PDA

View Full Version : Epcot dining pass?????

jiifigment
01-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Hi all,

I know years ago it was possible to enter EPCOT for just a meal and not have to buy a park pass. If I remember correctly, you had so many hours to return to a booth or they would charge your credit card for a park pass. Does that still exist, or is it a thing of the past????

Thanks. We have friends that want us to meet them for lunch, but we hadn't planned on being in the park that day.

Strmchsr
01-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Definitely not an option that exists any longer. You can eat at DTD without a pass, though.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-09-2014, 09:48 PM
There are also a number of resort restaurants that are quite good. Being close to Epcot, the Boardwalk is most definitely an option - you don't need a park pass, and it is close to Epcot for them.

#1donaldfan
01-10-2014, 12:05 PM
No, I don't think so. I've not heard of that option.

ILoveLegos
01-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Many years ago (in the 90's) this was an option aimed at Florida Locals. I'm a "snow bird" with lots of Floridian friends who used this option to "eat out" at Epcot with friends after work. If I recall, in addition to the time restriction, it was for after four p.m. I believe it was a type of pass that you could purchase (fairly cheap). Sadly it has gone the way of the doo-doo bird (extinct). Now my friends and I dine in other locales where Floridian locals are a bit more "welcome" let's say; i.e. where spontaneous dining is an option. :blush:

Strmchsr
01-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Sadly it has gone the way of the doo-doo bird (extinct).

Actually, the Florida resident Epcot after 4 pm annual pass does still exist. It's $185 per year. But, it's only available in that annual pass format and only for Florida residents.

ILoveLegos
01-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Actually, the Florida resident Epcot after 4 pm annual pass does still exist. It's $185 per year. But, it's only available in that annual pass format and only for Florida residents.

Interesting & glad to know that! I maybe my friends & I will start going to "Epcot for dinner" only again, for "old time sake" ... :mickey:

I think it would nice occasionally at least! :cloud9: I haven't been to Disney World in 28 months due to work-related travel and family illnesses. Now all I have to do is ... convince my Floridian friends ... ;)

Strmchsr
01-13-2014, 02:26 PM
I'm not sure if you'd be able to get the FL resident pass as a snowbird or not. As a pastor here on the Emerald Coast in the FL panhandle we have a ton of snowbirds, but they keep their permanent residency elsewhere. WDW has gotten REALLY strict on the FL Resident pass due to much abuse. You have to prove permanent residency here to be able to get it now. But, maybe they allow it for snowbirds. I really don't know.

ILoveLegos
01-13-2014, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure if you'd be able to get the FL resident pass as a snowbird or not. As a pastor here on the Emerald Coast in the FL panhandle we have a ton of snowbirds, but they keep their permanent residency elsewhere. WDW has gotten REALLY strict on the FL Resident pass due to much abuse. You have to prove permanent residency here to be able to get it now. But, maybe they allow it for snowbirds. I really don't know.

No, I wasn't going to get the after 4 pass for myself (I've never been qualified for one of those). My friends & family whom I "hang out" with in Florida are true Florida residents. I happen to know that they have not exercised their option to renew their Florida Residents Annual passes (or Epcot after 4:00 pm passes) for a really long time. They just kind of got tired of the routine, I guess. Your response to my post simply got me thinking that maybe now is a good time for us to "start-up" the tradition again.

As far as it goes for me, I'm a snow bird because my job is not location specific and I like warm weather in the winter (but dislike the heat and humidity of July & August in Florida). So for about 3 months of the year I stay in my secondary residence in Florida. However, I know for a fact that this does not qualify me for legal Florida residence status (I'd have to surrender my Jersey drivers license for that). I plan to wait until my retirement (or when I decide that New Jersey winters are just too awful to keep my Northern house) to move permanently. :)

Until I move permanently, I will just continue purchasing ordinary Annual Passes for myself (like I've been doing since 1994) so I can hang out socially with my friends & family in WDW. :mickey: