PDA

View Full Version : Best View For Illuminations

steamboat willy
01-25-2014, 01:41 PM
We used to enjoy setting water side in the Mexico Counter Service to view the nightly showing of Illuminations, but since the change to a Table Service, that spot is no longer available. This last October we got stuck behind the island and pine trees to try and view through the limbs.
What is your favorite and best Illuminations viewing spot?:fworks:

ajwgroomer
01-26-2014, 02:24 PM
Back when I was in high school our band went and some of my friends and I waited and got front and center spots in between those two shops. They rope it off and closer to when it starts you can move closer to the water and we were as close as we could get. It was great and the best spot ever!!!

faline
01-26-2014, 03:14 PM
Back when I was in high school our band went and some of my friends and I waited and got front and center spots in between those two shops. They rope it off and closer to when it starts you can move closer to the water and we were as close as we could get. It was great and the best spot ever!!!

I believe that area is now reserved for those who have made fastpass+ reservations to see Illuminations. It does not include places to sit.

CaptSmee
01-27-2014, 08:17 AM
The best place to sit is a late dinner at Rosé & Crown!

BelleBeauty
01-30-2014, 12:47 PM
I agree, if you are willing to wait a little white grabbing spots right in the middle as you enter World Showcase right up by the railing is great. It gives you a front row seat and you can sit. Bonus: you can shop in the stores while you wait!

mickclub1955
01-30-2014, 01:01 PM
I agree, if you are willing to wait a little white grabbing spots right in the middle as you enter World Showcase right up by the railing is great. It gives you a front row seat and you can sit. Bonus: you can shop in the stores while you wait!

This spot is reserved for fp+ now.

buzznwoodysmom
01-30-2014, 01:02 PM
The best place to sit is a late dinner at Rosé & Crown!

:ditto: We had a 7:40 ADR at Rose and Crown in November and ended up seated outside with a great view of Illuminations from our table. We were just starting dessert when the show started! Excellent way to end a day in Epcot.

Gator
01-30-2014, 01:10 PM
The spot between UK and Canada has a great viewing area, as does Germany near the boat dock.

zipadeedoodah
01-30-2014, 04:56 PM
:ditto: We had a 7:40 ADR at Rose and Crown in November and ended up seated outside with a great view of Illuminations from our table. We were just starting dessert when the show started! Excellent way to end a day in Epcot.

Yes! We are hoping to get an outside table and Rose & Crown for Illuminations viewing. We have at 7:50 reservation time. :) Should I just let them know at check-in that I'd like an outside table if possible?

faline
01-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Yes! We are hoping to get an outside table and Rose & Crown for Illuminations viewing. We have at 7:50 reservation time. :) Should I just let them know at check-in that I'd like an outside table if possible?

You can let them know but, my understanding is that they no longer take such requests seriously. At 7:50, I'd be surprised if any outside tables would open up before Illuminations even if patrons have finished their dining and are having a second or third cup of coffee.

buzznwoodysmom
01-30-2014, 08:08 PM

Our reservation was for 7:40, we checked in around 7:25 (15 minutes early), and requested an outside table. We were told that since it was on the chilly side that night they should not have any problems filling that request. I even told them that we would wait if we had to if that would mean an outside table. We weren't seated till a bit after 8, but we had an outside table with a perfect view of Illuminations.

As we were seated I took a moment to observe the seating and every table out there was full. So much for no one wanting to eat outside. Lol. I will say this, after we were seated I didn't see any other guests leave the outside area until illuminations was over. I guess we got really lucky.

CaptSmee
02-02-2014, 10:17 AM
You can let them know but, my understanding is that they no longer take such requests seriously. At 7:50, I'd be surprised if any outside tables would open up before Illuminations even if patrons have finished their dining and are having a second or third cup of coffee.

Odds are good you will have one. We have made reservation for 7:30 or later a dozen times & were only seated inside once. I often see people leaving the outside seating area close to 9 & think to myself are these people nuts? Last week when we were there they were still seating people outside at 8:50