PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopping??

LittleRoosMommy
01-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Getting ready to book our room/package today for Spring Break. We always get the park hopper ticket, but I'm wondering if it's worth it now? If anyone has any advice about the new FP+ and park hopping I would appreciate it! Thanks!!

1DisneyNut
01-06-2014, 04:12 PM
At this time, you can only get 3 FP+'s in only one park per day. If you are used to being able to get FP's in multiple parks in the same day, you probably are not going to enjoy park hopping.

DisneyGiant
01-06-2014, 04:47 PM
We are considering NOT park hopping either. Why bother if you can't try to get fast passes in the park that you're hopping to?

Editorial Comment: 3 Fast Passes a day are not enough. I seriously hope that they plan on changing that to at least 5 (especially in the MK).

MOJoe
01-06-2014, 05:49 PM
If you are able to make Rope Drop then you could do the headliners at that park, then use your FP+ for your second park. So i think FP+ may actually help park hoppers. It has become nearly impossible to ride Soarin and Toy Story Mania on the same day, without a lenghthy wait at one or the other. With FP+ it is possible.
Don't get me wrong. I am not a fan of the new system. But this seems to be one of the benefits.

AndrewJackson
01-06-2014, 06:08 PM
If you are able to make Rope Drop then you could do the headliners at that park, then use your FP+ for your second park. So i think FP+ may actually help park hoppers. It has become nearly impossible to ride Soarin and Toy Story Mania on the same day, without a lenghthy wait at one or the other. With FP+ it is possible.
Don't get me wrong. I am not a fan of the new system. But this seems to be one of the benefits.

I agree with Joe. The way to park hop is to hit the first park at rope drop, and ride a couple if "tier 1" rides, then head over to the second park and use your FP+.

gerald72
01-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Actually, I think park hopping is the only advantage with FP+.
You don't need fastpasses in the first couple hours in the morning at the first park.
Use all your FP+ at the second park after hopping.

VWL Mom
01-06-2014, 08:20 PM
If you are able to make Rope Drop then you could do the headliners at that park, then use your FP+ for your second park. So i think FP+ may actually help park hoppers.

I have to agree. We have all our FP+ planned for late afternoon for this trip and it's kind of nice to know we won't be shut out.

DisneyGiant
01-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Actually, I think park hopping is the only advantage with FP+.
You don't need fastpasses in the first couple hours in the morning at the first park.
Use all your FP+ at the second park after hopping.

What an interesting idea. I hadn't considered that. :mickey:

That's why this is such a great community! I will be reconsidering the park hopping :)

LittleRoosMommy
01-06-2014, 09:19 PM
That is definitely a different way of looking at things. I will keep that in mind when I book our FPs. Thanks!!

I just booked today for Spring Break, 4/19-4/26. I've been playing around on MDE, but I haven't been able to find the "tiers" of rides for FP+. Where am I not looking??

VWL Mom
01-06-2014, 09:46 PM
The tiers so far are in Epcot and DHS

Epcot
Select One:
Character Spot
IllumiNations
Maelstrom
Soarin
Test Track

Select two:
Captain EO
Journey into Imagination
Living with the Land
Mission: SPACE
Seas with Nemo and Friends
Spaceship Earth
Turtle Talk with Crush

DHS
Select One:
Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
Fantasmic
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Toy Story Midway Mania

Select Two:
American Idol Experience
Disney Junior – Live on Stage
Great Movie Ride
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Muppet Vision 3D
Star Tours
Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

LittleRoosMommy
01-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Thanks! It's interesting that they put Test Track and Soarin together in one tier... and TSM and RRNC together.

Like so many of you, we have figured out how to maximize the use of FP over the years, and can easily get 5-7 per day. My family likes to go commando at the parks! LOL So, I'm a little disappointed and suspicious of this new system. Trying to keep an open mind though... I really want to enjoy this trip!

Lizzie
01-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Great thread with great ideas. We also are used to getting over 5 fast passes a day and don't like the idea of being limited to three a day.

g8rgirl29
01-09-2014, 08:18 PM
We will be trying out the park hopping with using fast pass+ at the 2nd park of the day on our trip down Jan 20-26. Hopefully it will work out well!! I've been watching the wait times on the My Disney app and it seemed like the best way to go. I'll try to post while we are there and let you know how it goes.

#1donaldfan
01-10-2014, 12:11 PM
MoJoe is right !!! Just open a park of choice, ride standby as normal, hit the attractions you want the most all the while sitting on FP's for a park your gonna hit later. I cannot remember how many times we've walked over to EE and rode it twice in a row as standby in less than 20 minutes....in JUNE. Park hopping is a great advantage for us as we always open a park, leaving it around noon, swim a lap or two at the resort, then head back to another park that everning. :cool:

g8rgirl29
01-30-2014, 08:41 PM
We used fast pass+ with our park hopper starting out at our extra magic hour park then using our fast passes at the second park and it worked really well. We were able to ride all the big ticket rides we wanted to in that hour. I'm still not a big fan of the fast pass+ because I felt like we wasted a fair amount of time waiting where you didn't really have enough time to go do something else before your next fast pass time due to line wait times. Also, be sure to check your times guides if one of your fast passes is for an attraction like Beauty & The Beast Stage Show or Indiana Jones, your return times may not be completely in sync with the show times.

joonyer
01-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Have not used FP+ yet, but love me some park hopping! We plan on hopping on our next trip later this year, as usual.

Tearin_it_up
02-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Here's a question I'm wondering. If I'm going to spend 6 days in the parks and want to switch parks only on one or two times total(near the end). Would it not be cheaper to buy and 8 day ticket than a hopper?
Can you go to another park and just use another day off of your ticket?:confused:

Altair
02-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Can you go to another park and just use another day off of your ticket?:confused:

No, that is not allowed. Park Hoppers are becoming less and less of a benefit.

Sylvia
02-14-2014, 09:59 PM
Park Hoppers are becoming less and less of a benefit.

I disagree with this statement.

Although there are many visitors who prefer to spend a day in one park, I'm sure there are many others who enjoy the ability to park hop. For my family and friends, park hopping is definitely a beneficial perk which enables us to have an enjoyable WDW vacation our way.

joonyer
02-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Here's a question I'm wondering. If I'm going to spend 6 days in the parks and want to switch parks only on one or two times total(near the end). Would it not be cheaper to buy and 8 day ticket than a hopper?

Yes it would be cheaper. . . . except that WDW will NOT allow you to use two days of admission off a multi-day pass on the same day. Otherwise, nobody would ever pay for the park hopper option.