PDA

View Full Version : Using both Fastpass + and legacy fastpass

AirlineGuy07
12-21-2013, 10:52 PM
There are 8 of us going Feb 5-10 and was wondering if we can use old fastpass and well as fastpass+. My family have AP cards that are linked to magic bands and our friends have a five day ticket hopper card linked to magic bands. I know we won't be able to at AK. Thanks!

MickeysBestPal
12-21-2013, 10:56 PM
There are 8 of us going Feb 5-10 and was wondering if we can use old fastpass and well as fastpass+. My family have AP cards that are linked to magic bands and our friends have a five day ticket hopper card linked to magic bands. I know we won't be able to at AK. Thanks!

Nobody knows.
Feb. is a long way off.

BTW, we don't even know if the situation at AK is "permanent."
Disney has not made any formal announcements.

Stay tuned.

Zawadi
12-22-2013, 08:07 AM
You will only be able to use the regular fastpass when:

* Your given a KTTW card and
* FP machines are active

mickclub1955
12-22-2013, 02:33 PM
The new terms of service on the website for MM+ says that once a ticket media is placed on the magic band or RFID card, it is no longer valid except on those items. These items cannot be used on legacy fast pass, only fp+. I don't know how this works if you go to AK right now, because once you go there, your ticket is on one of these. If you go to another park, you would be stuck with FP+ according to their terms of service. Maybe there is a loophole somewhere.

AirlineGuy07
12-22-2013, 03:13 PM
How are some people "double dipping" so to speak??

WDWdriver
12-22-2013, 03:27 PM
How are some people "double dipping" so to speak??

During the early weeks of the FP+ testing resort guests who already had wristbands were also given KTTW cards that could be used to get paper FPs from the old machines. Not true anymore at most of the resorts. Double dipping is quickly going away.

Ian
12-22-2013, 06:14 PM
The new terms of service on the website for MM+ says that once a ticket media is placed on the magic band or RFID card, it is no longer valid except on those items. These items cannot be used on legacy fast pass, only fp+. I don't know how this works if you go to AK right now, because once you go there, your ticket is on one of these. If you go to another park, you would be stuck with FP+ according to their terms of service. Maybe there is a loophole somewhere.That was most decidedly not the case for us. My Mom's AP was linked to her Magic Band as well as our room key and she was able to get additional paper FP's with her room key even while holding FP+ under her Magic Band.

mickclub1955
12-22-2013, 06:26 PM
That was most decidedly not the case for us. My Mom's AP was linked to her Magic Band as well as our room key and she was able to get additional paper FP's with her room key even while holding FP+ under her Magic Band.

I know, I was just quoting the terms of service for MM+. It will not allow me to copy and paste. It is under the section for Converting to Paperless tickets. Which I am to understand putting your ticket on the site in order to put it on the magic band or have it converted to an RFID card. It also does say at the bottom that they can change without notice.

Ian
12-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I suspect this is a case where the technology is not currently keeping up with the policy. ;)

Gator
12-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I suspect this is a case where the technology is not currently keeping up with the policy. ;)

What a stinking mess. Can they just scrap this? Ian, can you come up with a FastpassPlus-Kill-i-nator?

Ian
12-23-2013, 02:00 PM
What a stinking mess. Can they just scrap this? Ian, can you come up with a FastpassPlus-Kill-i-nator?lol trust me if I could I'd have done it already ;)

Niecyboo
12-26-2013, 02:55 PM
As others have said, there is no saying what will happen by February. But yesterday a friend has used their 3 Fastpass+ for the day and they wanted to get one for Maelstrom. They had been given the KTTW cards as well as the bands. They were able to get Fastpasses with the KTTW cards at the old fashioned kiosks without any issues, even though they'd used their bands to get into the parks.