PDA

View Full Version : Off site FP+ activation

Jillirose
01-22-2014, 04:53 PM
We are staying at the Dolphin in FEB and have 7 day hoppers. We are arriving around 8:00 PM on the 8th. Should we head straight to the parks to activate our tickets? Do we all need to be present or can one of us take the tickets to the park? I have linked our tickets to MDE, so I think I will then be able to make my reservations that night from my phone, correct? thanks!

MickeysBestPal
01-22-2014, 05:12 PM
We are staying at the Dolphin in FEB and have 7 day hoppers. We are arriving around 8:00 PM on the 8th.

1- Should we head straight to the parks to activate our tickets?

2- Do we all need to be present or can one of us take the tickets to the park?

3- I have linked our tickets to MDE, so I think I will then be able to make my reservations that night from my phone, correct? thanks!

1- No need to do that.

2- No need to do that.
Nothing is gained by "activating" tickets at the park.
Your tickets will already be ready to use at the parks when you arrive.

3- If you can't make FP+ in advance TODAY,
I don't think that you'll be able to do so
in advance even when at WDW.
Swan & Dolphin guests can only make DAY-OF FP+ choices.
(Same as the rest of guests staying "off-site.")

However- with the way changes in MDE/FP+ are being made, who knows
what might happen by the dates of your trip?

Stay tuned.

Jillirose
01-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Thanks! We will be there soon to trial :)

PirateLover
01-27-2014, 01:06 AM
If your tickets are old style paper tickets, you will need to update them to be RFID enabled. If you need to do that, it may be worthwhile to do it the night before. Other than that, the previous poster is correct. You will not be able to make reservations in advance, and I'm not even sure you can use your phone. I believe if you don't have the band, you have to manually record your times or take a pic at the kiosk. Again things are always changing... Good luck