PDA

View Full Version : Specific Room Request

zipadeedoodah
01-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Our trip is 16 days away (ahhhhh too excited to sleep already!) I have a question about room requests. I know that its fairly normal to make a request such as a specific bldg, or 3rd floor, etc. However, is it possible to request a specific ROOM? For instance, there is a room at the French Quarter that we just absolutlely love the view right outside the door. We have already paid for a King bed room and this does happen to be a king bed room, as well. Is it bad form to try to request a specific room? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks pals! :mickey:

Davy Crockett
01-15-2014, 03:13 PM
zipadeedoodah,
It's not in bad form at all! For the money it costs to stay at Disney (regardless of resort level) it is in your full right to ask for anything (within reason) that you think will make your stay more memorable. We do it every trip and 90+% of the time get the room we've requested. Being that Disney is so secretive with actual room numbers it is unusual when they see someone requesting it specifically.

What we do is call Disney about a month out to make sure our request is in the notes. At between 8 to 10 days before your arrival Disney transfers your information to your resort, before that it is housed at an offsite reservation system location. If you can arrive early the morning of your check-in and even though there is a good chance your room will not be ready you can "check-in" and have the Cast Member check your notes and see if that room is unoccupied and available. ALWAYS have a back up room if possible or at least a specific location such as the same floor / wing or compound as the room you wish to stay in.

Best of luck and try to get some sleep!!! :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
01-15-2014, 03:23 PM
:ditto: It's not a problem to request, and they'll honor it if they can, just don't get your hopes set on it. You would have to be fortunate enough to have that specific room actually available on the day you arrive.

zipadeedoodah
01-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the info! I just called and made the room request! *fingers crossed* :mickey:

Davy Crockett
01-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the info! I just called and made the room request! *fingers crossed* :mickey:

GOOD LUCK and if possible post when you get there and let us know if you were successful in you endeavor!

#1donaldfan
01-17-2014, 12:36 PM
You can always request.....bad form comes when you check in and get mad when they cannot honor it. Requests are just that, requests, never guarantees !! I hope you get the room you want. :thumbsup:

Sylvia
01-20-2014, 06:22 PM
Anything is possible. Just believe. Here is what happened for me -

We took a family trip in 2001 and stayed at our favorite resort, CBR, in Aruba. Mom and I were in one room and the rest of the family was in a room close by. We had a great time and Mom really enjoyed herself.

Little did we know that in just a few months, we'd lose Mom. WDW has always been my go-to place to relax and recover from unexpected situations. So, I decided that I would plan a solo
14-night trip and I requested the same room Mom and I occupied. Knowing that requests are never guaranteed, I hoped that my request to have the same room would be honored; but, realistically, I also decided that I'd be satisfied with a room close to it, if possible.

When I arrived at CBR, I wondered what would happen. When the CM checking me in told me my room number, I had a look of shock on my face. She asked if anything was wrong, and I explained the story to her. What was so amazing is the fact that I was assigned to the room without any action on her part. To this day, I still can't believe I was so fortunate. I can only believe that if something is important, it will happen.

I hope you are as fortunate.