to hear I’m not the only one who didn’t love it. Sorry but it did nothing for me. The songs are cute but I just couldn’t get into it. It’s choppy and the story line is a stretch for me. I want to watch it again to see if I will change my mind, but of all the recent animation movies Disney has put out this is my least favorite. *sigh*

FP+ - I’m still on the fence after using it on our trip last month. REALLY liked the bands for ease of purchases and park entry. But the limit to 3 FP in one park (often not even needed) is not cool. And Carol did mention that we are paying for the park hopper benefit and still can’t get FP at the second park…. Grrrrrrrrr. I agree with Ian about the inconvenience trying to get into your room with the band - especially if your hands are full!! It just never lined up right with the door.

Thanks for the great podcast!
steph :D

bdm@pga
02-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Listening to the story about T I M...all I can say is THIS IS WHY DISNEY IS SLIPPING!

I have had similar run in's with cast members in the last 2 trips, including the worst experience ever trying to be a part of the Christmas Day Parade, as well as just simply trying to view a parade. Get there early, find a spot, only to be told to move just before the parade.

Disney needs to wake up. I love Disney, whole heartedly, but the customer service is slipping and that is all they have left when competing in this market. US is about to explode with the new Harry Potter stuff, and if Disney isn't carefully, they are going to see a shift as to who the theme park giant.

We used to say that even if US had better rides, you always knew what you were getting with a DISNEY trip. Great people, great experience, pleasant atmosphere. Sorry, but that is not guaranteed anymore. And to be quite honest, US is picking up the slack and getting better with their customer service too.

mjm
02-15-2014, 07:42 PM

Exactly! 90% of my posts on here are positive, but I don't think there's anything wrong with venting frustrations about the lack of improvements in the parks and the whole My Magic + vs. what's going on with Universal. I found myself agreeing with majority of what was said in the latter half of the podcast. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but something I've been noticing on the boards is this attitude that you have to love everything about Disney World, if not, you're just burnt out or you hate change, or you hate technology, or you don't really love it as much as the rest of us and so on... :confused:

So let me get this straight... If I don't go every year/ year and a half, I'll just be so excited to go that I will let all the little details (like what you noticed at PhilharMagic) slip my observation? Don't think so. "We crank because we care." Perfect.

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with being cranky and pointing out where things are just wrong. Isn't that why Disney has a "complaint line"? It's like somebody in management is forgetting why the parks are so successful, the unique magical experience that the customers keep coming back for. If the parks stop providing that unique magical experience then there are plenty of other parks they can go to that will be more than happy to provide, at least, an exciting experience.

John.
You said you were on meds, so it's not clear, to me, if you've beaten the cancer, or you're still in treatment. But, either way, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Also, you will like Tangled. It may have a lot of CGI, but it's incredibly well done and comes closest, I think, to appearing to be hand drawn. Also, the plot is fun and well done.

John
02-15-2014, 09:40 PM
My thyroid was removed - so the cancer is gone. As far as we can tell from all the tests that were done before and especially after - it was localized there.

Problem is, you need your thyroid - so if you don't have one - you are on medication for life that replaces what your thyroid makes. In my case it was Synthroid - and now it's Tirosint.

Finally - because I am over 40, male and had a follicular variant of thyroid cancer, they are recommending I do Radioactive Iodine treatment at the end of March which will eliminate any remnants of Thyroid tissue. That means a special diet for 3 weeks and about 5 days of relative isolation.

So, again - the cancer is gone and after the treatment in March, will have only about a 2% chance of recurrence.

All in all - I'm feeling pretty blessed (thanks for all the prayers)! Considering what I was initially told, this is a far cry from that.

tinkwest
02-20-2014, 01:21 PM
What an emotional podcast! I went from crying to laughing out loud. All good stuff.

I am partial to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as a charity, having lost a cousin and my Mother to leukemia. But as a group I would think something with a non specific cancer theme, such as the American Cancer Society, may be a good choice.

jennsky
02-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Just getting caught up on my podcast listening.

John, you got me choked up listening to your story about the music on the radio during your CT Scan. I totally believe that there are NO COINCIDENCES and maybe the big guy was indeed sending a comforting message your way. That was awesome to hear. Glad you're doing well now. :mickey:

John
02-27-2014, 10:28 PM
Just getting caught up on my podcast listening.

John, you got me choked up listening to your story about the music on the radio during your CT Scan. I totally believe that there are NO COINCIDENCES and maybe the big guy was indeed sending a comforting message your way. That was awesome to hear. Glad you're doing well now. :mickey:

Thanks Jenn ��

GMRO
02-28-2014, 02:22 PM
WOW!

