PDA

View Full Version : POR versus AoA transportation

BJSforVols
01-24-2014, 04:05 PM
Compare the bus transportation between Riverside and Art of Animation. Is one resort known to have better transportation than the other? If not, is one resort better for some parks or DTD whereas the other resort is better for the other parks?

Opinions?

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-24-2014, 06:34 PM
One of the "perks" of staying at Riverside is that there is a boat to DTD, as well as a bus.

Some people express some frustration that POR can share a bus sometimes with POFQ, making it a busy bus route, but AoA is also a large resort and their busses can be crowded at park opening and closing as well, with both resorts being quite quiet during the day.

We've stayed a couple of times at POR, and never had an issue with the busses, when the lines were crazy long, another (extra) bus appeared!

disneynarula
01-25-2014, 03:59 AM
I found that the buses for AoA were often crowded. We were there the third week in October. It was a little better at POR but not much. I have stayed at quite a few moderates and values and I haven't really noticed a difference in bus service. They are always crowded at park opening and closing.

I guess the perk of PoR is the boat to DTD but unless you are going to spend a lot if time there it doesn't really matter.

I would still prefer to stay at POR. The beds are nicer. If you have little ones they would probably prefer AoA. My kids loved it there.