PDA

View Full Version : memory maker question

bdm@pga
01-23-2014, 12:36 PM
Has anyone used the memory maker program? My questions, which I asked through the Disney website but were not answered properly, are :

After you download your photos, will you be able to take them some where and and print them? Will you be able to print them at home? If so, where can you take them?

Any help???Is this worth it???

Roger's #1 Fan
01-23-2014, 12:46 PM
My recent trip (August) was at the tail end of Photopass before this new program took over.

If it has the same basic features, which I think it does, I purchased a CD of all my photos (could download as well) and I got a release from Disney which I could use to get them printed at a shop (CVS, WalMart, etc.) and I can also print them at home as well.

borhyas78
01-23-2014, 05:33 PM
My girlfriend and I have used the service every visit for the last 3 years and love it! Even when we are on a short trip and don't prepay to get the discount, because "it wont be worth it in 3 days" we always end up buying the Cd.

We even have a couple of must visit photographers (Hello Louis from Marseilles France at Epcot) that will take you aside and do Multi location photo shoots or get props involved. .. and of coarse the special effect photos!

Like anything Disney its not cheap, but it more than makes up for the cost through the services provided.

faline
01-23-2014, 05:54 PM
The new memory maker no longer includes a CD that is mailed to you. Instead, you download your photos from the website. According to the Disney website, the zip file that includes your photos will also include a limited license that will allow you to print the photos for your personal use. I understand you can still get a CD - for an additional cost, of course.

CaptSmee
01-23-2014, 09:25 PM
My recent trip (August) was at the tail end of Photopass before this new program took over.

If it has the same basic features, which I think it does, I purchased a CD of all my photos (could download as well) and I got a release from Disney which I could use to get them printed at a shop (CVS, WalMart, etc.) and I can also print them at home as well.

It costs $199.00, I can't see how it would ever be worth that

Momof2boys
01-23-2014, 11:06 PM
You can preorder and get 50 dollars off.

KAJUNKING
01-24-2014, 09:07 PM
its my understanding that all the people who are in my family and friends on the my disney experinces sites pictures will be available to download at that one price. is that correct?

wdwaggie
01-25-2014, 11:24 AM
We used the photopass service on our last trip in 2011 and we LOVED it. It was nice to finally be in the pictures, vs being the one always behind the lens. The photographers were wonderful, knowing all the perfect spots to pose you at for background scenes. The added function of being able to customize our pics was great too, we added the year and my birthday to several and now when we go back and look at them with friends and family they have more meaning. We even purchased the memories book and that is one of our most cherished memories of the trip. To be able to customize the pages and the images was priceless to have our very own hard-bound copy of our photo memories.:thumbsup:

wdwaggie
01-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Forgot to say...already signed up for Memory Maker for our trip this Sep too!!