PDA

View Full Version : Glow with the Show Ears

Tick-Tock
01-12-2014, 03:58 PM
My DH is looking forward to getting some Glow with the Show Ears on our next Disneyland visit. Apparently the Ears also light up for things other than the World of Color show -- the official site mentions "Select Cars Land Locations," such as Luigi's. Does anyone have any suggestions of places not to miss with the Glow with the Show Ears?

2Epcot
01-21-2014, 11:01 PM
I've posted my opinion of these ears before, but I'll give you my opinion. The concept is great, the technology is great, but in the "real world" they don't work. For World of Color, only a handful of people have them, and they are scattered throughout the viewing area. To really get the true effect the Imagineers intended you need a crowd full of people wearing them. At $25 a piece, that will never happen.

If you want to have some cool Mickey ears that light up, then I would get them, but don't expect too much on seeing how they work for things like World of Color, Fantasmic, Fireworks, and wherever else they are supposed to work, you'll probably be disappointed.

If Disney sold these for $10 or $15 bucks (not sure how that compares to the regular ears, since I don't buy those) I think the shows that use them would look amazing. It is really cool when a sea of people have them, but the last time I saw that, Disney was giving them away to promote them.

Quadstriker
01-22-2014, 04:30 PM
The only time I've seen them as more than an eyeroll was when they had a dedicated viewing area for people with GWTS ears for night fireworks. That got us to buy a couple pairs. Now that was neat seeing a large group of people together with them and actually enhanced the show. That's the only way these work. Lots of people together with them.

On the whole on a regular basis given their current implementation, they're a pass.

Tick-Tock
01-22-2014, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I don't really care about them, but I think DH is going to want them no matter what. It's good to have low expectations.

Nekochan
02-21-2014, 11:07 AM
I was recently at Disneyworld, and I understand that the ears work with Fantasmic and the osborne lights at hollywood studios, the night time parade and wishes at MK. Didn't hear anything about the other parks

DisnIse
04-07-2014, 11:06 AM
We bought them at WDW this New Years because I was caught up in the hype from YouTube. Very few people had them, so it was kind of a bummer AND I felt conspicuous at Fantasmic that they were distracting to people around us.
We're going to DL in June and we're packing them (because we paid for them, darn it!), so we'll see....

I think I liked Pal Mickey's use of the technology better than the ears!

:)

Gator
04-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Seems like they only time they're worth anything is when DL has an Annual Passholder event. Like when they did the Frozen WOC. I watched from the side as their hats were really going off. It seems the APs are the ones who buy it and use it the most.