PDA

View Full Version : Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade’ Airs December 25 on ABC

Carol
12-11-2013, 05:22 PM
‘Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade’ Airs December 25 on ABC

Neil Patrick Harris & Nick Cannon Host 30th Annual Celebration with Performances
by Mary J. Blige, Ne-Yo, Demi Lovato, Jordin Sparks, Jason Derulo and more
Anaheim, Calif. and Lake Buena Vista, Fla.,: Dec. 10, 2013 – Award-winning actors Neil Patrick Harris and Nick Cannon will join television anchor Lara Spencer in the
holly jolly spotlight Dec. 25, 2013, to host the “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” television special. Harris, star of stage and screen, will host the telecast from Walt
Disney World Resort in Florida while Cannon, who hosted last year’s “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade”, will head to “The Happiest Place on Earth” at Disneyland
Resort. Spencer, a lifestyle journalist and co-anchor of ABC’s “Good Morning America,” will be the show’s special correspondent.

The 30th annual holiday special will air nationwide Christmas morning at 10 a.m. EST and 9 a.m. CST, MST and PST on ABC-TV. The show also will air in Canada on
CBC Network and across the globe on the American Forces Network.

The festivities at Disneyland Resort in California feature Mary J. Blige singing yuletide carols from her new album, “A Mary Christmas,” a duet by “American Idol”
Season 6 winner Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo, as well as special performances by Demi Lovato, the cast of “Teen Beach Movie” and Dove Cameron. Season’s
greetings will be had by all at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida with a gleeful rendition of “Let Me Love You” by Grammy Award-winning R&B artist Ne-Yo, along with
star-studded sounds by English-Irish boy band The Wanted, Italian vocal trio Il Volo, “American Idol” Season 12 champion Candice Glover and more.

Guests are encouraged to visit disney.com/christmasparade for details on the telecast, local broadcast times and talent updates. Guests also can join the
conversation online with the hashtag #DisneyParade.

A Morning of Merriment and Magic
Christmas spirit comes to life as Mickey and the gang help celebrate this pixie-dusted season with holiday friends. Classic Disney and Pixar characters spread joy and
cheer from festive floats and merry marches at Disneyland Park in California and the Magic Kingdom Park in Florida.

*characters/floats subject to change

Mickey and Minnie welcome the season aboard the Christmas tree float with their pal, Duffy the Disney Bear;

Elsa and Anna, from Disney’s hit animated film “Frozen,” make their holiday debut as they join a royal court down Main Street, U.S.A.;

Belle and Beast join in the regal procession in a holiday tale as old as time along with Princesses Cinderella, Tiana, Aurora, Ariel, Rapunzel, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Merida, Snow White and Mulan accompanied by Prince Naveen, Prince Phillip, Prince Charming, Prince Eric, Flynn Rider and Aladdin;

It’s a winter wonderland with the Disney ducks! Everyone’s favorite nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie, arrive on a Ski Shoppe Float followed by Mr. Bah Humbug himself, Scrooge McDuck;

Donald and Daisy celebrate in style aboard a chalet trailed by a sprinkling of holiday magic from dazzling ice skaters;

A classic Disney holiday parade wouldn’t be complete without Goofy, Pluto, and their furry woodland friends, Chip and Dale;

Pixie dust and Christmas magic will join Tinker Bell, Peter Pan and Wendy as they “think of the happiest things” this season;

“Toy Story” stars Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Bullseye and Mr. Potato Head take the season to infinity and beyond;

Celebrate time off from school with Monster University students Sully, Mike, Terry, Squishy, Art and Roz, then cruise down the lane with “Cars” stars Lightning McQueen, Mater and more;

Santa Claus is coming to town! Hearts of young and old will be overjoyed when they see the jolly man in the famous red suit coming down the happiest street in America – Main Street, U.S.A.

Tune In to the Season’s Greetings!
The 30th Annual “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” airs Christmas Day on ABC-TV. The show also will air in Canada on CBC Network, and across the globe on the American Forces Network. For viewing times, please reference your local listings or visit disney.com/christmasparade.

*Airtime varies per city/time zone–please check local listings
Eastern Time Zone: 10 a.m.
Central Time Zone: 9 a.m.
Mountain Time Zone: 9 a.m.
Pacific Time Zone: 9 a.m

Main Street Jim
12-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet :P

This was the first year in many that I've been able to actually watch it on TV.

*Ehhhh*. I know, for a long time, it's been nothing but one 2-hour-long commercial for the parks and cruise line. I didn't really care for the whole Samantha Brown segment and the "FastPass+" push.

It was *OK* - but, it did its job. It made me miss "my" parks even more....

VWL Mom
12-26-2013, 08:33 AM
I liked the beginning with NPH, found Nick Cannon a bit more bearable than in the past, even made it through the Wanted but had to leave at the Aulani sales pitch.

Melanie
12-26-2013, 08:44 AM
The Fastpass+ pitch made me want to throw up. :D Just being honest.

GMRO
12-26-2013, 09:30 AM
I didn't see a post on this...sorry if it's a dupe - and I didn't know where to put it so here goes...

So I watched the Disney Christmas Day Parade yesterday... thoughts...

Like the Samantha Brown segments. Big fan of her shows and info. SURE - the whole parade is an infomercial for Disney but at times you see new stuff. Thought it was funny the footage of Everest still shows the Yeti moving!!!

AND found it funny that the FP+ PUSH made it sound sooo sooo easy and great. While they show folks on a bench holding their iPads making changes/bookings. YEAH - I'm not packing my iPad to take to the parks.

Nick Cannon - don't mind him.
Neil P. Harris - nice change...I loath Mario Lopez. Can't stand him and his dimples!!! Just too full of himself. Hey I was on that TV show years back... Yeah, you can have him.

Rest of the parade...not bad. Production value is always high - but yet NPH seemed a little off. He's better than that. Some segments they should have done a retake. His facial expressions were odd at times. Maybe he was out LATE at Jellyrolls the night before and was hanging? Or met up with "Harold and Kummar" the night before?!?!? The Darth Vader stuff was a little funny too.

Either way, it gave a little Disney boost to DW and I. DVR is the way to go... can't stand "Mary J. Whatever" her name is. She must have 1 heck of of manager...seems she's been on EVERY MUSICAL CHRISTMAS SPECIAL this season! She even crashed the CMT's Christmas Special.

So whatd'ya think of the parade?

1DisneyNut
12-26-2013, 10:09 AM
We turned it on as always. I was busy doing things getting ready to go to a family Christmas gathering but I would stop and watch every now and then.

After a while the kids stopped watching it and said it was corny. I have to agree. It looked like Nick Cannon and Niel Patrick Harris were reading straight off of cards and often had strange facial expressions. Much of the show was also "flamboyant" is the best way I know how to stay politically correct but yet get my point across. A lot of silliness throughout that took away from the overall quality.

I agree on Mary J. Blige. She sucked as usual. I was in the back and heard hear howling and butchering the song up and I came down the hall saying "that has to be Mary J. Blige." We can't for the life of us figure out how she ever became famous. The best we can come up with is she dated Biggie while he was huge and he promoted her a lot. As you said, she must also have the best agent ever to keep getting her on everything.

Overall, we would probably give the parade show a C-. It was good seeing the sites and getting a little dose of the parks but otherwise I could pass.

SBETigg
12-26-2013, 11:19 AM
The Fastpass+ pitch made me want to throw up. :D Just being honest.

I'm with you. My family was enjoying the show and I had to stop myself from going on a rant about the Fastpass+ glorification and current problems.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-26-2013, 12:27 PM
We always watch the parade, so it is tradition.

I agree, FP+ was made to sound way too good, but I didn't expect anything different. I did love Neil Patrick Harris, he was great!

I wish there was a bit more "parade" and a bit less "show" though.

Zippy 1
12-26-2013, 12:30 PM
I wish they had shown more parade. I know this is how it has been for several years - just miss when it was a celebration of Christmas not an ad for the parks and stuff:(

Zippy 1
12-26-2013, 12:33 PM
I agree - I wish there was more parade like in the past. Don't need all the promo for Disney I already go. Just a tradition that is on in the background now. Everyone is not glued to it like they use to be

GMRO
12-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Agreed...the "show" portion is most of the time.

Why not show more of the bands and dancing acts from the parade? The entertainment/singers...I could do with less. Put the camera on the actual event more and do less of the staged/lip singing.

I like the toggle between WDW and DL and the small segments in between of REAL families on vacation. That stuff is neat.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
12-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Some of the jokes are just awful! Give me more performances. Show more rides, more things to do, more things to come. Star Wars bits were hilarious!

SBETigg
12-26-2013, 06:46 PM
I thought the facial ticks of both hosts (better controlled by NPH) were more or less sun in their eyes/filming in high sunshine times. Nick Cannon, unfortunately, just isn't a great host. And though some of Neil Patrick Harris's scenes seemed a bit too scripted and contrived, they were not any worse than what I've seen in past parade broadcasts.

But essentially, being a big Disney fan, I could have done with less performance segments and more parade/park glimpses. I did not care about The Wanted, Mary J Blige, etc. And the Samantha Brown segment seemed too focused on convincing us how great FP+ will be. But, I wanted to see more of the parks. And I can also understand why they didn't do that, and come off like a big Visit Disney ad. But... more parks, always good.

Lindsey310
12-26-2013, 07:18 PM
I love the parade and watch it every year but I fast forward through some of the singing performances.

The only thing that bothered me was Samantha browns segment...she made it seem like you could park hop using fast pass plus but all of us disney vets know that's not possible...one park per day for FPP choices.:confused:

44 days!!!!!! :blush:

DizneyFreak2002
12-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Canned crowd cheers, little to no parade... 2 hour long infomercial... Nick Cannon.. Horrible performers (Il Volo is it??? they were good at least)... Nick Cannon... Yes, the WDW Christmas Day parade is a snoozefest...

GMRO
12-27-2013, 08:35 AM
What would I do without a DVR?!?!?! I can't watch live TV anymore - what a waste of time. Start watching about 45 mins into a show and vio-la no interruptions! ;)

That little bit of technology has made a huge difference as well as caller ID! BAHAHAHAAH I'd pay that person each month for their efforts just as a little thank you for the abuse of technology caller ID provides. Add a custom ringtone to your contacts in your address book and WOW - I'm in heaven.

Shame FP+ don't work as well!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHHHHHTTTTTTT! - Dr. Evil Voice