PDA

View Full Version : What's the one thing you would love to see come back?

Poohluv85
01-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Watching a Walt Disney special from 1986 and really realized just how much I miss horizons. Also the old pleasure island. I know change is one of the things Walt always wanted, but some of the changes haven't been for the best. So what attraction, aspect, or never realised idea of past Disney do you wish they would bring back or re-create?

MickeysBestPal
01-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Regular FP.

1DisneyNut
01-21-2014, 03:44 PM
1) The days when you just went there on vacation without having to preplan your every move months in advance including dining.

2)The Adventurer's Club in Pleasure Island. It was very popular and I miss it big time. Kongaloosh!!

3)20,000 leagues under the sea submarine ride. I thought it was the coolest thing ever as a kid.

4)Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! For the life of me I can't figure out why they removed that ride. It was a classic.

cer
01-21-2014, 03:56 PM
I am not a hater of the new Main Street Starbucks, I just wish they would still have the Main Street Bakery offerings. There are things here I never got to try...the cinnamon rolls, the apple charlotte....

Also, The Adventurer's Club. I never got to go :( I guess I should be grateful that I don't know what I missed out on, but still...

I completely get the reason for the change, but rides in the front of the monorail. Never got to do this either. We were going to, but at the time there were 6 in our party and some of us would have to sit in the rear, so we passed on it. We did not know that was our last opportunity.

These are some off the top of my head. If I think of more, I will be sure to post.

Poohluv85
01-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Regular FP.

Agreed, although I've only used fp+ once and it was ok. I just hate having to use them all in the same park.

My biggest reason for missing PI is adventures club! Kungaloosh!!..never got to try one of those either :(

Mr toads was one of my favorites, I love Winnie the pooh of course lol, but I hate when they replace a classic. It seems pooh could've gone somewhere else..maybe replacing an attraction that wasn't such a staple of Disney. I love new and innovative ideas, that's one of the many reasons I love Disney, but the change really had to be amazing to be worth the loss of a classic attraction.

Katzateer
01-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Tapestry of Dreams parade at EPCOT :thumbsup::cloud9::mickey:

disney obsessed
01-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Sorry, I can't do just one.

1). Horizons
2). If you had wings
3). The original soundtrack on the TTA
4). True off season
5). No need to plan in advance for everything. It just goes against my personality.

Poohluv85
01-21-2014, 04:40 PM
Tapestry of Dreams parade at EPCOT :thumbsup::cloud9::mickey:

Oh my gosh yes!! I had totally forgotten about this parade until you just said that. There were so many wonderful things during that time in the parks, but Tapestry of Dreams was definitely my favorite. Just the music will bring tears to your eyes.

tiggerbuddy
01-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Horizons & Spaceship Earth w/ Jeremy Irons

sassafras
01-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Tapestry of Dreams Parade at Epcot. I loved that parade!!!

mickclub1955
01-21-2014, 04:58 PM

Loved this parade as well. I have the soundtrack and play it often. I miss Mr. Toad and wish they would have brought it back in the NFL. Possibly reimagineered, like a spiderman like 3d wild ride. That would have been awesome.

Terra
01-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Horizons & Spaceship Earth w/ Jeremy Irons

Yes & Yes!!!!!!

Johnno52
01-21-2014, 06:05 PM
For me its also the "Tapestry of Nations Parade". As there were 3 simultaneous parades we would stay close to the gates at the beginning of one and watch it again when one of the others exits into the same gate. I also have it video taped several times and bought the music CD which I listen to periodically.:number1:

Main Street Jim
01-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Oh my gosh yes!! I had totally forgotten about this parade until you just said that. There were so many wonderful things during that time in the parks, but Tapestry of Dreams was definitely my favorite. Just the music will bring tears to your eyes."Nations" was *much* better, in my opinion :)

I miss Mr. Toad and wish they would have brought it back in the NFL.Huh? "NFL"? *Duh*. "New Fantasyland".

