PDA

View Full Version : Cutting through Epcot in the morning

whymsycalwitch
12-27-2013, 10:59 AM
I know that you can walk from the Boardwalk/Beach Club resorts through the International Gateway enterance in the morning at park opening and walk through to Future world. Can you walk from the front of the park/Future World through the park to the back to use it as a cut through to get to breakfast at the Cape May Cafe even though World Showcase doesn't open till 11am?

FiggyFan
12-27-2013, 11:10 AM
That should work. We stayed at BCV a few weeks ago, and went into EPCOT for about an hour on our departure day. We were able to walk that part of World Showcase to return to the resort well before 11:00. The bridge leading towards the France pavilion was blocked off, but International Gateway was wide open.

1DisneyNut
12-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Yes that is possible.

faline
12-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Yes, you can do that but be aware that you are using a park ticket to enter Epcot. Depending on the type of ticket you have, this could be a problem. If you don't plan to be in any parks that day, you may have needlessly have used a park admission. If you are unable to park hop and plan to spend most of the day in another park, you will not be able to go to any park other than Epcot.

MickeysBestPal
12-27-2013, 12:11 PM
That should work. We stayed at BCV a few weeks ago, and went into EPCOT for about an hour on our departure day. We were able to walk that part of World Showcase to return to the resort well before 11:00. The bridge leading towards the France pavilion was blocked off, but International Gateway was wide open.

The bridge to France is no longer blocked.

The French Bakery is now open to all guests during the morning hours.
It has been that way for about a year, now.

whymsycalwitch
12-27-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm asking for marathon weekend reasons. I'm running the half & would rather walk back to the hotel (Beach Club) than wait for the bus and ride with all the other sweaty people. I figured I'll be finished around 8:30 and by the time I get my snacks & find my husband & take pictures, etc it should be after 9am. We are spending the rest of the day in Epcot, so no worries about using a day of park admission. Thank you for the information.

paymerich
12-27-2013, 02:35 PM
you will not be done by 8:30 :) plan on 9 - 9:30

cer
12-27-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm asking for marathon weekend reasons. I'm running the half & would rather walk back to the hotel (Beach Club) than wait for the bus and ride with all the other sweaty people. I figured I'll be finished around 8:30 and by the time I get my snacks & find my husband & take pictures, etc it should be after 9am. We are spending the rest of the day in Epcot, so no worries about using a day of park admission. Thank you for the information.

Just an FYI...

The buses to and from your resort for Marathon weekend are charter buses and they have their own bus stop at the event. We did not have to wait for a bus and I found that some of my best memories from the event was the bus ride back to our resort. Everyone is happy it is over and it's a great time sharing experiences with the other runners.

Also, regarding time, you need to figure in the delay between start times for all the corrals. So you need to figure 5 to 7 minutes per corral to figure out your start time. They say the event starts at 5:30, but you may not start running for some time after.

DisneyHoneymooners
01-07-2014, 10:08 AM
We did exactly what you are planning just last Oct. My DW and I find that we usually choose walking if possibly over waiting for a bus or other transportation. We have found that on just about any walkway in Disney you can find interesting things to see you might otherwise have missed.
Good luck in your run:thumbsup:

ransam
01-07-2014, 11:41 AM
epcot is so beautiful in the morning.