PDA

View Full Version : Itinerary Suggestions

DDawg1968
01-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Well I have just decided to add an extra "park" day to our (me and my DD14, DS12 and DS9) up coming trip. We are staying onsite at POP and have hopper passes. We normally go for 5 days and do MK on our first and last day and the other three parks on the other days. For this upcoming trip we are planning on doing:

Sunday: Arrive about 2-3PM, DWNTN Disney for shopping/fun and dinner Raglan Road 8PM
Monday: MK
Tuesday: EPCOT
Wednesday: AK and dinner Wispering Canyon 8PM
Thursday: Studios
Friday: MK

The park day I would add would be Sunday (and keep my Raglan Road dinner ressie) since I decided to just drive straight thru to Orlando on the Saturday and stay offsite the first night somewhere cheap. We have our FastPass+ selections already for our 5 days and do not want to change our dinner plans. So here is the question, we can do AK in half a day (which is why we have dinner at Whispering Canyons that night) and my kids are getting older so I think more time in EPCOT WS would be worth the effort for them - do we use the extra day for EPCOT on Sunday or Wednesday?

Sunday: Arrive about 9-10AM, EPCOT dinner Raglan Road 8PM
Wednesday: AK, DWNTN Disney for shopping/fun and dinner Wispering Canyon 8PM

OR

Sunday: Arrive about 9-10AM, AK, DWNTN Disney for shopping/fun and dinner at Raglan Road 8PM
Wednesday: EPCOT and dinner Wispering Canyon 8PM

My concern is the back to back days at one park, but to me EPCOT is two parks. I would rather not have to move the other park days since we have our fastpass+ set already.

or am I just overthinking again?

Katzateer
01-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Do you ever do non- park days? We love to just take boats, buses, monorails and resort hop. Lots to see and do even though you aren't staying at a resort it is fun to check them out.

You can see the animals at AK lodge, listen to the band or piano player at GF or sit on the beach at Poly and listen to train and boat whistles and sometimes you can hear different attractions at MK. Nice to relax away from parks.

Our trip in December we went to French Quarter- enjoyed the lobby and we got some baguettes ( they make them fresh to order :cloud9:) and then took boat to Downtown Disney. I enjoyed seeing the treehouses and DTD from a different angle.

DDawg1968
01-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Thanks for your reply, we dont get to go as often as we used to so we want to spend as many days in the parks as we can, actually the extra day is a surprise for the kids, I wont tell them until we ge there. Oh and Katzateer I hope this is taken the right way, I am from the New Orleans area and its beignets, not baguettes, and I cant get enought of them LOL.:cool:

Katzateer
01-20-2014, 04:47 PM
Thanks for your reply, we dont get to go as often as we used to so we want to spend as many days in the parks as we can, actually the extra day is a surprise for the kids, I wont tell them until we ge there. Oh and Katzateer I hope this is taken the right way, I am from the New Orleans area and its beignets, not baguettes, and I cant get enought of them LOL.:cool:

Lol, you are right! Got the wrong bread group!! :blush: First time I had them and they were great. Whatever you decide to do have fun!

Sylvia
01-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Looks like I'll have to schedule a trip to POFQ for some beignets; of course, just for research. :D I first tasted beignets at Café du Monde in New Orleans; I'm curious to see how Disney's version compares to the real thing.

I don't think you should worry about back-to-back days at EPCOT. I agree that EPCOT is a 2-day park. Your itinerary with 2 full days for EPCOT looks good to me.

Have fun.

mickclub1955
01-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Looks like I'll have to schedule a trip to POFQ for some beignets; of course, just for research. :D I first tasted beignets at Café du Monde in New Orleans; I'm curious to see how Disney's version compares to the real thing.

I don't think you should worry about back-to-back days at EPCOT. I agree that EPCOT is a 2-day park. Your itinerary with 2 full days for EPCOT looks good to me.

Have fun.
As someone who lives close to New Orleans I can tell you that they actually taste the same!! But, you still need to do your research to verify that.;)

Sylvia
01-20-2014, 06:30 PM
As someone who lives close to New Orleans I can tell you that they actually taste the same!! But, you still need to do your research to verify that.;)

Good to know, but I will still do my own research. :blush:

Thanks.

Janmac
01-21-2014, 11:07 AM
We usually do Epcot every day, even when we have had toddlers in the group, so yeah, two Epcot days back to back would be great.

There are lots of things to do here. Do some searches for Epcot to see if the World Showcase Adventure would be a good fit for your kids. We plan to do this every trip but so far have wound up doing other things.

Jan

joonyer
01-21-2014, 11:14 AM
We always have had hoppers (which you do) so we have found that we usually enjoy going to more than one park per day. If you go to the same park as the day before, you can always change up after lunch, or dinner, if one of the parks is open really late. We usually hit the open-late park after dinner, because we love the parks after dark! With park-hoppers you can be very flexible and play it by ear, so to speak.