PDA

View Full Version : With less going because fast pass + why crowded?

special ed teacher
01-26-2014, 11:03 AM
I keep reading that so many people will not go to Disney for a while due to the new Fp+, but it is still very crowded, and no reported change in attendance.

DizneyRox
01-26-2014, 11:54 AM
Because while people like to complain about it, they will still go...

Also, what you're reading here is a very small (insignificant some might say) percentage of the people that go. Most people if polled probably never heard any of the 'popular' Disney forums.

Dulcee
01-26-2014, 01:02 PM
I highly doubt fast pass plus is actually impacting the numbers attending disney. If anything I've had more friends/family ask me about disney trips in the past few months after the commercials and promotions about the bands came out on tv.

MNNHFLTX
01-26-2014, 01:18 PM
Oh yes, there are tons of people (especially international tourists) that are still going to WDW, many for the first time. Based on what I have read, they are the market Disney is targeting right now. It's just us "old-timers" that are frustrated with some of the changes at Disney World (especially FP+) and are choosing not to go there right now.

Ian
01-26-2014, 01:23 PM
Oh yes, there are tons of people (especially international tourists) that are still going to WDW, many for the first time. Based on what I have read, they are the market Disney is targeting right now. It's just us "old-timers" that are frustrated with some of the changes at Disney World (especially FP+) and are choosing not to go there right now.Yep.

Daisy'sMom
01-26-2014, 03:10 PM
Oh yes, there are tons of people (especially international tourists) that are still going to WDW, many for the first time. Based on what I have read, they are the market Disney is targeting right now. It's just us "old-timers" that are frustrated with some of the changes at Disney World (especially FP+) and are choosing not to go there right now.

Ditto!

Zippy 1
01-26-2014, 03:51 PM
I know we won't be going anytime soon. We want to wait and see if things settle down a bit. We aren't people who go to Disney every year anyway. Love it there but there are some many other places to go.

AndrewJackson
01-26-2014, 03:58 PM
I just spoke with a colleague who went for the first time ever. He thought the Magic Bands and FP+ was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Us old timers who know how to go to WDW during Spring Break, and not wait in line more than 10 minutes, are a bit concerned about the limitations of FP+.

We are going in late March. I am reserving judgement until I experience it firsthand. I know it will be different, I am hoping it will be better.

JerseyDad
01-26-2014, 04:39 PM
Because while people like to complain about it, they will still go...

Also, what you're reading here is a very small (insignificant some might say) percentage of the people that go. Most people if polled probably never heard any of the 'popular' Disney forums.

....it's really quite amazing ...in these days of finger-tip information availability ...that many more folks don't seek out public forums such as this one ...and the many others, that provide first hand info / feedback / tips.:confused:

Terra
01-26-2014, 04:58 PM
Well I'm an old timer but not really all down on Disney myself. I'm glad they are doing great business. Keeps jobs going in our area!

And I disagree some on the forums thing. I love people watching/listening and when I'm in lines I hear a lot of people say yeah on 'x' board or 'x' board I read this or that.

Many that I have heard/talked too are "well researched" and multi-time visitors as well.

I understand that as a matter of opinion that [general] you may not like the direction. But my one question in all of this is: Is it really so hard to believe that others are not so upset and aggravated?
When people like myself express that we are not we are suddenly brainwashed [or whatever the term is :blush:] as a disney fanatic.

I just *personally* as a matter of opinion don't see all this negative stuff.

MNNHFLTX
01-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Well I'm an old timer but not really all down on Disney myself. I'm glad they are doing great business. Keeps jobs going in our area!

Many that I have heard/talked too are "well researched" and multi-time visitors as well.

I understand that as a matter of opinion that [general] you may not like the direction. But my one question in all of this is: Is it really so hard to believe that others are not so upset and aggravated?
When people like myself express that we are not we are suddenly brainwashed [or whatever the term is :blush:] as a disney fanatic.

