PDA

View Full Version : Changing hotels because of Fast Pass+?

ftwildernesskid
01-01-2014, 08:48 PM
We are currently booked at Pop Century for our trip in March. However, I am willing to consider changing to a moderate if there would be an advantage of having KTTK cards as well to use traditional Fastpass. Does anyone know if this would be an option at a moderate? I just have some major misgivings about this whole new system from all the negative reports Ive been reading. Plus, if the my magical experience web site is any indication of the rest of the system, this could be a disaster. Thanks!

Strmchsr
01-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Changing probably wouldn't be a good idea because there's no clue what will be in place with FP+ by March. The old FP machines might or might not be there by then. Things are changing constantly so I'm not sure it would be an advantage. I hate the FP+ but there's no way to know for sure if there will still be KTTW cards available in March or if the traditional FP machines will still be in operation.

Goofy4TheWorld
01-02-2014, 09:49 AM
I have read somewhere that you can squeeze KTTK cards out of Guest Services if you are insistent. You may have to be a tiny bit pushy, but I can't imagine them not giving them to you if you insist.

mickclub1955
01-02-2014, 10:05 AM
I have read somewhere that you can squeeze KTTK cards out of Guest Services if you are insistent. You may have to be a tiny bit pushy, but I can't imagine them not giving them to you if you insist.

The KTTW card you would get at the POP would be an RFID card and could not be used for legacy FP. Also, there is an article (I posted it in News and Rumors) that states that FP+ should be implemented by Spring in all Theme Parks.

faline
01-02-2014, 10:23 AM
I, too, would not count on being able to get traditional fast passes regardless of where you stay.

ftwildernesskid
01-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. I probably will just stay put. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised by all the fast-paced changes.