PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Tables in Wonderland

mickclub1955
01-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Didn't know whether to post it here or in the news forum. Please move if it is in the wrong place.

Some significant changes are coming to 'Tables in Wonderland,' including an increase in blackout dates for some restaurants, changes to the credit card policy, and removal of Victoria and Albert's. Tables in Wonderland gives guests a 20% discount on over 100 restaurants at Walt Disney World.

Beginning August 1st 2014, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey’s, ‘Ohana (Dinner Only), Cinderella’s Royal Table, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, and Le Cellier Steakhouse will be subject to the additional blockout weeks of: November 23-29, 2014; December 21-27, 2014; March 8-April 4, 2015; May 31-June 20, 2015. This is in addition to the regular blackout dates of Mother’s Day, Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

Beginning August 1 2014, Victoria and Albert's will no longer participate in Tables in Wonderland.

Credit Cards used for payment must match the name on the Tables in Wonderland card and the state identification.

KylesMom
01-14-2014, 12:05 PM
I really find this crazy that they are adding "blackout dates" for these restaurants in addition to the holidays which were previously unavailable for discounts. Our savings at Chef Mickey's, LeCellier and Ohana totaled over $110 during the course of our last trip in the summer. Since many of these changes purportedly take place in 2015, I wonder what other changes will be made to membership before then?

SurferStitch
01-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Taking away V&A???

I'm not surprised, but VERY disappointed. That saved us about $100 or more (usually more).

And more blackout dates.... but the card is more expensive than ever... Thanks. :mad:

Janmac
01-14-2014, 12:59 PM
Most of the black out dates are self-explanatory except: May 31-June 20, 2015.

What's up with these dates? :confused:

Jan

DizneyRox
01-14-2014, 01:27 PM
I wonder what other changes will be made to membership before then?
You can almost guarantee that the price for the card will go up...

AgentC
01-14-2014, 01:38 PM
I really find this crazy that they are adding "blackout dates" for these restaurants in addition to the holidays which were previously unavailable for discounts. Our savings at Chef Mickey's, LeCellier and Ohana totaled over $110 during the course of our last trip in the summer. Since many of these changes purportedly take place in 2015, I wonder what other changes will be made to membership before then?

These changes were actually announced last summer shortly after last year's price increase. We discussed them way back in August 2013 but discussion is a good reminder now that the changes are getting closer.

Here is the link to our discussion last August for anyone who is interested.

Tables in Wonderland Changes for 2014 (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=200617&highlight=wonderland)

It doesn't look like anything had changed since it was originally announced but that doesn't mean it could not change again this year.

And I agree on the May to June dates. It does seem like a very strange time to black out.