PDA

View Full Version : Missed FastPass+ Opportunities?!

MrPeetrie
01-15-2014, 09:23 AM
I'm just trying to think through our first trip (not for another eight months) with the new FastPass+ and My Disney Experience programs employed. I'm not sure if I'm excited or nervous, but I am sure that I'm unsure of what to expect.

Suppose I have already made my three FastPass+ selections for my park. We have small children and sometimes things arise unexpectedly. What happens if I have a 10:00 - 11:00 window for a ride, but I realize at 10:30 that we won't make it. Can I reschedule it after its window has already started? Will my bracelet "know" I haven't used it and allow me to use my phone (or kiosk) to make a third reservation? Or do we just miss out?

It's not a pressing question, but I'm just curious because if we make reservation times early in the morning, there's a chance we won't make them. (If you have kids, then you know what I'm talking about.)

Thanks!!!

mickclub1955
01-15-2014, 09:40 AM
When we were at Epcot we had a situation where we went to our FP+ and there was not a wait. (I didn't use the fp). My Ipod told me there was nothing else available. I went to the kiosk and it was right after the time expired and the castmember was trying to help me find another FP time. He couldn't find anything available at first but then remembered something and tried to manipulate the system. I wish I knew what he did. So yes you can change if there is anything available. I didn't choose any of the new selections because they were attractions that didn't need FP (just like the ride I chose 60 days before so I wasted a FP). The system does know if you use or don't use your FP.

MickeysBestPal
01-15-2014, 09:51 AM
1- Can I reschedule it after its window has already started?

2- Will my bracelet "know" I haven't used it and allow me to use my phone (or kiosk) to make a third reservation?

3- Or do we just miss out?

1- Yes.
(Assuming that there are other FP+ reservations available that day.)

2- The MagicBand**, itself, does not "know" or "not know" anything. The band is just a "connection key" to your MyDisneyExperience account info.
But, yes, the "system" will know if you do or do not use a FP+.

3- You can schedule another FP+ for later (same or different attraction) assuming that there are other FP+ reservations available that day.

--------

**Just to keep things as clear as possible-

There is no reservation info, or ticket info, or credit card info,
or FP+ info "put onto" a MagicBand.

The MagicBands just contain a unique serial number that is used
to access the information that is stored in your MyDisneyExperience computer file.

So, even if you were to lose a MagicBand, the info stays locked in your file.
Disney can just set up a new band (different serial number)
to access the info in your MDE file.

The MagicBand works like the combination to a locked safe, a key to a locked door.

The MB, itself, is not the file of info or the container of the info.
The MB just unlocks the file of info to be read, when needed.