I just *personally* as a matter of opinion don't see all this negative stuff.I didn't mean that all of us "old-timers" are frustrated with the MM+ stuff. But I do think a fair share of them are. If you are okay with it, more power to you--I'm counting on you all to work out the bugs before I decide to go again. ;)

And I sure that some of the newbies in the parks do their research and I think that's great too. But I don't think that's the majority of first-time visitors. I've had members of my extended family vacation there for the first-time and decline any offers of tips or information. Then they come back frustrated because the lines were long (they didn't understand FP), it was hot (hello, it's summer in Florida!) and it was expensive (they were not aware of discounts and packages going on at the time they traveled). In fact, now that I think about it, the new system could be very helpful to first-time visitors because the technology is all simplified by that band around the wrist. They know ahead of time what parks they'll be in for their FP+ times, where they'll be eating, etc. I can see how that might be appealing to some people.

Anyway, you have every right to your own opinion about the situation. There's room for all points of view on the boards. :)

1DisneyNut
01-27-2014, 11:29 AM
It takes a little time for everything to trickle down when people are dissatisfied. They will usually "give it another chance." Right now we are still in the time slot where people planned their vacations prior to all this mess rolling out to any significant degree. Many make their resort reservations 10 months to a year in advance. A lot of people even make ADR's for dining 6 months out for crying out loud.

If there is a significant negative impact on attendance it will start showing up late this summer and in the fall.

I for one can tell you that we do not have any WDW visits in the works for 2014 or 2015 and this is coming from someone who used to go on 2 one week trips and a third trip for a long weekend almost every year. I'm not burned out on WDW....still love the parks as much as ever but I hate the new system and all the pre-planning. We haven't hardly eaten at a sit down restaurant onsite in 5 years because I refuse to make ADR's.

I can also tell you that my circle of family and friends has no visits scheduled in the upcoming year whereas many of them always had a trip in the works. It was common for it to come up in conversation and we would talk about when we were going and which resort we were staying etc. Now all that ever comes up is this FP+ junk, the lack of maintenance and how Epcot is becoming a run down, boarded up mess comparable to a declining city's downtown area.

Giggy
01-27-2014, 03:33 PM
There will be no significant impact either way.

For one thing a lot of people go to WDW once or twice and then maybe do the same when they have kids of their own. These groups will not have a comparison and in many cases even if they did wouldn't change their mind over a one-off chance.

Secondly, even of the regulars and semi-regulars, I doubt there will be a huge impact. As with any change there will be some majorly for it, some majorly against it but A LOT of people somewhere in the middle. They may like or dislike the change but they won't feel too strongly, definitely not to cancel a vacation. There is an illusion of stronger feelings being the majority because people with strong views are much more likely to post. This is true of positive views and even more so of negative views.

As an example of the second explanation you see this in politics a lot with people thinking the party they disagree with are all nuts because the loudest voices that they hear will be those with the most extreme views.

Personally I am somewhere in the middle. I can sort of see why they are doing it but am a little sceptical of a couple of issues. In my case irrelevant as a combination of finances plus commitments at medical school and then later as a junior doctor mean I am some way away from my next visit. That said if I was able to just put everything on hold for 2 weeks and go tomorrow I totally would! :secret:

d_m_n_n
01-28-2014, 04:56 PM
I consider myself somewhat of a frequent visitor...meaning I always know when our next trip will be. However, we leave tomorrow and I have a feeling it will be a LOOONNNNGGG time before we return. I still love it as much as ever, but this trip really hasn't been as much fun planning as in the past. WDW will probably see my family again in about 15 years :(

JerseyDad
01-28-2014, 08:03 PM
I consider myself somewhat of a frequent visitor...meaning I always know when our next trip will be. However, we leave tomorrow and I have a feeling it will be a LOOONNNNGGG time before we return. I still love it as much as ever, but this trip really hasn't been as much fun planning as in the past. WDW will probably see my family again in about 15 years :(

.....that soon??