PDA

View Full Version : Crowds mid-April

Mariano O'Kon
12-25-2013, 09:31 PM
Hi everyone.

I have a friend planning a trip for April 14-20 but I am afraid that these dates coincide with Spring Break and Easter week.

Should i talk her into moving her trip to the 1st week of may because of the crowds? Or will these dates have reasonable crowds?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mariano

faline
12-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Easter is on April 20th next year. I would probably move my trip into early May rather than the dates your friend is suggesting.

Mariano O'Kon
12-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Thanks, that's what I was thinking...

AndrewJackson
12-26-2013, 09:46 AM
We went last year during Holy Week (the week before Easter). Easter was early last year, so we were concerned that with the combination of Holy Week, and the Spring Break peak (the last week of March), crowds would be unmanageable. We were pleadingly surprised. We always go the last week of March, and are use to large crowds.

Honestly, it didn't seem much different than usual. If you take advantage of FP, and get there for the rope drop, you will be able to do everything you want with minimal wait time.

However, if your friend has the freedom to move it to May, I would definitely tame advantage of the smaller crowds.