PDA

View Full Version : Made my Fastpass+ choices!

DisneyFan1979
01-07-2014, 11:02 AM
My trip is in early March, 56 days out. My AP vouchers arrived in the mail yesterday, so I was excited to link them and make my Fastpass+ choices. My traveling party is not an early riser group, so I was so happy to get fastpasses for Toy Story Midway Mania and Soarin without the hassle of having to get to the park near opening. My family is keeping an open mind about FastPass+ despite all the negativity that seems to be going around.

A word of advice for others, after making my selections the server had an error at the confirmation step. Despite that, the selections were still saved. So if you keep getting a server error, don't get frustrated refreshing or trying to complete that last step. Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click the My DisneyExperience link and you can check in your itinerary that your selections were added.

iheartdisney
01-07-2014, 09:27 PM
I'm looking forward to FastPass+ for the very reason you mentioned: not having to arrive to the park at rope drop. I am an early riser, my husband and daughter are not. I'm hoping this makes our trip more enjoyable.

I'm also looking forward to hearing about your experience with the new process and how your party feels about the new system after trying it!

Have a great trip!

spoiledraf
01-07-2014, 09:57 PM
We too like the opportunity to get to the parks a little later and be assured of riding our favorites. But if you do choose to hit it at rope drop you can get in several of the other attractions that may be your second choices for the day.
Our most recent trip was a bit of a disappointment as I was sick and on antibiotics and pretty miserable on top of slipping on ice and bruising my ribs the night before we left for Disney. But it was nice knowing our rides were reserved and we didn't have to check around for a a available FPs. FP+ was a positive for us. We don't spend all day in the parks as many do. We got to do what we wanted in a reasonable time frame and could return to our resort to relax and have dinner without rushing.
Hope your trip goes well

DisneyFan1979
01-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Thank you iheartdisney and spoiledraf for your replies and well-wishes. I definitely plan to provide a post-trip report on our FastPass+ experience. (It will also be our first time as new DVC members.)

yjgirl32
01-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Congrats on the DVC. I too am excited to hear how your trip goes and how you liked the new system. We have a trip planned for Sept and am glad there are more positive vibes coming back. Have a great trip.

LVT
01-09-2014, 08:49 PM
I will be looking forward to your report. Have a fantastic trip.:thumbsup:

BayLaker25
01-10-2014, 08:35 AM
I really liked using the FP+ when we were in WDW at the end of October. Things were set in a good time frame and we were able to do some shopping and the some of our favorite less packed rides. I loved that I did not have to hurry through the park to a ride at rope drop to play "Guess what time the FP will say". If they keep making the minor corrections and bug fixes I am all for FP+. My wife loves to plan things way ahead of time anyway so this suits her as well. I think you'll enjoy FP+.