PDA

View Full Version : Question on new fast pass system

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Not trying to circumvent any rules or anything, but I'm just now getting up to speed on the new fast pass systems and the magic bands.

We almost always stay on property so my understanding is that if we do so again, hopefully December of this year, we will be allowed to book, up to 60 days in advance, up to 3 FP for one park only in one day.

If you don't stay on property, you have to find a fp+ kiosk the day of in your park and then book FP in that manner, by using a card that is given to you?

Here is my question, can you have a Magic Band and still request this card when you enter the park.

I didn't think of this at first, but does Disney require you to show your park ticket before giving you a day of card? I guess this would make sense, if they ask for it and all you have is a Magic Band they would say no, you can't have one.

I have a feeling I already know the answer, but I'm guessing there is no way to increase your allotment of fast passes on any one given day?

Our family for one definitely tries to maximize use of the FP system, and I'm sure we generally get more than 3 on an average day, so I'm not overly encouraged by the news.

My speculation, once this is rolled out and perfected, wouldn't surprise me then for Disney to build tiers within the Magic Band system, allowing you to pay for more benefits. The 3FP will become the base free benefit and then you can pay to add on. I'd totally hate and be against it, but I bet its coming.:ack:

Another thing I hate, this takes away that :magic: moment when you walk up to a family having a bad moment and say "here you go, we don't plan on using these" and making their day.

PopPhan
01-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Any new cards, if they would even give them out if you already had a MagicBand, would be RFID enabled and linked to your account. Therefore, if you had already selected your park and 3 FP+ options, you would not be allowed any more selections. However, you could change your selections to another park, - if you had not used one of your original selections, or the time window had not opened on a selection, - or change attraction or time on your previously selected FP+ options if the window had not opened or you had not already used a FP+ selection for that attraction previously on that day.

Strmchsr
01-21-2014, 02:32 PM
You are correct in your assumption that there is no longer a way to get more than the 3 FP in a day. One of the many, many things I loathe about the new system.

joonyer
01-21-2014, 03:01 PM
And I believe that you are also correct about a pay-to-play tiered system being on the horizon. Maybe not this year, or even next. But eventually, you can bet on it. There's simply too much potential revenue not being collected. I think it'll either be a purchase system for extra FPs or an increased benefit depending on the nature of your resort (incentive to buy more expensive lodging). Or some combination of both.

PirateLover
01-21-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm not sure I follow. There is no additional card given to you at the Kiosk. Off-site guests making day-of reservations have their FastPasses linked to their park ticket, just like on-site guests' are linked to the Magic Band. All park tickets must be RFID enabled now. If you have an old ticket, you have to exchange it.

WDWdriver
01-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Here is my question, can you have a Magic Band and still request this card when you enter the park.

The "card" you are referring to is your park admission card. All admissions are now by RFID enabled plastic cards or wristbands. That is what you get when you buy an admission "ticket" at the park entrance. If you are holding older paper tickets, you will have to exchange them for the new admission card.

So, to answer your question - no, you cannot get a second park admission card if you already have a wristband. I suppose you could pay for a second admission in order to get the three additional FPs, but that would not be very practical.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-22-2014, 01:53 PM
The "card" you are referring to is your park admission card. All admissions are now by RFID enabled plastic cards or wristbands. That is what you get when you buy an admission "ticket" at the park entrance. If you are holding older paper tickets, you will have to exchange them for the new admission card.

So, to answer your question - no, you cannot get a second park admission card if you already have a wristband. I suppose you could pay for a second admission in order to get the three additional FPs, but that would not be very practical.

Thanks, that makes more sense. I thought I had read that non-resort guests had to make an exchange for a FP+ card, I didn't realize that it was a reference to older paper tickets so was confused.

So Disney does have it locked down.