PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass+ Line Pictures

Mattr05
01-25-2014, 03:42 PM
So I recently had the pleasure of visiting Disney World and experiencing the new My magic+ which I actually enjoy. It's a great strive for the incorporation of technology which is why some people hate it. It involves technology.

Anyways the one thing I was disappointed by was whatever algorithm they used to determine how many people received Fastpass+ passes per hour. The Fastpass lines were incredibly long. I know they just introduced this new program so it has it's bugs to work out.

So I experienced this on 3 of the 5 rides I used Fastpass+ on. At first I honestly thought they were the standby lines. So I snapped a pic of the line while I was in it and illustrated the line on Google maps of the park.

http://s27.postimg.org/5qgunzf7n/Dinosaur.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/qvkf7nufn/Space_Mtn.jpg

http://s24.postimg.org/ouvb7jb11/Space_Ranger.jpg

PirateLover
01-25-2014, 04:31 PM
WOW! What day did you take these? That looks crazy. How long did it take you to actually get to the rides??? Did you notice what the standby wait was? We didn't see anything like that on our trip at AK or MK, but we experienced low attendance days.
Also, :welcome: !!!

Johnno52
01-25-2014, 06:45 PM
I was saying this myself today while at AK for the Safari ride. They were backed up from the trucks out to the FP gate and about 50 waiting to scan. However once in line it went by pretty quick and was on in about 10 minutes. It did actually seem that the FP line was longer then the Standby line.

AndrewJackson
01-25-2014, 07:48 PM
So how long did it take to get on the ride. If it is just backed up to scan the magic band, that is bad enough. However, if it is backed up all the way through the queue, that is ridiculous.

Johnno52
01-25-2014, 09:38 PM
I mentioned that it took the whole trip 10 minutes to get from the line-up outside the first FP gate onto the trucks, which was surprisingly quick.

CaptSmee
01-27-2014, 08:19 AM
We encountered longer than usual FP lines too last week but nothing that was too crazy & they all moved along relatively quickly

Ian
01-27-2014, 09:15 AM
So I recently had the pleasure of visiting Disney World and experiencing the new My magic+ which I actually enjoy. It's a great strive for the incorporation of technology which is why some people hate it. It involves technology. I work in technology and have for the last ... oh ... 20 odd years or so. I'm a complete gadget nerd. In short, I love technology.

I hate My Magic + ;)

Melanie
01-27-2014, 10:12 AM
I work in technology and have for the last ... oh ... 20 odd years or so. I'm a complete gadget nerd. In short, I love technology.

I hate My Magic + ;)

Word.

MNNHFLTX
01-27-2014, 10:22 AM
In short, I love technology.

I hate My Magic + ;)

:ditto:

Hammer
01-27-2014, 10:44 AM
I work in technology and have for the last ... oh ... 20 odd years or so. I'm a complete gadget nerd. In short, I love technology.

I hate My Magic + ;)

I don't hate My Magic + (that is giving it more importance to my life than it will ever have), but as someone who has been working in technology for as long as Ian, the technology is seriously flawed and should not have been widely distributed until more bugs had been fixed.

And Ian, you weren't saying you "hated" My Magic + after your December vacation. I actually agree with your assessment from late December.

Overall I'd have to say the program had a signficantly lesser impact on our trip than I expected it to. Being very honest with myself, if I wasn't pre-disposed to not like it beforehand I think the impact would have been even less. The biggest issue by far is the complexity and lack of clarity around how the program works (and I mean the actual mechanics of using the app and navigating the program details) and also the significant technical limitations and challenges of their network and the app itself.

If they can sort that out and maybe tweak some of the items in the "cons" column I mentioned this may not be as bad as we all thought it would be.