PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little confused...

Heather_
12-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi all! I used to consider myself a disney pro but I've only had one trip in the last 5 years or so and I'm feeling a little rusty. I will be taking a very unexpected trip January 27th with my brothers family, my father, and (here is the real game changer) my 5 month old son. My husband is staying home :( Anyway, I feel I have so little time to figure out all the new stuff and I'm still the person everyone is looking to for answers! Can anyone give me the cliffs notes on the new fantasyland expansion and on fast pass+? Can we still do fast pass the old way or is it completely gone? I was just trying to set up our fast pass plus and it seems crazy that you can only have 3 per day. Anything else I need to know? Thanks!

mickclub1955
12-28-2013, 01:11 PM
:welcome: to Intercot first of all. Don't feel bad about being a little confused. This new stuff is making everyone confused. At least for now. Things seem to be changing daily when it comes to this new system. I don't know much about the New Fantasyland because I will not get there until about 2 weeks to check it out. As far as FP+ is concerned as of today (it may change tomorrow because this whole thing is still in test phase) If you are staying onsite at a Disney Hotel you will be issued a magic band and a KTTW card. That KTTW card will allow you to use old fp.(You will also be able to pick fP+ attractions 60 days before you arrive). However, if you are staying at Pop Century or the All Stars you will not be issued a KTTW card. So you will not be able to use old fp. Also as of right now Animal Kingdom only has FP+. FP+ is only 3 FP per day and only in one park per day. So, if you park hop, only one park will be able to get fp's if you can't use regular fp. Have I confused you yet? Epcot and DHS has tiered FP+. Meaning only one ride from the E-Ticket list and then two from the other list. (Still wondering how ToT is not on the E-ticket list but I am not complaining). If you are not staying on Disney property then MK, Epcot, DHS will be normal for you right now except that people staying in Disney resort hotels have the option of FP+ and have chosen their options up to 60 days in advance and have pretty much wiped out the regular fp's. (That is what everyone is saying and complaining about). At AK they will issue a RFID pass and you will need to go to the new fP+ kiosks to get a fp. And you will only be limited to 3. If you are still confused, hopefully someone with more finess can explain all of this to you where it makes since. Thinking about all of this is kind of making me :ill:

Heather_
12-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Thank you for the info and the warm welcome! I did have to read your response three times but I think I get it now, lol. I'm a bit disappointed since I'll be staying at a value this time. I don't know how many more FP I could really use each day, but the fact that you can't get them in multiple parks each day stinks. Sounds like they are still working a lot of it out so hopefully next trip will be better. It's a good thing we aren't traveling at a peak time. I was thinking to do the rides that have had the lengthiest lines in my experience (Peter Pan and other fantasyland attractions) and skipping the big thrill rides since they seem to have short waits at some point of the day. Now I'm not sure. What was your strategy for booking FP?

mickclub1955
12-28-2013, 02:50 PM
My strategy was using FP for what I usually used it for. I am staying at Pop so I can only use FP+. I am going to early entry for AK on the first day so I will not use any fp's at AK. We are then heading over to DHS for the second half of the day. I got fp's for Tot, (DW's favorite), TSMM, and Star Tours. We are not riding RRC anyway because it jerks my DW way too much. At the MK we are using our FP's for Space mt., BTMR, and Buzz. Hopefully we will get most of Fantasyland out of the way during emh. The next day at Epcot we used our big fp for TT because we are taking a tour and everyone who has taken the tour has ridden Soarin'. (watch it be different when we go, but that is the chance we are taking) the other two are for The Land and Mission Space. I am going to miss getting more than one FP for a ride. We used to use fP to ride all of the big rides and get them again to ride them again. I guess those days are over. It is rumored that when this get fully implemented that they will be doing away with EMH to help them save on expenses. The new thing will be that resort guests can pick Fp's 60 days in advance. Be sure when you go, fill out the survey's and honestly tell them how you feel about this new system. According to a lot of people here on intercot they are listening.