PDA

View Full Version : FP+ with offsite stay?

HollyB
01-12-2014, 02:10 PM
I've been reading up on the new FP+ system. I get that legacy FP is out. And if we were staying onsite, I think I would have this figured out, but we're just making a day trip at the end of March. So we are not staying onsite and we will be buying our tickets the morning of.

Here's where I get :confused:. Some places seem to indicate if you are not staying onsite, you can't use FP+ at all. Other places imply that if you are not onsite, you just can't book your three FP+ rides in advance. And still others say that by not being able to book in advance, you may as well skip FP+ even if you can use the kiosk because all the good stuff will be gone.

So, if we are visiting MK, but staying offsite. Can we use FP+? If so, where are the new kiosks? Should I allow extra time for coping with this? (And can one person get the FP+ for the whole group?) Is it worth the hassle?

I was figuring we'd pick a non-early opening morning since we can't use that perk, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for clarifying if you can. I gather the system still has lots of kinks!

faline
01-12-2014, 03:27 PM
My understanding is that off-site guests can use same day fastpass+ reservations. I'm guessing additional kiosks will be added as the old fastpass machines are phased out. We saw a few kiosks around during our December trip but they seemed to be in out of the way areas and not necessarily easy to find. I'm sure they will be better publicized as they figure out where they will be located.

Availability of same day fastpass+ to the more popular rides is currently unknown. During the testing phase, some folks reported that same day fastpass+ return times were late in the day even when making reservations in the morning. I'm not sure if this will even out (or be adjusted by Disney) moving forward.

I also don't know if you can made fastpass+ reservations for your entire party as you can through the My Disney Experience ap (available if you are linked to all members of your party, all members have on-site reservations, and all members have valid park tickets linked to the system).

MickeysBestPal
01-12-2014, 03:43 PM
As of now, only MK and DAK offer ALL GUESTS FP+.

Off-site guests can get 3 (SAME-DAY only) FP+ choices at those two parks.
(Only one park per day, however.)

The other two parks still offer limited "regular FP,"
but that should end soon as DHS and Epcot will be making the change-over that DAK did last month and MK is doing this week.