PDA

View Full Version : Note from legal department on the survey

mickclub1955
01-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Taking the survey now from our stay and this is the note from the legal department.

We appreciate your taking the time to participate, and encourage you to share your opinions; however,please note that we are not soliciting any ideas or suggestions. By participating in this survey, you consent to our unrestricted use and disclosure, without any compensation or obligation to you, of any ideas or suggestions you provide us in connection with this survey. Please be assured that we will not use any of the information you provide to us in connection with this survey to market any products or services to you.

Does this mean they want to know how the trip was, but we don't want any ideas or suggestions and if you do give us some and we use it , we are not going to give you any credit for it nor pay you for it.

Ian
01-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Does this mean they want to know how the trip was, but we don't want any ideas or suggestions and if you do give us some and we use it , we are not going to give you any credit for it nor pay you for it.Yes, but that's not really what it's for. It's to cover them in the event someone sends in a survey that says, "We had an okay time but we were really disappointed that you didn't have a Beauty and the Beast ride like the Ariel ride. You should build one of those."

Then, if they ever decide to do that, they have to worry about this guy claiming it was his idea.

AndrewJackson
01-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Does this mean they...are not going to give you any credit for it nor pay you for it.

Yep!

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-26-2014, 04:03 PM
Yep! Fancy language to make sure they don't ever owe any money to anyone who says "that was my idea ... I told them to build/change/do that".

I'm never sure how much they really want to hear anyways ... the surveys are always so slanted to the positive that they just want to hear how great they are.

mickclub1955
01-26-2014, 04:06 PM
I just finished it. At first I thought it was saying we are giving you this survey but we really don't need your ideas or suggestions. I was then thinking "Then why are you giving me this survey":confused:. Then I knew it was probably for the other reason. Then I got to thinking that you never really ever gave me an area to make a suggestion, just choose from our pre selected options.

JerseyDad
01-26-2014, 04:36 PM
....a blank survey ...sent back ....speaks volumes ...really.

....if they are going to 'slant' the survey ...why bother? Your opinion ...in actuality ...then, means nothing ...but I'm almost certain that your time ...has substantial value.

DisneyDawgette
01-30-2014, 10:57 PM
I've done two of these surveys in the past month and never saw that little legal notice… But, I figure if they're taking the time to send me the surveys, then someone will take the time to read it… I think that multi-billion dollar empires have learned the importance of legal protection. ;)

Ultimately, I think the surveys are more quality-based as opposed to tell-me-what-you-think-the-next-big-attraction-should-be. They have Imagineers for that, though we can always give an opinion! :D

DizneyRox
01-31-2014, 06:08 AM
I don't think you can not respond to questions, so I don't think a blank survey works.

Also, yes, these are slanted... We do employee satisfaction surveys in work, and I find it funny how they interpret results. Seems there really are only two answers. The only real negative is the strongly dissagree option. Everything else seems to get rounded up to positive.

Altair
01-31-2014, 08:48 AM
Just took a survey this morning that mostly dealt with WDW during the holiday season. This one was no slanted at all and gave me all kinds of opportunity to express my opinions.
The only problem I had was a question if I had considered a holiday season trip before after it already knew I had been many times during that period before. It didn't make sense.
I let them know my feelings on the new system, but did not rant on it.
:mickey:

minnie04
01-31-2014, 09:36 AM
I just took one as well regarding our last visit. I did put some nice things and also stated a few things I think they need to improve. I hope someone does read it and make changes I'm sure I'm not the only one saying these things about the resort. It was more about the run down décor and rooms. NOT the staff they were very good.

I wonder if you put all negative things on the survey would they respond to you :confused:

mom2morgan
01-31-2014, 04:55 PM
Indeed. a few years ago my 8 year old sent in a drawing of her idea for a new "pirates" ride after the second movie came out. It was a crayon drawing and she said her age. She got a letter back - with the drawing and a letter from the legal department advising her not to do that again. Foolishly, I didn't open it before giving it to her - and she was so excited to see that she got a letter back! :( I think she is still crushed by that memory. at least they could have put "To the PARENTS of...."

CaptSmee
02-02-2014, 10:13 AM
My sister was approached about surveys 8 times when we were there. I told her next time to leave her official survey taker hat at home!

disneygeek87
02-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Yes, but that's not really what it's for. It's to cover them in the event someone sends in a survey that says, "We had an okay time but we were really disappointed that you didn't have a Beauty and the Beast ride like the Ariel ride. You should build one of those."

Then, if they ever decide to do that, they have to worry about this guy claiming it was his idea.

I agree. I actually remember writing the, a letter years ago when I was a little girl. I said they should have Mary Poppins ride and I got back essentially the same response (along with a signed photo of Mickey and such, of course!) They weren't being harsh to a child or anything, they just have to make sure no one can claim copyright infringment if someone's idea comes to fruition as an actual attraction down the road.(Even though I'm sure Disney's version would be better than my mind could ever come up with :coaster:)