PDA

View Full Version : No parade at MK in March

faberj
01-06-2014, 09:32 AM
We will be in WDW March 17 - 23 and there is not an afternoon parade scheduled at MK at all during our stay :(
Anyone know why???

mickclub1955
01-06-2014, 09:38 AM
The Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade ended this past Saturday Jan 4th. The new parade Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade isn't debuting until sometime this spring. I don't know the exact date. Hopefully, someone on here does and will give it to us.

faberj
01-06-2014, 09:55 AM
That's a bummer! Hopefully the new parade will be up and running by the time we leave for our trip.

DizneyFreak2002
01-06-2014, 10:00 AM
That's a bummer! Hopefully the new parade will be up and running by the time we leave for our trip.

There is some talk the new parade is supposed to start in March, just in time for your trip... But don't hold me to that... Cannot seem to get any confirmation from anyone if March 16th is the true date or hopes and dreams...

Strmchsr
01-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Cannot seem to get any confirmation from anyone if March 16th is the true date or hopes and dreams...

Disney doesn't know the exact date yet, which is why it hasn't been announced. Some floats are still being finished. Some from the DCT parade will be repurposed and it just depends on how quickly all of that is done and testing is finalized. The target date is mid-March, but they won't announced until they know for sure they can make the date. That's the same reason no news on a window for the dwarves coaster opening.

DizneyFreak2002
01-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Disney doesn't know the exact date yet, which is why it hasn't been announced. Some floats are still being finished. Some from the DCT parade will be repurposed and it just depends on how quickly all of that is done and testing is finalized. The target date is mid-March, but they won't announced until they know for sure they can make the date. That's the same reason no news on a window for the dwarves coaster opening.

Weren't some of the floats coming from Japan's parade? Are they on property? I've seen pictures which show the floats on property, but I cannot tell if the parade barns are Orlando's... :)

LittleRoosMommy
01-06-2014, 11:20 AM
I saw on another site over the weekend that the new parade is supposed to debut on March 16th as well. I haven't seen anything official yet from Disney. We're there for Easter/Spring Break... hoping that it's up and running by the end of April!

Strmchsr
01-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Weren't some of the floats coming from Japan's parade? Are they on property? I've seen pictures which show the floats on property, but I cannot tell if the parade barns are Orlando's... :)

Yeah, a couple are coming from Japan, but I'm not sure if they're on property yet or not. i think so, but don't have confirmation on that.

DizneyFreak2002
01-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Yeah, a couple are coming from Japan, but I'm not sure if they're on property yet or not. i think so, but don't have confirmation on that.

I think the Dumbo/Pinocchio float was mentioned as one coming over... Also, Maleficient's dragon float, if I understood correctly... The pictures I saw (on another site, not sent to me personally) showed a few of Japan's floats, but again, the person who posted it could have said they were in Orlando and not being serious ya know? That's why I like to verify before posting or saying anything...

DizneyFreak2002
01-12-2014, 10:08 PM
So, there seems to be a mystery float for the new parade? Is it really a mystery when we all know it is a steam punk dragon float???? LOL

01-12-2014, 10:46 PM
Floats have been on property for quite awhile, just not where most would have access to see them. Actually going to be moved from that location soon. Have to be awake pretty early though to see them.

mickclub1955
01-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Saw the pirate ship on the side of the road yesterday when we were leaving the MK area. It was pushed up in some bushes. It was busy getting to the MK area yesterday morning due to the Half Marathon. Traffic was backed up bad. Thought it was funny they would leave that on the side of the road like that.

DizneyFreak2002
01-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Floats have been on property for quite awhile, just not where most would have access to see them. Actually going to be moved from that location soon. Have to be awake pretty early though to see them.

WDW's Twitter has posted two picture clues of the mystery float... Yea, it is a steam punk dragon... :)

badkitty
01-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Saw the pirate ship on the side of the road yesterday when we were leaving the MK area. It was pushed up in some bushes. It was busy getting to the MK area yesterday morning due to the Half Marathon. Traffic was backed up bad. Thought it was funny they would leave that on the side of the road like that.

The float was used during the races for runner's photo ops with Jack. They moved it out if the midian after the race.

mickclub1955
01-13-2014, 01:24 PM
That's cool. It was fun watching the runners yesterday for the full marathon. Friday we got to Epcot early for our tour and watched the last runner run in front of Guest relations during the new 10k run. We cheered them on. Getting back to the float, I thought it was weird for the float to be out there on the highway, but thought at the time it got stuck there due to the traffic back up. Glad they make the marathon fun for the runners participating and make it "Disney".

Giggy
01-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Getting back to the float, I thought it was weird for the float to be out there on the highway, but thought at the time it got stuck there due to the traffic back up. Glad they make the marathon fun for the runners participating and make it "Disney".

As it was a pirate ship I like to think it had been sailing towards Magic Kingdom. Maybe the wind dropped so it had to stop and wait until better sailing weather? :D

DizneyFreak2002
01-13-2014, 06:07 PM
The steam punk dragon float looks AWESOME!!!!!

Tekneek
01-13-2014, 07:55 PM
Is there some logistical reason that they could not start the new one closer to the stop date of the previous parade? Surely they have the resources to pull it off.