PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining?

JuleeM13
01-28-2014, 12:04 PM
Hi. It's been a few years since I have been to WDW and I was wondering if Disney still offers the free dining promo? We are planning a trip for October 2014 and I'm wondering if I should hold out to see if they release discounts for then or if they have phased that out. I seem to remember talk a few years ago that Disney was going to start limiting the discounts they offer. If they still do anyone have a guess for when they will start to release them for that time?

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
01-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Not likely! Free dining has gone away!

MW1218
01-28-2014, 01:02 PM
I don't think you can say that so definitively. They had Free Dining last year for the entire last four months of the year (barring the holiday week).

The Free Dining for September 2-25 was released in May, and the Free Dining for 9/29 - 12/22 was released at the beginning of August, 2013.

d_m_n_n
01-28-2014, 01:10 PM
I used to love the thought of Free Dining until planning our current trip. It was offered and I snatched it up...then plans changed and we had to rearrange our dates to where Free Dining wasn't available. I was devastated because I love the idea of FREE...know the difference in cost of our package now with dining? $20 Yup...a big whopping $20.

My advice...contact Magical Journey's. They will get you the best deal out there regardless if it's "free" or not :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
01-28-2014, 02:35 PM
I was devastated because I love the idea of FREE...know the difference in cost of our package now with dining? $20 Yup...a big whopping $20.

My advice...contact Magical Journey's. They will get you the best deal out there regardless if it's "free" or not :thumbsup:

Yeah, "free" is definitely a misnomer since you pay full rack rate for the room on the "free" dining deal.

The Magical Journeys suggestion is the best. They'll get you whatever deal is available, but don't count on "free" dining for October. October has become extremely popular recently (last year it was jam packed) so Disney isn't releasing as many discounts.

zipadeedoodah
01-28-2014, 03:56 PM
"Free" Dining offers used to be available for September and October, but the last few years has only been for the month of September - and once in awhile the last couple of weeks in August.

azcavalier
01-28-2014, 04:31 PM
"Free" Dining offers used to be available for September and October, but the last few years has only been for the month of September - and once in awhile the last couple of weeks in August.

Not true. It starts with only September, and then they extend it, and extend it again. The last few years it has actually been extended into December. I know, we've used it.

But past events is not a predictor of future events. They could just simply not offer it this coming year. It's been a huge success for Disney, though. The word used to be that it was offered to drive up attendance during "off-season" periods. Well, if so, then well played, Disney. It worked.

zipadeedoodah
01-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Not true. It starts with only September, and then they extend it, and extend it again. The last few years it has actually been extended into December. I know, we've used it.

But past events is not a predictor of future events. They could just simply not offer it this coming year. It's been a huge success for Disney, though. The word used to be that it was offered to drive up attendance during "off-season" periods. Well, if so, then well played, Disney. It worked.

I know for a fact that it has started in August in the past, as I have participated in it. And I wouldn't consider it extending it when it runs in Nov. and Dec. because it usually stops during Oct. and then starts again in Nov. or Dec. for a few weeks during the less busy times. I have also seen the Free Dining promotion in Feb. and May in the past. They pull out the promotions when they anticipate low attendance.

VacationDisney
01-28-2014, 05:34 PM
We had free dining the first week in December:mickey: