PDA

View Full Version : Wow!!

We LOVE Disney
01-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Ok so we will be in WDW this summer. I am able to make a reservation today for June 30 and we wanted a dinner reservation for Be Our Guest. So, after all of the Happy New Year hugs etc I go online at 12:15am to book a table and there is NOTHING from 5pm until 10pm that night! It was 15 minutes in to the booking time allowed! That is nuts! How can the entire restaurant be booked so fast!!

It's like when I went to purchase One Direction concert tickets for my daughter.....gone within 5 minutes!

I'll keep trying but, Geesch this seems like it's harder to get into then the castle for breakfast!

VWL Mom
01-01-2014, 09:30 AM
It was 15 minutes in to the booking time allowed!

Actually you were 5hr 45 min too early. The date change for dining is at 6AM EST

We LOVE Disney
01-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Actually you were 5hr 45 min too early. The date change for dining is at 6AM EST

Thanks! Unfortunately it says the same thing now as it did at 12:15 this morning:

No tables available around 5:00pm to 10:00pm on Monday Jun 30, 2014.

CaptSmee
01-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Keep checking...we've had it happen before too then all of a sudden there were plenty of times. Someone prob slept in last night ;)

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-01-2014, 10:46 AM
I agree - keep checking! BOG seems to have times "appear", I know I finally found an opening a couple of months before our trip.

Also, if you happen to be booking for an odd number (such as 3), try looking for a table for 4, the system doesn't like odd numbers! I can't tell you the number of times I've found a table for 4 at the perfect time, when there was nothing available for 3 at all.

It still is the "new" place, so yes, it is harder to get into than the castle. :(

VWL Mom
01-01-2014, 11:00 AM
I just checked for a table of 4 on June 30 and there are times available. Not sure how many you need but you may want to check again.

We LOVE Disney
01-01-2014, 11:02 AM
I agree - keep checking! BOG seems to have times "appear", I know I finally found an opening a couple of months before our trip.

Also, if you happen to be booking for an odd number (such as 3), try looking for a table for 4, the system doesn't like odd numbers! I can't tell you the number of times I've found a table for 4 at the perfect time, when there was nothing available for 3 at all.

It still is the "new" place, so yes, it is harder to get into than the castle. :(

Thanks everyone :)

I will definitely keep checking. Question though.....If we only have 9 but I book for 10 and only 9 show up, won't I be charged for the 10th person? Or, if we have 9 and I book for 8, will they be able to squeeze another chair in?

I did just check for 8 and 10 but still nothing.....

deedeebee
01-01-2014, 12:02 PM
You got 1D tickets???:number1:

Pirate Granny
01-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Good luck. I called on my date for early June also...no good. I could get 8 but not 9 or 10. I called and CM refused to book two ADR one for 5 and the other for 4.

So long story short I booked for 8 at the preferred time, and called backed and booked for table for 1 and it was ten minutes later than the ADR for 8. If they won't sit 9 together, then I will sit with hubby as I'm sure there is no table for one...

We can only hope! Good luck..and CALL don't try to do BOG on line.

We LOVE Disney
01-01-2014, 02:28 PM
I just checked for a table of 4 on June 30 and there are times available. Not sure how many you need but you may want to check again.

We need 9......

I checked just now for 4 and there were tables so I bumped it up to 5 just to see. No tables for 5 and up :(

I'm also trying to get T-Rex for June 27th with no luck (we've been there before so it's not the end of the world if we don't get in). I'll keep trying for both every day though :)

marlyn
01-01-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm also trying to get T-Rex for June 27th with no luck (we've been there before so it's not the end of the world if we don't get in). I'll keep trying for both every day though :)

You couldn't even get T-Rex? That sounds strange. I would phone if I was you!!

We LOVE Disney
01-01-2014, 04:18 PM
You got 1D tickets???:number1:

I actually did, sort of! My friend had extra tickets :) Seats are pretty far away but still main floor!

NJGIRL
01-01-2014, 07:11 PM
We need 9......

You will NEVER get T Rex on the Disney line. They give Disney a very very limit amount of tables. Call T Rex directly and you will get any time you want. I have been through this many times and calling directly is the only way to go.

marlyn
01-01-2014, 08:09 PM
You will NEVER get T Rex on the Disney line. They give Disney a very very limit amount of tables. Call T Rex directly and you will get any time you want. I have been through this many times and calling directly is the only way to go.

I was able to book T-Rex online, about 2 months before trip this last April....and it was just a few days after Easter Sunday! Booked 11:30 lunch ADR. No trouble.

We LOVE Disney
01-01-2014, 08:10 PM

Thanks! When I called to make the rest of my reservations, the CM on the other end suggested the same thing (and gave me their number :thumbsup:). So, I just called T-Rex directly and got right in, no problem at all!

FYI for anyone else that may not have known (like me): When you CALL to make dining reservations you can make reservations for up to 10 days. When you try to book ONLINE, you can't go ahead 10 days. Had I known this, I would have called earlier and possibly gotten in to Be Our Guest.

Live and learn I guess.

NJGIRL
01-01-2014, 08:31 PM
I was able to book T-Rex online, about 2 months before trip this last April....and it was just a few days after Easter Sunday! Booked 11:30 lunch ADR. No trouble.

Maybe as is gets closer or if they are not booking on their own.... they release more tables....but 6 months in advance they keep all the tables for themselves.....A T Rex employee told me that himself.

I have always tried to book T-Rex at the same time as my other ADR's and no times are ever available....then I turn around and call directly and get a reservation for a prime time with no trouble.

marlyn
01-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Maybe as is gets closer or if they are not booking on their own.... they release more tables....but 6 months in advance they keep all the tables for themselves.....A T Rex employee told me that himself.

I have always tried to book T-Rex at the same time as my other ADR's and no times are ever available....then I turn around and call directly and get a reservation for a prime time with no trouble.

Hmm, is this the same for Planet Hollywood? I'm hoping to get ADR for August.

NJGIRL
01-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Hmm, is this the same for Planet Hollywood? I'm hoping to get ADR for August.

It is that way for the Rainforest and T-Rex because they are owned by the same company. We have only eaten at Planet Hollywood twice and that was years ago, so I'm not sure. Try making it through the Disney line, but if they tell you nothing is available ask for their direct number.

Gator
01-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Man, I was hoping that after being open for over a year, it would start to slow down. We ended up waiting in line for 40 minutes for lunch last time. I'm thinking that I'll just go to my other favorites in MK for now.

NJGIRL
01-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Man, I was hoping that after being open for over a year, it would start to slow down. We ended up waiting in line for 40 minutes for lunch last time. I'm thinking that I'll just go to my other favorites in MK for now.

That's not too bad for not having a reservation. We have always had a reservation and never have waited more than 5 mins to be seated. Reservations are not hard to get....you just need to call T-Rex directly.

pox24
01-03-2014, 02:31 PM
We have a 7pm on March 29th. Bad news, we booked it in October 2013.