PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain Refurb

Jillirose
12-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Does anyone know why Splash Mountain is closed for refurb AGAIN this winter?!! We took our daughter's BF last year, and he couldn't ride Splash due to refurb. We were so excited to have him experience it this year :confused:

Ian
12-29-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm pretty sure Splash closes every January for it's annual refurb. They do it during the coolest month of the year because I assume ridership is way down.

Strmchsr
12-29-2013, 01:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Splash closes every January for it's annual refurb. They do it during the coolest month of the year because I assume ridership is way down.

That's true. It closes every January. However, they've closed it again for an extended period this year (through March) to fix a few things that didn't get finished last year. After this run Splash should be back, key word being should, to it's original glory.

TinkerbellT421
12-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Ian and Strmchasr are correct. Closes usually EVERY January, the only January it didn't was the year that Big Thunder was down. They didn't want to have two major attractions on the same end of the park closed at the same time. That is the only exception. Other than that, always expect it to be closed at least a week or two in January....until a couple years ago, I had never ridden Splash because we always go to January. Sometimes I would miss it literally by a day at either end, the day before we get there it would close and or open the day after we leave lol.

Gator
12-30-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm with you. I'm always ticked that it's down. I love January, first week of February. But they always close it in January, and it seems they have it down until March 3 out of 4 years. Don't know why they do it that way, but it's kept me from going during my favorite time of year for the sake of my kids. I just can't have them missing our favorite ride.

Kairi_7378
12-31-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm sorry that the refurb occurs during some people's favorite vacation times. However, I am glad that they are taking the time to finish the refurb from last year. Allowing the refurb schedule to slip will cause the same deterioration to happen all over again.

Jillirose
12-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info - looks like the extended refurb is not the usual. We have never missed SPLASH (second week of FEB) until last year. We will just have to schedule another vaca next year after we check the refurb schedule! :mickey: