PDA

View Full Version : Fanny packs on rides

*NikkiJ*
01-02-2014, 03:34 PM
What rides would you NOT bring a fanny pack on with you? Clearly anything with water.

Anyone have any issues with anything be stolen from leaving a fanny pack or bag behind while going on a ride?

DH and I plan to take lots of pictures and worry about leaving our camera alone while we go on a ride.

cer
01-02-2014, 04:00 PM
There is nothing that I would leave behind in order to ride at Disney and I carry a backpack. If you are worried about the water rides, put your electronics in a ziploc bag, but the only ride I would worry about is Kali River Rapids and that has a place in the middle with a cover to put your belongings in.

I would not leave anything valuable unattended - ever.

WDW is not like Universal or some other theme parks that require you rent a locker to store your belongings, the attractions are such that your stuff can travel with you.

*NikkiJ*
01-02-2014, 04:14 PM
How do you bring the bookbag on rides? Do cm ever say anything about bringing stuff on rides? Last time we went I left my bag behind only because we carried one cell and it easily fit in DH pocket and we left behind a bag with some sunblock and other things.

cer
01-02-2014, 04:23 PM
No one says anything. It is a regular practice.

On the coasters (Rockin Rollercoaster) I put the bag in the floor and put my leg through the strap... same with Test Track and Everest.

On all other rides it fits easily at my feet or beside me. On Soarin and Star Tours they have a net basket under your seat to stow it.

It is not a problem, really.

I have never gone without it - and it has never been an issue.

kakn7294
01-02-2014, 05:48 PM
All 4 of us carry some type of bag - usually a drawstring backpack, my small Vera Bradley backpack, or a small crossbody purse. We take them on every ride. Usually there is a pouch to place your items in or I just wrap the strap around my arm / leg and hold on to it. Bring a ziplock bag for anything you don't want getting wet. Just remember to grab your bag on your way out and you'll be fine!

mickclub1955
01-02-2014, 06:46 PM
I carry a backpack as well to put cameras in and our ponchos. Take it on every ride as well. On Soarin' you just leave it on the floor. Never had any problems.

Scrappy2
01-02-2014, 08:25 PM
We always carry some sort of bag and never had a problem. I did once leave my really nice camera hanging on the stroller (by accident) once during a ride and it was there waiting on us when we got off. I however would not recommend that. We were very lucky it was there waiting on us.

JerseyDad
01-02-2014, 09:22 PM
There is nothing that I would leave behind in order to ride at Disney and I carry a backpack. If you are worried about the water rides, put your electronics in a ziploc bag, but the only ride I would worry about is Kali River Rapids and that has a place in the middle with a cover to put your belongings in.

I would not leave anything valuable unattended - ever.

WDW is not like Universal or some other theme parks that require you rent a locker to store your belongings, the attractions are such that your stuff can travel with you.

.....believe me ...the first suggestion about the Ziploc bag is the best (for phones, cameras, etc)

...and ...that 'protective' compartment on Kali River ....isn't!! Things I had in there got wet ...thank goodness it wasn't electronics.

Main Street Jim
01-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Last time we went I left my bag behind only because we carried one cell and it easily fit in DH pocket and we left behind a bag with some sunblock and other things.Do NOT ever leave a bag sitting unattended; Cast Members are trained to call Security whenever they notice a bag that's been sitting by itself for more than about 10-15 minutes. Security will swoop in - some times with the canine team - swipe your bag, and take it back to the Security office before searching it. :P Not really - they'll usually try and determine if anything threatening is in it first, then wait for the owner to show up.

marlyn
01-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Disney parks are set up for families with bags and at no point will you ever be required to leave a bag. Most rides have plenty of room on the floor. The thrill type rides have roomy "nets" in front of you to put fanny packs, hats, glasses, whatever in. (dinosaur, Expedition Everest, Space Mountain for example.
Not a problem at all....

