PDA

View Full Version : I'm torn between CBR and AoA????

ajwgroomer
01-19-2014, 05:49 PM
There was no doubt in my mind I wanted to stay at CBR until I saw they had family suites at the AoA. I've stayed at CBR numerous times and I love it but it is quite small... whereas AoA suites look VERY specious and I also see there's a microwave in the rooms. I can't for the life of me remember if there are microwaves in the CBR rooms tho. A plus is CBR has more restaurants on property AND our favorite aspect is the pool side bar. Can't beat that! Not to mention the views of Epcot are outstanding. Considering we will not be spending too much time in our room I'm thinking just go with CBR but yet I just don't know. Also AoA is more expensive so there's that too. Which resort would you pick and why? Also which building would you stay in?
Thank you!!!

Heather_
01-19-2014, 11:05 PM
I love CBR and have stayed there twice. I've never stayed at AoA, only walked through while we were staying at POP. It looked very cute. Have you stayed at a value resort before? It's true you don't spend much time in your room but the atmosphere at a value resort is so different. If you love enjoying time on the grounds and at the pool bar you may find it less relaxing at AoA. I guess it would depend on how many in my party and the time of year we were visiting. There are pros and cons to both. CBR doesn't have microwaves in room which is convenient especially if traveling with little ones. If I had 5+ I would probably lean towards the suite but if I had 4 or less I'd stick with CBR. I don't love that all the values have one bus stop, so if I was traveling at peak time I would try to avoid staying there.

BJSforVols
01-20-2014, 02:58 PM
I don't love that all the values have one bus stop, so if I was traveling at peak time I would try to avoid staying there.

We are cinsidering a choice which is very similar to this. (Our slight difference is POR rather than CBR due to being a family of 5.)

ANyway, I thought I had read that AofA did not share a bus with any other resort. Has this recently changed or something?

Heather_
01-20-2014, 03:26 PM
ANyway, I thought I had read that AofA did not share a bus with any other resort. Has this recently changed or something?

I was referring to there being just one bus stop at each value as opposed to having multiple pick up and drop off locations like the moderate resorts. I don't believe AoA has pickups at other resorts. I've only stayed at POP once and the biggest difference for me was the transportation. Maybe it's just me, but I found buses to be much more crowded and felt like we spent a lot of time waiting in line for transportation at both the hotel and at the parks.

Katzateer
01-20-2014, 03:57 PM
The AOA suites are very nice. And the buses aren't shared with any other resort.

If you like to eat in your room plenty of room. the little kitchen area is nice. I liked the 2 bathrooms.

And the size of suite and decor doesn't feel like a value resort. Of course, I don't think the price is in a value resort range either.

If I was going to choose between a moderate and a suite at AOA - I think AOA would be my choice. I love the inside hallways also.

ajwgroomer
01-20-2014, 08:49 PM
I've never stayed at a value. I've stayed at Poly, CBR, WL, AKL and BLT. My mom stayed in the little mermaid room at AoA last year and she liked it. Even though more room space sounds sooooo nice I think we'll be staying at CBR. We'll only be eating in the room for breakfast and we can do cereal and stuff like that or we can swing by the mc donalds and get breakfast there so really the microwave isn't a necessary thing. My sister suggested PORS and that's a really nice place too! IDK!! lol There are sooo many choices:confused: