PDA

View Full Version : Is Comedy Warehouse worth a FP+

Pop Centurion
12-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Need an attraction to replace my Fantasmic FP I chose a while back before it became a waste. We will be in the Studios on Dec 29th so I'm not sure if Comedy Warehouse will be mobbed or not and worth the FP+. Anyone with any experience I'd appreciate the input.

MickeysBestPal
12-19-2013, 12:26 AM
Need an attraction to replace my Fantasmic FP I chose a while back before it became a waste. We will be in the Studios on Dec 29th so I'm not sure if Comedy Warehouse will be mobbed or not and worth the FP+. Anyone with any experience I'd appreciate the input.

The show is very good.
But, it is very unlikely to need a FP.

PlutoPlanet
12-19-2013, 12:10 PM
No FP necessary.

MrPeetrie
12-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Excuse by ignorance, but I thought the Comedy Watehouse was in Pleasure Island in Downtown Disney. Did they move it?

MickeysBestPal
12-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Excuse by ignorance, but I thought the Comedy Watehouse was in Pleasure Island in Downtown Disney. Did they move it?

All of Pleasure Island closed in late 2008.

The Comedy Warehouse did not move.

“The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special” is the name of the current improv show that is going to be performed over the Christmas holidays at DHS.
The show is will be staged in the "Premiere Theater" near MuppetVison.
It is a revised version of the improv show that was performed at the old Comedy Warehouse.

The show only runs: December 21-January 5.

In past years, some of the original cast members from the Comedy Warehouse show were seen in the DHS show. That may be the case this year as well.

MrPeetrie
12-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Thank you, MickeysBestPal.

How cool would it be if they put this show in where the now-defunct Sounds Dangerous attraction currently resides.

MickeysBestPal
12-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Thank you, MickeysBestPal.

How cool would it be if they put this show in where the now-defunct Sounds Dangerous attraction currently resides.

That theater area is much too small.

Now, if they'd pull the plug on American Idol Experience and put it
in THAT theater...

MrPeetrie
12-19-2013, 06:37 PM
That theater area is much too small.

Now, if they'd pull the plug on American Idol Experience and put it
in THAT theater...

Even better! And it "fits" the theme, as well!

Main Street Jim
12-19-2013, 11:59 PM

That theater area is much too small.Why do you say that?

When we were down in December 2011, the Comedy Warehouse holiday show *was* in the "Sounds Dangerous" theater.

Do you feel that the show itself is "too large" for the SD theater? Or that the guest capacity is too small in SD?

ransam
12-20-2013, 01:18 AM
I think the sound dangerous stage would be perfect for it.

MickeysBestPal
12-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Why do you say that?

When we were down in December 2011, the Comedy Warehouse holiday show *was* in the "Sounds Dangerous" theater.

Do you feel that the show itself is "too large" for the SD theater? Or that the guest capacity is too small in SD?

The show itself could take place in the average walk-in closest.

But, it used to attract very large crowds at Pleasure Island, and it plays very well in a large house.
One of the reasons (likely the ONLY reason) they offer it at DHS during the holidays is that it can eat up a lot of guests who otherwise might be just standing in long lines to ride overloaded attractions in the busy park.

Also, since it employs live actors, it would make sense to offer a few BIG shows
(ala' Festival of the Lion King, Indy, Nemo, etc.) instead of a continuous trickle of little shows.