*NikkiJ*
01-03-2014, 09:23 AM
Good to know. Thanks everyone, I honestly paid no attention last time as we had no need to worry. Any rides that go upside down?mi can't remember if the Aerosmith coaster does, if it does I'll just hold on tight to my bag:blush:

Gator
01-03-2014, 01:40 PM
I always carry a backpack, and that's where I keep the cameras. We often leave a stroller behind at the rides, and we'll leave a diaper bag in it. We don't leave anything of value in it, though. Just diapers, a few snacks, some water, and a change of clothes. I guess it's a trust thing, and I trust that everything will be there when I get back, because what family at a family park is going to swipe my bags of Goldfish. But that's me.

Dream'nDisney
01-03-2014, 01:47 PM
I just have to say that I am so glad fannypacks are back in style!! My teenagers wouldn't let me carry my old one on our last few trips. LOL

I just ordered and received a new black Mickey Mouse fannypack online and LOVE it. Can't wait to use it. I will probably use a back pack certain days, especially when it is really hot and want to carry water bottles.

I always have a ziplock baggy for our cell phones, no matter what type of bag or purse I carry.

Main Street Jim
01-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Good to know. Thanks everyone, I honestly paid no attention last time as we had no need to worry. Any rides that go upside down?mi can't remember if the Aerosmith coaster does, if it does I'll just hold on tight to my bag:blush:Set your bag on the floor when you get in; take a strap and wrap it around your leg a couple of times. Then you can throw your hands in the air for the picture. :)

*NikkiJ*
01-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Set your bag on the floor when you get in; take a strap and wrap it around your leg a couple of times. Then you can throw your hands in the air for the picture. :)

How did you know? I prefer my hands up on rides:thumbsup:

Keneva
01-03-2014, 08:08 PM
I just have to say that I am so glad fannypacks are back in style!! My teenagers wouldn't let me carry my old one on our last few trips. LOL

I just ordered and received a new black Mickey Mouse fannypack online and LOVE it. Can't wait to use it. I will probably use a back pack certain days, especially when it is really hot and want to carry water bottles.

I always have a ziplock baggy for our cell phones, no matter what type of bag or purse I carry.

Fanny Packs went out of Style? And then back in? No Way! I'll never go to WDW without my Fanny Pack! I;m so glad we don't have to push strollers around any more.:noway:

ransam
01-04-2014, 01:09 AM
I've taken back packs but never fanny packs.

*NikkiJ*
01-04-2014, 08:03 AM
I have used both, but prefer my fanny pack because of the awkward tan lines that can develop from a backpack.

I wouldn't say they are in style, but they seem to be "acceptable" at Disney.

WDWdriver
01-04-2014, 08:16 AM
FYI - Kali River Rapids now has lockers located near the ride entrance. There is no charge for the lockers while you are in line or on the ride.

cer
01-04-2014, 08:22 AM
FYI - Kali River Rapids now has lockers located near the ride entrance. There is no charge for the lockers while you are in line or on the ride.

Nice !

Mousemates
01-07-2014, 12:56 PM

According to my teens I'm not sure they are "in style" :blush: but if they make things easier for you in the parks go for it. :thumbsup:

joonyer
01-07-2014, 01:37 PM
I don't go to the parks to be "in style" and don't care if I am or not. I carry a fanny pack for function, and never had a problem carrying anything (short of a stroller) on any Disney rides. Hold onto your hat though, I've lost a couple of those!

kakn7294
01-08-2014, 09:13 PM
I miss my fanny pack but I wouldn't be caught in one these days! I haven't worn one in years.

Altair
01-09-2014, 04:54 PM
I just want to say, if you think a fanny pack makes you look like a dork, a back pack isn't the answer. :doh:

kakn7294
01-13-2014, 04:40 AM
I just want to say, if you think a fanny pack makes you look like a dork, a back pack isn't the answer. :doh:

When you are Pooh-sized, as I am, a drawstring backpack is waaaaaay better looking than a fanny pack. Trust me!!!