PDA

View Full Version : Room Storage at POR

Gator
01-02-2014, 03:05 PM
I've been looking at photos and videos of PO-Riverside for our possible trip the year. We have 5, so it's either this resort or paying a lot more for a suite.

The photos seem to show minimal storage at the Alligator Bayou rooms. Anyone out there know for sure how it is? I just don't want to get there and be living out of suitcases because there's not enough drawers.

mook3y
01-02-2014, 05:42 PM
I've been looking at photos and videos of PO-Riverside for our possible trip the year. We have 5, so it's either this resort or paying a lot more for a suite.

The photos seem to show minimal storage at the Alligator Bayou rooms. Anyone out there know for sure how it is? I just don't want to get there and be living out of suitcases because there's not enough drawers.

We stayed in one of the new rooms oct 2012. We too had 5 people and had the same concerns. There definitely is a shortage of storage in these rooms. We resolved the issue for our family by hanging an over the door shoe holder over the window (would not fit on bathroom door - there was not enough of a gap to be able to close the door. Also, we brought a portable - hanging storage that we hung in the closet - they sell them at target for under $20. its fabric and hangs almost to floor and provides several square areas to store clothing in. Just make sure to get the one with the hooks. you can't remove the pole to slide on the other kind. With those additions, we did just fine. Oh also, get a pop up hamper. that helped too!

kakn7294
01-02-2014, 05:52 PM
I think that storage is tight in all of the resorts unless you're in a suite. We generally live half out of the suitcase and half out of the dresser for our family of 4. I pack our clothing together as an outfit so we can just grab the one we want each day. I lay them out the night before to make getting ready in the mornings a bit easier.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-06-2014, 02:24 PM
In the old set-up, the tv was housed in the armoire, which also afforded you I think at least 3 full drawers for clothing. I don't recall if in the old set up if you could make use of space under the bed. One bed had the old trundle but can't recall if the 2nd under the bed was an option.

Post refurb, the tv armoire is gone. The tv is now a flat screen that is located over the murphy bed.

The bathroom area does have useable space now under the sinks. The safes (as of 2012) are still the small in wall ones. The shelf and closet rod in the vanity area are unchanged. In the main room, no storage under either bed, the murphy bed has three side by side drawers/bins that you can use. There is still a coat rack that hangs over the coffee/fridge area, but with the refurb there isn't as much space underneath, so while you can probably hang a back pack, nothing much longer.

As another poster mentioned, we bought one of those folding fabric sweater holders. It hangs from the closet rod, is about 12" in width and gives you I think at least 6 (maybe 5) individual storage areas. Since there were 5 of us, each of us had one area of the unit.

Storage is tight and minimal, but its hard to imagine a family that brings more luggage and hauls back more souvenirs/maps/scrapbooking stuff then my wife does, and we managed ok.

We LOVE Disney
01-06-2014, 05:16 PM
There are 5 in my family and my 13 year old daughter (4'9") barely fit on the murphy bed. They have a total of 3 small drawers (4 if you count the one in between the beds which we had to use) and you can't use the space under the beds anymore because, for some unknown reason, they have it blocked off!

We were definitely tight but we were able to make it work. Just bring enough hangers or whatever for all of your clothes! We brought extra hangers, an over the door shoe hanger for all of the toiletries (which we had to hang in the "closet" because when I put it on the bathroom door, the door would not shut), pop up hamper and TWO of those hanging shelf things you use for sweaters. We had ALL of the drawers filled (which are only 3 very small and the VERY small one in between the beds), every single shelf and every "shelf" on the 2 sweater holders. We even used the 3 hooks which are now above the coffee maker so not much hanging room. One thing about the drawers is that when the bed is pulled down out of the wall, you can still get to the drawers but it's a pretty tight and annoying thing!

We still enjoy the resort and will be staying there for 2 weeks in June. I just wish, with the refurbishment, they wouldn't have taken away so much storage.