PDA

View Full Version : We have FP+ but day visitor will have AP

Briansmom
01-19-2014, 10:05 PM
So, I am trying very hard to understand this new FP+ system (along with the new DAS) which equals overload for my feeble brain at this point. :confused:

My questions are below (or at least the ones I have right now...baby steps...baby steps):

1. I have read you get 3 FP+ per person per day. Does that only mean you can use 3 FP+ per day total or you can only have 3 out at a time?

2. Our daughter now lives nearby and has an AP and will be coming to the park with us a few days throughout our stay. How will we all be able to have FP+ at the same time if she is not staying at the resort with us?

Thanks!

Pirate Granny
01-19-2014, 11:50 PM
Only 3 a day at one park only. If you are under room limit numbers, but her on your reservation and you can make them together. If not, she'll have to wait until the day in the park and hope to get times close to your FP+ or change everyone's to match once you are there.

Kenny1113
01-20-2014, 07:23 AM
This was our frustration with FP+. Hitting the theme parks with people who are not on your reservation....

VWL Mom
01-20-2014, 08:12 AM
As of right now AP holders can't use FP+ without a resort stay but it is in the works. Once she has any resort stay (even one night) she'll get her magic band and be in the system an will be free to make FP+. I've read of some locals booking one night at a value just to secure the band and unlocking the FP+.

In the meantime she should set up a MDE account and link her AP to it.

She can then invite you as a friend. Once you accept her invitation your accounts will be in sync. I'm wondering if at this point you would be able to add her to your FP+, it might be worth a try.

If not once AP holders are notified you should be able to make her plans with you on your account.

Terra
01-20-2014, 09:04 AM
I think I'm going to do this! Stay one night to get the bands and open FP+ so my boys and I have it until they roll out the Florida AP bands.
Which honestly, I really think they should take care of their Florida AP holders first. I bring them lots of business :blush: