PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust and Update for Mom

TinkerbellT421
12-30-2013, 04:22 PM
As most of you know that read a couple threads I posted a couple months back, it's been a long sad frustrating summer and fall.

Mom, stroke wise is doing phenomenal. She has recovered most if not all of her movement functions back in arms, hands and legs. She still gets bouts of feeling weak or tired in her limbs and body in general, but she overcomes that as it happens. Memory wise is still a bit of a struggle at times, but even that is better considering everything else. Just takes repeating somethings or answering a few questions several times, but she does eventually get it or understand and remember, just takes a few tries. Concentration at times is a little bit of a struggle, but overall, much better than it was. She continues to improve as the days turn to weeks and weeks turn to months.

The cancer, well that continues to be the biggest struggle and battle, but even that considering everything else, could be worse. She had and completed the radiation at the end of August. Now we are on the three month CT Scan of the lungs for the next couple years. She had one in October, which showed "significant signs of shrinking" of the tumor. She had another CT Scan today, we see the Oncologist on Tuesday for results/next step appointment.

Can everyone please spare some prayers, well wishes and pixie dust that this next scan shows good results. She and I could really use some. And some pixie dust for my stress levels would be great too. My stress and blood pressure has been through the roof the last few months just because of everything all at once with my mom. But, we truck along everyday, take everything a day at a time, best we can. I could really use some good news, especially right before our planned vacation, cause god knows, this year I could really use one.

mickclub1955
12-30-2013, 05:58 PM
:pixie::pixie: Sending some your way!!!!!

weswerx
12-30-2013, 06:27 PM
prayers & pixie dust

VWL Mom
12-30-2013, 06:59 PM
I'm glad to here she's doing somewhat better. Sending prayers and pixie dust.
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

disney obsessed
12-31-2013, 02:22 PM
I am sending as much as I can! I hope and pray you continue to have good news.

Disney4us2
12-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Prayers and pixie dust for you, your mom and whole family. Hope you get some good news.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

TinkerbellT421
12-31-2013, 08:36 PM
Thank you everyone :) I will be sure to post an update after the appointment on Tuesday. I'm a firm believer in all of your pixie dust helping

TinkerbellT421
01-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Update!
Mom update! Today was the results of her follow up cat scan (which will continue every 3-4 months for a year then taper off till it's once a year). Thank you all for the prayers, thoughts and well wishes! I feel they always help! Great news, the tumor has continued to shrink (which is great and will more than likely continue to shrink until it's is dead and nothing left but a "scar", hopefully, that's why the continued scans until this is confirmed). There were NO abnormalities and no changes (bad changes is what they look for, shape size, etc.) and no "secondary tumors" (which in small percentages can happen). So all in all, GREAT news until the next scan sometime in April or May! Yay!

VWL Mom
01-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Wonderful news Tonya! Sending more pixie dust her way :pixie::pixie::pixie:

disney obsessed
01-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Great news!!:thumbsup: