PDA

View Full Version : FP+ Only @ MK

Ms. Mode
01-17-2014, 08:53 AM
Just wondering if anyone has been to MK since they went onto FP+ only. Any word on how the lines to rides have been moving?

AndrewJackson
01-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Touring plans posted that the standby times were consistent with their predictions and that FP+ seemed to have no impact.

Cheshire_Girl
01-21-2014, 02:17 PM
I haven't been up to the parks since before christmas-and It looks likes I've missed something.
So If I am understanding this correctly, there are no more "old school" fast passes at MK ? You can only "schedule" them on the kiosk if you are an AP??

Wow...

DizneyFreak2002
01-21-2014, 02:24 PM
I haven't been up to the parks since before christmas-and It looks likes I've missed something.
So If I am understanding this correctly, there are no more "old school" fast passes at MK ? You can only "schedule" them on the kiosk if you are an AP??

Wow...

If you are an AP without a hotel reservation, then you can only make FP selections at the kiosks... If you have a resort reservation, you can link your AP to MDE and should be able to book FP+... Some APers are having no issues linking their passes, some are saying they are still having difficulty... If you have difficulty, call tech and they will assist you...

PirateLover
01-21-2014, 02:28 PM
I just typed up a long essay about our experience with FP+ during our stay, so might as well post the MK portion here. Yes, there are no more old school FastPass machines.

We happened to be in the Magic Kingdom on January 14, the day FastPass+ went live. On this day, you would have to be blind to miss a FastPass+ Cast member or kiosk locale, as they were swarming everywhere, along with plenty of Disney “suits.” We were approached multiple times and asked whether or not we had been able to make our selections for the day. There were no obvious issues from what we could tell, but the park was practically empty. Case in point: we had a private ride on Dumbo the Flying Elephant about 20 minutes after park opening. We chose Big Thunder, Peter Pan, and Space Mountain as our FastPasses (Splash Mountain was closed for refurbishment). I’m very glad that we did choose those rides, because again everything else was a walk on. This leads me another point- Don’t trust Disney’s posted wait times. They were wrong more often than not. One time we got in line for Pirates of The Caribbean with a posted 45 minute wait-it took 10 minutes to get loaded onto the boat. Under The Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid was always posted at 20-25, but was a walk on both times we rode it.
Because of the low crowds, we got to ride everything we wanted to and most things multiple times, but I'll be interested to see how it pans out during more crowded days.

AgentC
01-21-2014, 03:11 PM
I had a friend this past Saturday (1/18). They were on Florida 3 Day Passes and reserved their FP+ sometime before noon. He emailed me to day to told me he really liked the system and had a good time at MK.

Mattr05
01-25-2014, 03:47 PM
I was just there and did a post about the Fastpass+ lines with pictures.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=2396822#post2396822