PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom

Heather_
12-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Skip it or not? It's only open until 5 while I'm visiting and we won't be park hopping. I've been to all of the parks many times and I'll be traveling w 5 month old and my Dad. I would really like to go but I've got FOMO and worry I won't get the most of Disney I can in one day. ;) I can't decide!

MickeysBestPal
12-30-2013, 10:11 PM
DAK is our second-favorite park, just below MK.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-31-2013, 09:28 AM
We love it, I say give it a chance

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Do you like AK? Does your Dad?

For us, DD and I could skip it, but it is one of DH's favourites. If you like it, go for it! You could combine it with dinner at AKL, or some time at DTD, since you'll have "extra" time in the evening.

Arielfan98
12-31-2013, 10:23 AM
My family typically has the means to go to AK because we get a park hopping ticket and we stay for a week. With that said, of the days we go there we go for 1/2 of a day because AK isn't our favorite and we're not "animal people".

My suggestion would be to ask yourself if it's worth it to you. My family would bypass it if we were under the same circumstances as yourself. If you and your party love animals then go for it. Up to you.

FaithTrustPixieDust
12-31-2013, 10:46 AM
I love AK! If you've got time, spend a day there and use the 5 pm closing to do a dinner you wouldn't normally fit into your schedule. There are some great dining experiences at the resorts, character and non-character meals.

Or maybe just go to bed early and hit it hard the next day! :mickey:

mickclub1955
12-31-2013, 10:49 AM
We love it because it is never the same every time we go. Animals are so unpredictable. We love the safari and the walking trails. It is unlike any other Disney park.

Giggy
12-31-2013, 11:46 AM
I would say go for it, we are big fans of Animal Kingdom and find plenty to do to make it a full day out. We had a day and a half last time we went there and even that was a little rushed!

In terms of the evening there are lots of things outside of the parks that you could organise. As others have said you could book somewhere nice for dinner, have an evening of minigolf or visit Downtown Disney.

I am not sure if this is possible without park hopper we've always found Disney Quest was a good way to spend a spare evening. This has generally been a family including teenagers though, it may not really appeal to a 5 month old! :mickey:

Heather_
12-31-2013, 02:37 PM
Ok, you've talked me into it. I always overlook AK or only spend a half a day there. I'm going to give it a whole day this time. My dad and I went for his first ever Disney trip in 2006 and he loved seeing all four parks. In fact, my first ride on Everest was with him! I'm sure he will be happy to go back. It will be nice to have a relaxing dinner and have time to pack so we can enjoy our last day with no added stress.

VacationDisney
01-01-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't think you will be sorry about choice:thumbsup:

Have fun & enjoy the park!

Lindsey310
01-01-2014, 05:01 PM
We love animal kingdom and I think you should go for it! :mickey:

38 days!!!! :high5:

Sylvia
01-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Another recommendation to spend the day at Animal Kingdom. We are not "thrill ride" people, and we have never had any problems spending at least 2 relaxing days at AK during every trip.

Gator
01-02-2014, 11:18 AM
I love AK! If you've got time, spend a day there and use the 5 pm closing to do a dinner you wouldn't normally fit into your schedule. There are some great dining experiences at the resorts, character and non-character meals.
:

This is the answer I'll go with. We have often left AK to go catch a dinner at one of the resorts. Boma's, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Faire, Ohana's, the luau at Polynesian... It makes it a fun event after doing a park all day to have a nice meal and then head to bed early.

I wouldn't miss AK for anything. It has one of the Top 3 themed rides at WDW (Kilamanjaro Safari), the best rollercoaster (Expedition: Everest), the best live show (Nemo: The Musical), and the best counter service at WDW (Flame Tree BBQ).

Kerry823
01-09-2014, 06:39 PM
You should go! We love this park and visit at least twice per trip with both full day visits. There is a lot to do and see. It feels more relaxed and prefer this park over the Studios.

Enjoy!

larjani
01-10-2014, 11:37 AM
I guess we are in the majority. We skip AK. If we do go we hit a couple rides then move on to another park.

#1donaldfan
01-10-2014, 11:47 AM
AK is my favorite !! The themeing, the rides, the sights and smells (most of them) are incredible !!! Spending the entire day there you can slow down and really see the massive amount of detail put into it. You cannot go wrong spending your time there !!! :cool:

MrPeetrie
01-10-2014, 03:47 PM
We absolutely love this park. It is our second favorite (behind the Magic Kingdom) and my DS3's favorite.

Each trip, after arrival and check-in, we hop on a bus to AK for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe and some park time. Then, later in the stay, we'll dedicate one full day here. (We may come back for a half day, too.)

Every night, I must tell my DS3 an Animal Kingdom story or he can't fall asleep.

DonaldDuckUSA
01-13-2014, 09:00 PM
I'm glad you've decided to go!

Honestly, it's so relaxing. There is enough to keep you entertained. We like the food (Flame Tree, the yak and yeti TS, and even some kiosks with one or two different items). The food for us is second only to EPCOT.

Yes, it closes early so plan on making it your relaxing day. You know, the day you feel like strolling through a park or sitting back and relaxing.

HAVE FUN!

Plus, it will provide a lot of shade for the little one.