PDA

View Full Version : Disney family Museum

bostomco
01-25-2014, 08:08 PM
Hi all, I'm going to have some free time in San Francisco next week and want to go to the Disney Family museum. How long should I plan on spending there? Is there parking nearby? and finally is it worth it?

Jeff
01-31-2014, 02:49 PM
Any help?

NJGIRL
01-31-2014, 08:21 PM
I am going to move this to DLR
Mousellaneous. Maybe we will get better results.

tinkwest
01-31-2014, 09:56 PM
I have never been but I know I would feel it was worth the visit and would give myself at least several hours if not all day to take it all in. There appears to be a good amount of parking in the area. I hope you decide to go (keep in mind that they are closed on Tuesdays) and perhaps you can give us your opinions on the museum.

BrerGnat
02-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Yes, GO! It is fantastic. You need a minimum of about 3 hours. There is always a special exhibit in the basement and they show classic movies down there as well. The exhibits change frequently so if you are interested in what they will be offering, allow an extra hour or two. There is plenty of parking. The museum is in the middle of a large park. If you are a Star Wars fan, the Industrial Light and Magic headquarters are also on the grounds and there is a cool bronze Yoda statue outside the building.

Anyway, definitely visit the museum. It is absolutely essential for any Disney fan. There is a LOT to read, but it ids SUCH interesting stuff. Really, try to read everything! There is a small cafe inside as well as a pretty good gift shop with some very unique stuff. As for worth it, I got in for free (that is their military discount, free) but I was prepared to pay full price and it was definitely worth that. They do offer an AAA discount as well.