Um...unreal podcast... When I dl'd it I was like - what the heck they talk about for sooo loonng.

BUT after a bit - it all made sense.

As many have said JY - very glad to hear your road has smoothed out. Your experiences just make us all remember how precious things can be and what time we have to share them and make the most of them while we are HERE.

TIW - never used it but from the details if I had the AP and was a local it seems to be the way to go. For our small family - DW and I - the QSDP is our best bang. Just works for us based on our needs and our tracking costs prior to not having it. YES we save using it.

TIM - very sad to hear about this. Personally this is why in many many years we have not visited US. Caliber of CM's was down at those parks and when they began to chase the bucks we decided to quit. Time frame - prior to the Simpsons Ride. Never looked back... Not HP fans either so no draw for DW and me there.

Sleep Number Bed - have had one for 10 years. I love it - DW is hit or miss. We had a water bed for years - both before we were married...then as a couple. 10 years ago I was diagnosed with spinal-stenosis and the Sleep Number Bed has helped me a lot. I have it at 80 to 100. DW is at 35 to 45. We do love it. In fact if you have a water bed frame, with draws below you can just get the sleep mattress set up. We opted for the top end with pillow top at that time and it fits nicely in our frame. So our bed is larger if you will - sort of between a king and queen if you think of STD mattresses. I'd never go back. BUT do I sometimes wake up still with pains - YES. Do I sometimes have sleepless nights - YES. Don't believe all the hype...you won't be guaranteed solid sleep all the time. But at least my sleep is better. It is nice but can be colder vs. the heated water bed feel. And our WB was not full motion either. I do like the Sleep Number Bed. GOOD LUCK.

All this FP+ stuff...I can only hope it gets better. I feel we will really miss the ol'legacy FP's. I just hope if we have 3 to use...and only use one at a park and then hop to another park during the same day that the "iPod CM's" can fix us up. Thanks JY for that tip - if I understand what you meant.

AND I very much enjoy the tweets from the runDisney events and the folks who visit more often than DW and I can. I look forward to seeing the pics and the comments from the folks who run and attend these events. And the new programs and merchandise – GREAT TEASERS!!! Fills a great gab between podcasts. Plus I love the abuse of technology!!!
59 - was one of my favorite podcasts...lots of info and great humor too between the icot folks.

SOOO THANKS FOR THAT!

BTW, even with the latest iTunes Podcast App fix – the podcasts won’t dl on my iDevices. I need to DL them on my laptop and use iTunes to transfer them to my iDevices. FYI…

GMRO
03-16-2014, 09:28 AM
Can you folks clarify...

Say I start the day at MK and I have FP's scheduled. If the park is too busy and I leave and go to DHS can I talk to an iPod CM and have them delete my FP's from MK and schedule some if available at DHS? Does it make a difference IF I used any at MK that day or not before I left that park meaning do all 3 need to unused before I make a request to dump them from MK?

Thanks!

Melanie
03-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Can you folks clarify...

Say I start the day at MK and I have FP's scheduled. If the park is too busy and I leave and go to DHS can I talk to an iPod CM and have them delete my FP's from MK and schedule some if available at DHS? Does it make a difference IF I used any at MK that day or not before I left that park meaning do all 3 need to unused before I make a request to dump them from MK?

Thanks!

I'm fairly certain if you have NOT used any, you can dump them and start over at another park. Or at least that's how it originally was. To be honest, they are changing the rules and I can never be sure what's the updated status.

JMTStone
03-17-2014, 07:56 AM
I'm fairly certain if you have NOT used any, you can dump them and start over at another park. Or at least that's how it originally was. To be honest, they are changing the rules and I can never be sure what's the updated status.

On our trip in January, we had a 1/2 day set up at AK morning. We had fast passes set up for 3 attractions. When we got there, the park was empty and things were walk on. I knew we would be at DHS that evening. I cancelled all of our fast passes on my phone and got new ones for DHS for that evening.

GMRO
03-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Thank you - to the MEL's!!! ;)

Our trip is May2014 and we are planning some stuff now. There are 4 of us for a few days and we've already had issues LINKING and making sure our FP's are set for the 4 of us. Once our traveling friends leave it will be just DW and I and we've set up a few more.

APP stinks... too many places to do the same thing different ways...IMO.
Some FP's we see all 4 of us and some only 3 of us. We've no idea why.
So far our ADR's show all 4 of us.

Time will tell how this all works out. Just wondered from those who used it. Still don't like having to use my iDevices while on vaca... We always try and dis-connect from the world while at the WORLD. Now seems we will be tethered in some way to use this FP stuff.