PDA

View Full Version : FP+ and old tickets

BelleCiavo
01-06-2014, 03:41 PM
More than a little perturbed here. :down:
My family and I have taken a number of trips over the years where it was worthwhile to upgrade our tickets to no exp. and we have some tickets that are 2 or 3 days with WP&M options. We plan on using them for our upcoming trip in May. problem is they are too old to link to MDE (2003, 2004, 2005). Called Disney today and they told me yup, no FP+ for you. CM I got was the most disinterested CM I've ever had before. We're staying on property and I find this beyond bad form.

Any ideas?

d_m_n_n
01-06-2014, 05:04 PM
I just talked to them today about the same issue. First person I talked to said, "nope you have to do it at guest relations." The second person I talked to was more helpful, but got the same reply. So I guess our first day will be spent in line at guest relations. I'm with you :thedolls::thedolls:

Goofy4TheWorld
01-06-2014, 06:41 PM
I have two non-expiring PH+ tickets and I have seriously considered shipping them to Disney and telling them to replace the tickets with MDE compatible media and then ship them back to me.

Don't know if they will, but I have thought about checking into it.

gerald72
01-06-2014, 06:52 PM
It's awful. You paid extra for non- expiration, and now they aren't giving you the benefits.

Pirate Granny
01-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Depends on the CM, I had one that I should've written down her name in tech support???far right rude! and I finally said! look! I'll just call back! and she said good and I really don't care. :confused:

BelleCiavo
01-06-2014, 07:44 PM
I sent customer relations an email. I'll update when I hear back.

d_m_n_n
01-07-2014, 12:10 PM
I also sent an email. I guess my problem is not letting me do fp's...I'm going to the parks and if they're making me do everything else in advance at least let me choose them!!!!

BelleCiavo
01-18-2014, 07:13 AM
I emailed on the 7th and still no word from Disney customer relations. Have you heard anything d_m_n_n?

Katzateer
01-18-2014, 08:10 AM
Our non expiring park hopper tickets were a pain to get hooked up to the new FP+. Could not do it before we arrived and they could not do it at POP. Told us to go to guest relations.

Our first night we went to Downtown Disney Guest Relations. It took them a good 45 minutes to get our tickets linked and all the FP times set up. I was trying not to get irritated about how long it was taking.

Much to my surprise, after doing that we had NO issues with the FP+ for our 8 night stay. Everything worked well and I was very impressed.

If you are staying on property there should be no problem getting FP+ with those tickets. They have to convert them to the new ticket system that uses the no- turnstile entrance and then get all the fast passes set up for you.

Good luck getting your tickets updated to the new system. That was the end of our tickets- I have to decide if it is worth another set. I am leaning towards just getting them each trip and not getting our 10 day hopper passes we use over multiple trips.

Tekneek
01-18-2014, 08:18 AM
The problems with incorporating this into the new MM+ way of doing things must be why they quietly removed non-expiring tickets from all of the public facing systems. Another example of bad customer service in order to implement this new program.

NJGIRL
01-18-2014, 03:53 PM
I think this is one of the many things they didn't even give a thought to when coming up with this "hassle free vacation" system.

When we were there in October it was a nightmare just trying to get into the parks with our annual passes....I can't imagine trying to do anything that was more complicated than that.

mrte62
01-18-2014, 06:16 PM
O

Good luck getting your tickets updated to the new system. That was the end of our tickets- I have to decide if it is worth another set. I am leaning towards just getting them each trip and not getting our 10 day hopper passes we use over multiple trips.

Bob Iger and the Disney bean counters thank you and hope that others follow your lead ... :mickey:

d_m_n_n
01-19-2014, 01:16 PM
I emailed on the 7th and still no word from Disney customer relations. Have you heard anything d_m_n_n?

Nothing...:thedolls:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-19-2014, 09:23 PM
I got my old tickets converted to the new ticket type in November but didn't have to use the new FP plan then. I was able to still get them the old fashioned way. It didn't take very long to do that at Guest Relations. It'll be interesting to see what happens when I go back again.

d_m_n_n
01-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Well, I got my reply...if you want to call it that. I had explained the situation and that I called the help desk twice about it. The email read "call the help desk and they can assist you in this matter." Hellooooooo? Obviously you didn't read closely when I said I already had!!! :thedolls: But supposedly, they're letting the higher ups know the responses of those contacting them...

Quite honestly, I think this is it for us for a long time. I used to LOVE making ADR's and planning our trips, but not this one. My kids are getting older and there are many other sites to be seen in our country :( Disney will probably be something we do when we have grandkids (hopefully 15 years or so)...

BelleCiavo
01-29-2014, 05:17 PM
I still haven't heard a thing. I wrote again on 1/21, copying their response from 1/7 that I would hear back in 10 business days or less. I'm not expecting anything at this point. We'll use up these tickets and be done with it. And since we are staying Sunday-Thursday we'll hope that we can still get FP+ to TSMM, Soarin', and others. Watch out Disney if you snag me for a survey while I'm there.