PDA

View Full Version : Who's Lucky Enough to Be There Right Now-Are Crowds Pretty Low ?

mickeys_princess_mom
01-23-2014, 09:26 PM
We are a week away :mjump: and I'm hoping the anticipated low crowds will really be happening! How are the parks looking? Are you walking on rides? I see some of the wait times on apps and signs are not necessarily accurate...What's the lowdown? :wave:

Goofeygal
01-24-2014, 07:41 AM
I am here right now and the crowds are not bad. They seems average.

Strmchsr
01-24-2014, 08:08 AM
I'll be there next week, too. Spoke to some CM friends and got the same report as above - definitely not low, but not bad. Because of all of the South American groups January doesn't have low crowds any more.

Aurora
01-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Brother there now and said tour groups are keeping wait times on the moderate to high side for the headliners. Soarin' was at a 2-hour wait at one point on Wednesday. Hard to tell if that was accurate, though, as the posted wait times and those reported on the app are unreliable -- either too low or too high.

susy the groomer
01-29-2014, 12:44 AM
So would late September or early October be better for a !ow crowd visit these days, or early February? I'm planning for next year. I'm an AP holder at DLR but have no experience at WDW. Thinking of Epcot.

Strmchsr
01-29-2014, 08:03 AM
I thought early October was an okay time but this past year it was crazy crowded. Early nov (before President's Day) still seems to not be bad.

Scar
01-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Early nov (before President's Day) still seems to not be bad.Awake yet Chris? ;)

TinkerbellT421
01-29-2014, 09:19 AM
Here now and the studios were pretty busy Monday. No fastpasses were available for tower of terror rock n roller coaster toy story mania by 3pm. Tower of terror was about an hour wait, rock n roller coaster never went under 70 minutes. Busier than we are used to January. And I really feel the fastpass system is making these rides and wait times skewed.

CaptSmee
01-29-2014, 01:36 PM
Just returned & it was average, lots of south american groups but it didn't seem to interfere with anything. Depending on day & park & using FP+ wisely it should be enjoyable (but cold)

susy the groomer
01-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks Chris!

Strmchsr
01-29-2014, 05:31 PM
Awake yet Chris? ;)

Ha! With all of the weather casting I've been doing for the snow in the south and also trying to teach all week here at Disney I don't know which month it is anymore.

I will say since it was rainy and cold today Magic Kingdom was almost empty. Just about every ride (except Peter Pan, of course) was walk-on.

denygold
01-29-2014, 11:49 PM
I arrived Jan 24. It has seemed busy to me, but I suspect it is medium to medium low. It feels crowded but the wait times are not horrible. Today (Jan 29) was really light, but it Is cold & wet, so that is probably why.

Lindsey310
02-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Leaving in 7 days!!!! Can't wait!!! Wondering what the crowds are like too but more concerned with the weather! I want it to be warm...but I guess anything is better than New England weather! :secret:

:cloud9:

Daisy'sMom
02-05-2014, 01:59 PM
We were there on Monday and the crowds were great. We were only at Epcot so can't say how the other parks were.:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
02-06-2014, 09:41 PM
We went last week, and the weekdays were great (maybe cause it drizzled and was cold?...). I constantly changed my fastpasses as I walked on many rides! But then on Saturday--wowza!!! Whole nother ballgame. Did ok in early morning, then it was crazy!!! Long lines for everything!!!!! We had done most of the important ones for us by then, so we just used our fastpasses and walked around! I was really surprised--maybe like another poster said, there is no slow time anymore?....