PDA

View Full Version : Transportation opinions wanted please!

zipadeedoodah
01-28-2014, 04:05 PM
So, I have a transportation question, and I knew you all would have the best opinions and options for me!

We have a reservation at Rose & Crown in Epcot at 7:50, and are hoping to see Illuminations while we are at dinner (seated outside...crossing fingers). Well, after we are done with Illuminations, we are wanting to park hop over to MK for EMH. Since we are near the international gateway, would it be easier to exit there and take a bus from the Yacht or Beach club resort, as opposed to walking ALL the way to the main exit to ride either the monorail or bus? Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!! :mickey:

MargaretMessler
01-28-2014, 04:11 PM
I don't think the walking distance is all that much different for the two options. But I walk pretty fast on your average day. So I would choose monorail because the timeframe to wait for a monorail is pretty much set in stone. It operates on a loop, with no road traffic. After waiting an undetermined amount of time for the bus at one of the resorts (maybe one just left, or there's a big crowd headed to EMH), the bus needs to contend with traffic.

On the other hand, the monorail option really entails TWO trips (EPCOT-TTC, then TTC-MK) which might negate the time savings.

EJS-Houston
01-28-2014, 04:21 PM
On the other hand, the monorail option really entails TWO trips (EPCOT-TTC, then TTC-MK) which might negate the time savings.[/QUOTE]

True, but even if there weren't a savings in time, I'd personally much rather be riding the monorail than twiddling my thumbs in queue at a bus stop.

zipadeedoodah
01-28-2014, 04:27 PM
I thought about all of that too..I just wasn't sure if it would save some time because I know after Illuminations, there is usually a mad rush of people heading to the exit (and to the monorail) so I thought maybe it would save some time. haha I probably over-analyze things too much when I plan my trips!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-28-2014, 04:31 PM
Buses do not operate from park to park, so you'd either have to walk to BC&YC for their bus to MK or monorail over to MK.

Normally I would say without doubt monorail, only question would be is that after illuminations will there be a wave exiting and doing the same thing, which could mean that you'd find yourself waiting for the monorail both at Epcot and at TTC.

Coin flip??

Main Street Jim
01-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Is there a bus from EPCOT to the Contemporary/Poly/Grand Floridian? Why not bus to Grand Flo, then Resort Monorail to MK (next stop on the Monorail loop)?

buzznwoodysmom
01-28-2014, 05:15 PM
I would probably walk to beach club and catch a cab to MK. That would be the quickest way in my opinion.

I would pick the monorail over a bus. The only thing is all the people heading in the same direction after Illuminations. In our experience the international gateway is always less crowded than the front exit after Illuminations.

SBETigg
01-28-2014, 05:50 PM
From Rose and Crown, it is much quicker and closer to exit from the International Gateway and head to the Beach Club to grab an MK bus from there. That's the best plan (unless you're willing to spring for a taxi from there, which would be even quicker). Walking through Future World to catch the monorail, and change monorails, would be a much longer way to go.

dvcmember83
01-28-2014, 08:27 PM
I personally would go the monorail route. I think the buses are really slow in regards to time. Plus it is just as fun to ride as the attractions in the parks! :mickey:

Main Street Jim
01-28-2014, 10:17 PM
Give yourself *at least* an hour's travel time.

Illuminations lasts approximately 20-25 minutes. Then you need to either walk out of International Gateway or to the front of the park (another 15 minutes at the minimum).

Then, along with a lot of other guests, you'll need to wait for a Monorail or a bus. Depending on how you catch 'em (either one just left, or one pulling in), you'll be waiting about 15 minutes.

PirateLover
01-28-2014, 10:35 PM
I agree that the walk from International Gateway to the Beach Club bus is most direct/least crowded, but it's anyone's guess as to how frequent the buses will run. If it were me, I'd probably take my chances with the crowd and monorail. Whatever you decide, come back and let us know how it went.

Disneyfun
01-29-2014, 01:07 AM
My personal attack to that situation would be to exit International Gateway, walk over to the Boardwalk Bakery, buy a scrumptious Strawberry cupcake, and then catch a bus to the MK - of course enjoying my cupcake as I waited. :cloud9:

The walk is a bit further, but the cupcake makes it worth it!

I think that the time difference will be minimal. What you save by not waiting for a bus, you will spend in taking the second monorail to the MK or waiting in line for the monorail to the MK. The bus from any of the resorts will take you directly to the main gate of MK so you will not have to take a second mode of transportation. However, the wait for the bus could take as much as 30 minutes at times - but it could be less as they may have ramped up the bus schedule to accommodate those traveling from the resorts for EMH.

Get the cupcake and enjoy the scenery - you may even come across one of the street performers at the Boardwalk!

stephicakes
01-29-2014, 05:42 AM
I would probably walk to beach club and catch a cab to MK. That would be the quickest way in my opinion.

Yes - this!! Being in the United Kingdom you would be right next to IG already. A quick walk to the BC then through the lobby and have Bell Services at the front of the resort call you a cab. A well spent $20 for less aggravation in my opinion! :)