PDA

View Full Version : Narcossee's VS Flying Fish

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Compare these two restaurants...I've been set on Narcossee's but some pictures and reviews from Flying Fish that look great. Keep in mind, my mom is allergic to shrimp,crab and lobster although she can eat oysters. She can eat fish but is picky and prefers fried fish. Which place would give her more options?

Lindsey310
01-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Would love to know everyone's thoughts and opinions also as we are dining at both restaurants next month. :eat:

31 days!! :joy:

MOJoe
01-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Both are great. Flying Fish seems a tad more elegant. But based on what you said about your mom, you may want to avoid both. Lots of things she would be allergic too are offered, and no fried fish.
You might want to check out the menus to see if there is anything she would be interested in. But if i had to choose one or the other, it would be Flying Fish.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Both are great. Flying Fish seems a tad more elegant. But based on what you said about your mom, you may want to avoid both. Lots of things she would be allergic too are offered, and no fried fish.
You might want to check out the menus to see if there is anything she would be interested in. But if i had to choose one or the other, it would be Flying Fish.

They both seem to offer steak and pork dishes, and she is able to eat scallops as well as long as they're not cooked with shrimp. I was just wondering if one had better offerings as far as she goes. She knows I really want to eat seafood one night and doesn't mind, I just would like for her to have a few options to choose from.:D

SBETigg
01-08-2014, 04:59 PM
I love both. What I like about Narcoossee's is that the setting feels relaxed, though elegant. What I like about Flying Fish is that they offer chef's specials on any given night that usually blow my mind. I did have a pan-fried trout that was a special one night and it was amazing. Their potato-wrapped snapper is a classic on the menu, too.

But really, they are both outstanding with good food and things that your mom will eat. It's really about the same as far as ratio of fish dishes to other (steak/pork/chicken/veggie). And fried fish at both is rare but occasionally ends up on the menu as a special. I guess maybe decide based on which area you think will be more convenient to your plans for the day? But you can't go wrong with either one. Also, if there's a noted allergy, they will make sure that none of the things your mom is allergic to will end up touching anything on her plate.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-08-2014, 05:20 PM
I love both. What I like about Narcoossee's is that the setting feels relaxed, though elegant. What I like about Flying Fish is that they offer chef's specials on any given night that usually blow my mind. I did have a pan-fried trout that was a special one night and it was amazing. Their potato-wrapped snapper is a classic on the menu, too.

But really, they are both outstanding with good food and things that your mom will eat. It's really about the same as far as ratio of fish dishes to other (steak/pork/chicken/veggie). And fried fish at both is rare but occasionally ends up on the menu as a special. I guess maybe decide based on which area you think will be more convenient to your plans for the day? But you can't go wrong with either one. Also, if there's a noted allergy, they will make sure that none of the things your mom is allergic to will end up touching anything on her plate.

I had kind of made the plans around the fact that I can get lobster at Narcossee's, but the food lookes interesting at FF too and we do plan on spending the afternoon on the Boardwalk that day. I don't know, I guess I will let her look over the menus. Plus she really loves sweets and I've heard a lot about the cheesecake at Narcossee's but not a lot about FF's desserts. I'm sure I will change my mind a million times before I can make ADR's.

SBETigg
01-08-2014, 06:43 PM
I had kind of made the plans around the fact that I can get lobster at Narcossee's, but the food lookes interesting at FF too and we do plan on spending the afternoon on the Boardwalk that day. I don't know, I guess I will let her look over the menus. Plus she really loves sweets and I've heard a lot about the cheesecake at Narcossee's but not a lot about FF's desserts. I'm sure I will change my mind a million times before I can make ADR's.

I had an out of this world key lime and chocolate tart at FF. I think you don't hear about their desserts because they have many good ones that rotate while Narcoossee's has a few outstanding staples. The cheesecake with cherries there is one of my favorite things. So again, they come up tied for me.

But if you do want lobster, Narcoossee's is the way to go. I don't care for the tail that comes with the surf and turf because it's a warm water tail and I prefer Maine lobster. But the whole Maine lobster is delicious for lobster lovers. A little pricey if you're used to having it in Maine without the added on price of shipping, but no less delicious. If you don't get a chance to enjoy fresh lobster often, I would lean toward Narcoossee's.

spoiledraf
01-08-2014, 08:18 PM
We love Narcoosees for atmosphere, location and the menu and food quality are wonderful. My wife had the lobster one evening and the surf and turf another and loved them both. And every table has a nice view of the water and if you time it right, Wishes. Flying Fish didn't do it for me but I'm not a fish guy.
As mentioned convienience may also play into your decision. Monorail resorts or Epcot resorts can add a lot of time getting back and forth. But we often just get a cab resort to resort.
I'm sure you will enjoy either!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2014, 08:17 AM
I had an out of this world key lime and chocolate tart at FF. I think you don't hear about their desserts because they have many good ones that rotate while Narcoossee's has a few outstanding staples. The cheesecake with cherries there is one of my favorite things. So again, they come up tied for me.

But if you do want lobster, Narcoossee's is the way to go. I don't care for the tail that comes with the surf and turf because it's a warm water tail and I prefer Maine lobster. But the whole Maine lobster is delicious for lobster lovers. A little pricey if you're used to having it in Maine without the added on price of shipping, but no less delicious. If you don't get a chance to enjoy fresh lobster often, I would lean toward Narcoossee's.

Yeah, I was wondering about FF desserts because on one website it listed bread pudding and on another it was a couple of different items. We have a lot of seafood on the gulf coast but lobster is not common down here. I've only actually had it like from red lobster so was thinking it might be better at Narcossee's. We will be on the dining plan, I forgot to ask if FF accepts it. This is going to be on a day we explore the Boardwalk, I just never considered eating there until I came across some pictures of FF and their food, it looks really whimsical and the food presentation is lovely in those pictures, so now I have to decide:confused:

SBETigg
01-09-2014, 10:38 AM
FF is on the dining plan, or at least it has been all previous years so I assume still is in 2014. Two credits, a Signature, like Narcoossee's.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2014, 11:36 AM
FF is on the dining plan, or at least it has been all previous years so I assume still is in 2014. Two credits, a Signature, like Narcoossee's.

Iluvtink
01-09-2014, 01:00 PM
If you're going to be at the Boardwalk already, I would go with FF. We went there on our last trip (after having avoided it for years because of the sticker shock). We ended up loving it and would definitely put it on the schedule for our next trip!
That said, we've also tried Narcoosee's and enjoyed that very much as well.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2014, 02:32 PM
If you're going to be at the Boardwalk already, I would go with FF. We went there on our last trip (after having avoided it for years because of the sticker shock). We ended up loving it and would definitely put it on the schedule for our next trip!
That said, we've also tried Narcoosee's and enjoyed that very much as well.

Well.....the more I think about it, I really think I want to stick with Narcossee's. The lobster is the winning point, I can get really good fish dishes at home, but good lobster here is rare. Thanks for all the help, I'm just overthinking things again. Everything's certain now except my last WS meal, LOL. Got that one narrowed down to La Hacienda or Tutto Italia, whew, decisions, decisions:-o

Bruegge
01-09-2014, 09:44 PM
I love Narcoosees.... Been there every visit.. never let us down...If you were at MK it's just a short boat ride over.... very nice after a day at the park. The boat drops you off right at the restaurant. If you take the monorail you have to walk all the way thru GF...

Fastpasssteve
01-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Narcossee's is the best option based on the person with allergies in your party. All will be happier.

Some other trip, but sure to visit the Flying Fish. It is quite lovely and delicious.