PDA

View Full Version : Ohana Dinner

etibbetts
12-28-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm thinking of trying ohana for dinner during my next trip. Can I get some feedback - good, bad?

Are there any options if the kids don't like the set menu? I think they will, but just looking for a back up plan.

Diznut
12-28-2013, 01:55 PM
This is BY FAR our most favorite restaurant! We never miss it when we're down there. The food is amazing and plentiful! You'll be satisfied! Highly recommend!

marlyn
12-28-2013, 02:07 PM
It's very good.....go hungry!!

If your kids are over 9 but are light eaters, it might not be worth the high price tag. If everyone in your party is a hearty eater.....you'll love it!

dvcmember83
12-28-2013, 04:38 PM
On our last trip it was by far our favorite meal! The meats were delicious. My 6 year old son is a very picky eater, so I was able to get him an alternate meal of macaroni and cheese without hassle. The best part of this meal was watching my children learn to hula dance!

Scar
12-28-2013, 05:34 PM
There is an extreme minority of us here on INTERCOT that do not like 'Ohana. We ate there once and I thought it was the worst TS meal I've ever had at WDW. Since then, another member (sorry can't remember who) said they had a bad experience with a late ADR, and a great experience with an early ADR. The theory being that the meat dries out later in the night. We had a late ADR and dry meat. I would be willing to give it another try, but only early in the evening.

Melanie
12-28-2013, 07:17 PM
I'm one that's not crazy about it. Too much meat! I'd much rather be next door at Kona. Yum!

Lindsey310
12-28-2013, 07:22 PM
We like it...it's one of our favorites but def go hungry! Lots of food! The pre dinner apps are really good but try not to fill up on those (which is hard not to do) and save room for dessert! Everyone should try it at least once! :eat:

42 days!!!:cloud9:

MrPeetrie
12-28-2013, 09:47 PM
I LOVED it!!! Meat cooked with fire, producing a nice smokey char. What's not to love.

However, DW and DD(then 5) said never again. It wasn't their type of food.

retiredfigment
12-28-2013, 11:35 PM
I really love O'hana, though I am not a big fan of the meat. LOVE the salad and sides. On our last visit, I asked for more wings, instead of eating the skewers.

Keneva
12-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Don't forget about the Shrimp! Marinated Shrimp on the barbeque is finger licking good! Ohana's is more than just food as they have constant activities for the kids and family (hula dancing lessons). We asked for and received a sandwich plate for our picky 5 year old. Ask for a table in front of the fire pit if you want to be in the center of the activities.:eat::flame:

etibbetts
12-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks for all the input! I'm definitely going to try and get a reservation.

MNNHFLTX
12-29-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm one that's not crazy about it. Too much meat! I'd much rather be next door at Kona. Yum!My sentiments exactly. Part of my gripe is how much meat is wasted (a pet peeve of mine). And the service did not impress me either, at breakfast or dinner. Love the Kona though--one of my favorite places to dine at!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Our favorite Disney restaurant yet, yes its a lot of meat but there is a lot more offered too...the dumplings they bring out in the beginning OMG, the noodles and salad are tasty too and the peanut sauce, anything tastes devine dipped in this sauce:mickey: Oh and do not skip the dessert, its the bomb

ThanxForNoticin
12-30-2013, 12:44 PM
One of our long-time favorites. It's especially fun with a group. There are so many things to choose from, meat and non-meat, that most people find something they really enjoy - I will admit to be partial to the bread pudding dessert!! It's tough, but I always save room for that!

But since they come around with the meat on skewers at dinner, you can take as much or as little of what you want to try. And when there is something you really like, just ask for more when you are ready. I would definitely recommend giving it a try and seeing for yourself! Enjoy.

TinkerbellT421
12-30-2013, 03:42 PM
One of the places you will receive A LOT of mixed reviews on. Personally, DBF and I have been going there every trip for the past 6 trips. It is our favorite and must do. We have had early, mid-evening and late evening reservations and have not been disappointed. Yes, there is a lot of meat, but also a ton of other foods, shrimp, salad, noodles, dumplings, and any of those you can ask for extras of if you wish as much as you want. For kids, I have seen the chef come out many times talking with parents about their fussy eaters and have seen them put together chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese, etc., for kids.