PDA

View Full Version : Is Biergarten still a walk up?

TheVBs
01-22-2014, 02:56 PM
We're thinking we might want to eat here, but aren't sure. I know on past trips we've never had a problem doing a walk up here. Is that still the case? I'd like to avoid making a reservation if I can.

Dulcee
01-22-2014, 03:18 PM
We changed our reservation time in mid January about 2 hours before we showed up. It was for a group of 7 and it wasn't a problem in the least. I don't know if its like that all times of the year though.

Davy Crockett
01-22-2014, 09:46 PM
During a more crowded time of the year I wouldn't call it a walk up even though you could do it. On our last trip which fell during the Memorial Day holiday week we did just that as it is always a must do for me, but it took over an hour from the time we gave our name till the little light up "come back to the podium" went off. Good thing is you can get a beer at the outside stall and people watch.

TheVBs
01-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Thank you for the responses! We're going in early May so I think we're just going to chance a walk up for lunch or dinner.

Altair
01-26-2014, 10:06 AM
We went the first week of December and tried, but could not get in. We were told no walk-ups were being taken. We were able to make reservations for a few days later at City Hall. :mickey:

The new system is going to make walk-ups nearly impossible.