PDA

View Full Version : Registration tips for Run Disney events notorious for selling out?

Awesome_guy
01-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Intercot!

I am determined to register for the Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare :dumbo: (10k/half) Challenge this year, late August. The social media madness for the WDW Marathon Weekend over in Florida has things especially on my mind.

I have a reminder in my phone for registration day (both day of, and day before!) in a few short weeks. I see that events tend to open at 12:00 noon EST so that's 10:00 a.m. MST. Reports last year report that the event sold out in 2h (some even say less than an hour). Do I even have a hope??

I'm resigned to the fact that this just might not be possible? Is that too pessimistic? It seems so much can go wrong!

As a Canadian, I couldn't even get a Disney Visa even if I wanted one. AP doesn't make sense either from all the way up here. Sounds like there were now pre-registration tents at other Run Disney events. So my pre-registration options are exhausted (and I'm kind of glad, that one option seems to have been discontinued, so I won't be behind).

What can I do? Just log-in and hope for the best at the right time registration day?

I think I know my own answer here. Fingers crossed! Any tips are appreciated!

DizneyRox
01-12-2014, 08:10 AM
They do sell out fast, anything and everything you can do to increase your chances if you really want to go. Make sure you are correct with the start time for registration (is it PST, EST, daylight savings time?), etc. I'd take the day off from work if its middle of the day start time...

I'd try to sign up a couple hours before start time, then an hour, etc.

d_m_n_n
01-12-2014, 10:17 AM
I believe some charities have spots for runners. It may require fundraising on your part, but it's a way in :mickey:

clausjo
01-13-2014, 12:44 PM
I just sent you a PM with a link that I heard about in a Disney running blog.

badkitty
01-13-2014, 12:57 PM
They aren't doing the massive pre-reg this year so more spots should be available.

Lacy
01-15-2014, 09:12 PM
badkitty - so does that mean I will not be able to sign up at the Tink Half? I was really hoping to preregister this weekend!

Melanie
01-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Correct, Lacy. Last year there was pre-registration at both the WDW Marathon weekend and Tink weekend. This year they aren't doing it. Although we took advantage of it last year for my hubby to run the Dumbo Double Dare, I do think it gives a more fair advantage to everyone.

Awesome_guy, just be ready to go when registration opens, like you said. This is an unprecedented thing since there was pre-registration last year, so no one can be sure how quickly it will sell out. Best of luck!