PDA

View Full Version : Which is better, grocery delivery or a cab?

Pepefan
01-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Planning details for our trip in less than two weeks. We just added an adult with special needs/diet restrictions. I was on the fence about needing groceries, as I will have my 1 year old already. But with adding my brother, groceries are now a necessity. So I have two questions.

The first is easy: are their microwaves in the rooms at CBR or just refrigerators?

Second, which is a better plan for a family that will need a lot of groceries? Is it a better idea to order through a grocery service or to get a cab and do the shopping once I get there? A couple of important things that I'm considering are variety, as my brother is pretty limited on what he can eat, volume--we will need a lot of bottled water, milk and diet pop (yeah, that's what we call it here) and because of previously mentioned toddler, we will need some adult beverages for "grownup time." Cost, of course, will be a huge deciding factor as well. I'm not sure what an average grocery run in a taxi from CBR would cost.

Any insight, anecdotes, or words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-07-2014, 05:09 PM
One thing you may want to consider is the grocery deliveries have a minimum amount so if you are wanting to order a few things everyday that may be a problem as opposed to ordering everything at once. I've looked at the prices on strollers and groceries and the prices didn't look too far out of line, so I would think it would be cheaper than paying a cab to go back and forth.

VWL Mom
01-08-2014, 07:02 AM
We mostly go the delivery route. I'd rather pay the delivery charge than waste time in the grocery store. Even better now that they carry wine and beer. :beer::wine:

Every so ofter I cheap out and use the free grocery stop with Quicksilver and always regret it. I can zip through my local grocery in minutes but get all turned around in a strange store.

gratuspater
01-10-2014, 06:15 PM
I don't know if I can mention, on this discussion board, the name of the delivery service that we are using, but its delivery fee is only $14, with a $40 minimum order. And seeing as cab rides from hotel to hotel are $20, one way. I think it would cost less to use the delivery service, and save yourself the hassle of shopping, while on vacation.:)

Disney1977
01-10-2014, 07:50 PM
We also have a dietary restriction in our family. We mail a box of gluten free food down to the resort and they hold it until we check-in. In addition we order beverages from the grocery delivery service.

Have a nice trip.