Wish we coulda kept:

Mr. Toad
Grand Prix Raceway
Mission to Mars
Alien Encounter
Horizons
Original Journey Into Imagination with ImageWorks
World of Motion
Doug Live!
Monster Sound Show
The entire Backlot Tour
Skyway
Discovery River Boats
Beastly Kingdomme
Western River Expedition
WDWRR #2, the Lilly Belle
River Country
Ft. Wilderness Railroad
Skyleidoscope
Fantasy in the Sky
The original version of Main Street Electrical Parade (with the small world floats)
The Walter Cronkite Spaceship Earth, with "Tomorrow's Child"
The cab rides in the Monorail (someone else mentioned this...we were a "party of five" or more, so I'd take two of the three kids while my wife would take the other one and ride behind us...it's OK...they were on the same Monorail...:) )
The *spontaneity* of a trip to the Magic Kingdom (we used to visit four or five times a year on a day trip; never stayed on property...I'm talkin' mid-'70s to late '80s, before Studios and all the resorts...We're actually planning a September trip, and we're workin' on bein' confused...LOL...)

sorcerer fan
01-21-2014, 06:34 PM
world of motion

alien encounter

timekeeper

and tapestry parade,just loved the big drums

sorcerer fan
01-21-2014, 06:35 PM
world of motion

alien encounter

timekeeper

and tapestry parade,just loved the big drums

the foodtruck that went around the campgrounds

disney obsessed
01-21-2014, 09:40 PM
Oohh! The Timekeeper!

DizneyFreak2002
01-21-2014, 10:59 PM
One thing I miss?

A management team who actually cares about the parks and guests, a team who wants to give the guests new and exciting experiences instead of closing things down, removing entertainment, stripping things to the bare minimum and allowing the parks to stagnate... I miss a management team which allowed creativity to flow, instead of caring only about profits, bottom lines, executive bonuses, and Wall Street...

RedHead
01-22-2014, 06:54 AM
I miss the Original Main Street, when it had a variety of shops (magic shop, card shop, penny arcade, etc) and experiences, and wasn't one long Disney souvineer store full of repetitive items ovef and over again. ... :down:

MrPeetrie
01-22-2014, 09:35 AM
I miss the Original Main Street, when it had a variety of shops (magic shop, card shop, penny arcade, etc) and experiences, and wasn't one long Disney souvineer store full of repetitive items ovef and over again. ... :down:

Me, too!

I also miss:

Tapestry of Nations Parade
Fantasy in the Sky
Spectromagic Parade
Alien Encounter
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
Spaceship Earth w/Jeremy Irons
Not having to plan out every move weeks in advance

These will all be sorely missed.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2014, 09:45 AM
1. I loved Illuminations with James Earl Jones voicing it....

2. I liked the stars and motor cars parade at Hollywood Studios/MGM-to me there hasn't been a good parade there since then

3. The lighting over the walkway at Epcot during Christmas season

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Oh yeah forgot Alien Encounter:blush:

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
01-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Just answering with respect to park attractions / parades / nighttime shows (and in order of my preference).............

The original Journey Into Imagination
SpectroMagic
Tapestry of Dreams
Horizons
Mr. Toad
It has been suggested before, but I'll suggest it again - the next theme park should be a retro park. There are more than enough attractions to fill a retro park from day one. (Although, according to rumors, many attractions would have to be rebuilt from scratch - for instance, the rumor on these boards that the Spectro floats have been destroyed.) I cannot imagine Disney ever building a retro park. But it's fun to dream, isn't it?

SurferStitch
01-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Pleasure Island the way it USED to be... where you paid just to get in the main gate. We miss the Adventurer's Club so much!

Also the Lights of Winter in Epcot. Really miss those!

etibbetts
01-22-2014, 12:08 PM
I really miss the days when the barber shop quartet use to come out and sing. It use to happen frequently and now I've only seen it as a limited time magic. I'd love to see them bring back some of these little touches.

cer
01-22-2014, 12:14 PM
2. I liked the stars and motor cars parade at Hollywood Studios/MGM-to me there hasn't been a good parade there since then

I loved Stars and Motor Cars parade...

Good one!

MNNHFLTX
01-22-2014, 12:27 PM
SpectroMagic
Tapestry of Dreams
Horizons
Mr. Toad
This is pretty much my list too, especially Horizons and World of Motion too. This may sound blasphemous to some people, but I'm not a big fan of Test Track. :unsure:

DizneyFreak2002
01-22-2014, 12:37 PM
This is pretty much my list too, especially Horizons and World of Motion too. This may sound blasphemous to some people, but I'm not a big fan of Test Track. :unsure:

Not blasphemousat all... Tron Track really isn't all that good... I enjoyed the previous version much more, and that version wasn't all that great either...

joonyer
01-22-2014, 12:46 PM
I really miss" Cranium Command" at the Wonders of Life pavilion. I wish they would re-open it or move it to another location. It was was a really funny show. I also miss the original version of Main Street USA.

AndrewJackson
01-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Can't just list one...

Fort Wilderness Railroad
Horizons
O Canada original film
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

acetate
01-22-2014, 01:56 PM
An actual 2D animation studio where you could watch the artists drawing and creating the next new Disney film ! Used to be one in the Disney/MGM studios. Would love to see that come back.

minnie04
01-22-2014, 02:17 PM
As much as I liked the new Magic band & FP+ system on this last trip. I do really miss the days of just walking in the park, choosing a route and get on and off rides we loved to ride. I also miss the time when characters used to walk around the park and you could get pictures with them. ALL the characters. I miss the Fire station off the side of Main Street. And I guess to sum it all up I miss the “MAGIC” That Disney would give us when we walked in. It's hard to explain, but it never feels like it used to when the kids were small and we were so excited to get inside to see everything. Don't get me wrong. I love Disney and always will, but something is missing now and I just can't quit explain it :confused:

wdwaggie
01-22-2014, 02:33 PM

YES! Me too! Thought I had imagined that, but my first trip in 84 I bought everal gag tricks from the magic store. When I returned as a grown up (ok, just older, I will never grow up), it was like you said, one continual store to buy the same junk that was in the last ten stores, it's starting to remind me of the junk isles at the grocery checkout. The more **** they can throw at you the more you might buy.

Daisy'sMom
01-22-2014, 02:47 PM
One thing I miss?

A management team who actually cares about the parks and guests, a team who wants to give the guests new and exciting experiences instead of closing things down, removing entertainment, stripping things to the bare minimum and allowing the parks to stagnate... I miss a management team which allowed creativity to flow, instead of caring only about profits, bottom lines, executive bonuses, and Wall Street...

Ditto!

gmgdisneymom
01-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Mr. Toad's Wild ride. I refuse to go on the pooh ride.

Ian
01-23-2014, 09:52 AM
My top ten (in no particular order):

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Spontaneous character interations
The "real" Main Street USA
If You Had Wings
Waiting in lines (i.e. no Fastpass anything)
The Skyway
Superstar Television
Topiaries
Tapestry of Nations

RunDMV
01-23-2014, 09:54 AM
Breakfast at Tony's Town Square complete with the cinnamon bun appetizer and marinara sauce on your eggs/ omelet.

Gator
01-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Regular FP.

Yes!!!

I miss the Star and Motorcars Parade at DHS. They've yet to produce another parade that compares.

I also miss the Wonders of Life pavillion. Got to do that once back in 06. It was open for just a short spell, and we caught it. I thought it was very well done and wish it would come back.

The Dad
01-23-2014, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=minnie04;2396193]I also miss the time when characters used to walk around the park and you could get pictures with them. ALL the characters. And I guess to sum it all up I miss the “MAGIC” That Disney would give us when we walked in. It's hard to explain, but it never feels like it used to when the kids were small and we were so excited to get inside to see everything.
My sentiment exactly! Perhaps we are growing up despite our best efforts?
Among other things:
The lights of winter at Epcot. Big mistake to remove this.
Christmas Illuminations, narrated by Walter Cronkite.
The skyway and the little Swiss chalet that served as the loading area.....such ambiance!
The overall decline in the quality and especially the quantity of Christmas decorations in both the parks and resorts during the season.
B.

mydisneygirls
01-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Stay 4 nights, get 3 free!!!!

Terra
01-24-2014, 09:45 AM
1. I loved Illuminations with James Earl Jones voicing it....

3. The lighting over the walkway at Epcot during Christmas season

I would love to hear James Earl Jones do Spaceship Earth!

malip
01-24-2014, 09:53 AM
1. Definitely miss the old Pleasure Island. Loved the Adventurers club. I also really liked the comedy club and 8 tracks.
2. The old theater on Main Street. Great place to cool off on hot days. Also a great place to catch a nap when chaperoning Grad Night!
3. The skyway.
4. The real feeling of distinction between the different areas of the Magic Kingdom. You used to be able to tell that you had entered a "new land". Now it all seems to blend together. Not sure if it is the new attractions or the lack of getting into character by the cast members, but it just isn't the same!

SurferStitch
01-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Stay 4 nights, get 3 free!!!!

YES!!!!!

We definitely took advantage of that!!!

DisneyHoneymooners
01-24-2014, 03:34 PM
Spectromagic Parade:thumbsup:
Saw it for the first time on our Honeymoon and that my new wife was going to cry right there on Main street. It just seemed to capture all things Disney to us.

Prudence
01-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Horizons

Middle of the Map
01-24-2014, 11:42 PM

Best ever parade. I'll never forget it.

I also miss not having to plan every moment in the parks ahead of time.

I miss walking up to a restaurant I want to try and actually getting a seat that day.

I miss finding unique items in each of the parks instead of same truckload of junk you find everywhere.

Disney1977
01-26-2014, 01:46 PM
The Skyway and 12,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

ajwgroomer
01-26-2014, 02:13 PM
HORIZONS by far is my most missed ride!!!!

I also miss World of Motion, Mr. Toads wild ride, Snow Whites Scary Adventure and I also miss just booking your vacation and deciding what you are going to do/ eat when you get there....

ajwgroomer
01-26-2014, 02:14 PM
The Skyway and 12,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

I forgot about the Skyway!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-27-2014, 08:50 AM
I would love to hear James Earl Jones do Spaceship Earth!

He has the best voice!

joonyer
01-27-2014, 12:49 PM
I forgot about the Skyway!!!

Yeah I loved the Skyway, too, and being able to see an up close bird's-eye view of the park and the castle was great, which could spoil a little of the "magic" though. You could see a lot of the back stage areas, especially for it's a Small World and Haunted Mansion.
It was officially closed after a death to a ride worker in the station, but I don't think it will ever come back; too many idiots were throwing/dropping things and ruining the ride for the rest of us. Too much liability for Disney.

jclightchasr
01-30-2014, 10:13 AM
1. Horizons
2. SE with Jeremy Irons
3. They don't do monorail cab rides
anymore!!!???
4. Dream flight :cloud9:

5. Original Imagination with Dreamfinder and image works
6. Seabase alpha with hydrolators
7. Stack sandwiches

MNDisney Dad
02-02-2014, 01:47 AM
Another. vote for Tapestry of Dreams! Also, Kitchen Kabaret (sp).

big blue and hairy
02-02-2014, 10:26 AM
The animation studio at Hollywood Studios. It was my favorite part of the park. Other than Animation Academy, it is a complete skip for me now. :(

:sulley:

MNDisney Dad
02-10-2014, 03:51 PM
ME!!!!:number1:

Terra
02-10-2014, 07:49 PM
He has the best voice!

Seriously right!!
I can envision his voice in quite a few things at Disney!

azcavalier
02-11-2014, 09:22 AM
1. The Ham and Broccoli Slaw sandwich at Columbia Harbour House. Loved that sandwich, and it just disappeared.

2. Yep, those winter lights at Epcot.

AdventurerKim
02-11-2014, 02:57 PM
I want the following back:

1. Adventurers Club
2. Comedy Warehouse
3. The original Imagination ride
4. World of Motion
5. Horizons
6. Skyway
7. Christmas lights on walkway at Epcot
8. Cranium Command
9. Kitchen Kabaret

RavsRuleDisney!
02-12-2014, 03:08 PM
The little band that used to pop up onto the stage in MK - I think where Cosmic Rays is now....

The Magic Shop on Main St....

Mickey Dollars....

A 'functioning' Shooting Arcade.... ;)

Ian
02-13-2014, 10:38 AM
One I forgot to mention ... the arcade at the Contemporary! That place was amazing!

Giggy
02-16-2014, 07:50 AM
My main one would be the Wonders of Life Pavillion. In a lot of cases when something has gone away it has been so something new could take its place whereas in this case it just seemed to disappear.

Granted I may be slightly biased as a trainee doctor that things about how the body works and health are fascinating. :secret:

StuckinOz
02-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Never got to experience Horizons, but I think I would have loved that.

Also miss the hydrolators, those were cool!

yankeesfan123
02-16-2014, 04:25 PM
I miss the chicken strips/fingers/tenders.

I don't mind the nuggets, but I preferred the bigger pieces.