PDA

View Full Version : How much time?

Disneysoccermom
12-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Hi all,
We are traveling in early Sept 2014. We've never been at this time, so I don't know what to expect as far as crowds and lines. On our MK day - Do you think we could do all of Fantasyland (minus philharmagic) AND the 5 big ones in Frontier/Adv land - before an 11:00 BBB ressie, using the am EMH. I don't want to use the FP+ for these, I'd like to save the FP+ for use in the afternoon (Space Mtn, Buzz, Philharmagic). Thoughts?

etibbetts
12-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Our family typically goes in September and the crowds are not too bad that time of year. We are not morning people, but the one day we did get to MK at opening, we couldn't believe how much we got done!

I'm sure there are others on here who are more experienced w/ what you can get done in those few hours, so I'll let them give you a more detailed answer. :)

DizneyFreak2002
12-18-2013, 04:43 PM
My opinion, don't waste a FP on Philharmagic... No need to... Never any wait... walk right into the show... Always get a seat... FP for shows are a complete and total waste... Use it for a bigger ride like BTMR or Splash... Forget it for Philharmagic...

Disneysoccermom
12-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the tip. We love that show, and I know we'll be wanting an air conditioned "break" mid afternoon, and we didn't want to wait in line forever. But, yeah, I'd much rather use it for something else - or even better, have more than 3 options, like we're used to!

So, am I being unreasonably ambitious thinking we can get all that stuff in before 11:00am in Sept. (using EMH)? Or does it sound feasible? We typically go during the slowest time Jan-Feb and I think we could do it then, is Sept much different (free dining...)

Ian
12-18-2013, 06:12 PM
If I'm counting correctly you're talking about riding 10 or so attractions in 2 hours? No ... I don't think that's possible. Unless it's EMH?

DizneyFreak2002
12-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the tip. We love that show, and I know we'll be wanting an air conditioned "break" mid afternoon, and we didn't want to wait in line forever. But, yeah, I'd much rather use it for something else - or even better, have more than 3 options, like we're used to!

So, am I being unreasonably ambitious thinking we can get all that stuff in before 11:00am in Sept. (using EMH)? Or does it sound feasible? We typically go during the slowest time Jan-Feb and I think we could do it then, is Sept much different (free dining...)

And don't waste a FP on Nemo the musical either....

As for time, yes you may be a bit tight... 10 attractions in 2 hours would be difficult to do with FP never mind without... But you did say it was a morning EMH the day you want to do MK right? Then it may be possible... if you are there exactly at 8:00, or before...

JerseyDad
12-18-2013, 06:40 PM
...it's a bit tight on time ...I'll echo that. It's an ambitious undertaking to do that many attractions in 2 hrs ...even with EMH's .....everything needs to "fall in place" just right ...which doesn't always happen.

Disneysoccermom
12-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Definitely using the morning EMH! And we would not be even a minute late :) I can be a little drill Sergeant-like when Disney plans are concerned!
Of course, we could do more like 11:30 at BBB too, I just hate to make the little ones wait so long for lunch...guess we could always just let them snack more...

Ian
12-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Even in three hours (180 minutes), 10 attractions is pretty ambitious. That's one attraction every 18 minutes including waiting in line, riding, and travel time in between attractions.

It could be done maybe, but it would be very, very challenging.

DizneyFreak2002
12-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Yea, thinking about it, I have to agree with JD and Ian... Very ambitious and more than likely not possible to be done...

Disneysoccermom
12-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Thanks...
Guess I'll be tweaking our plans, I dont want it to be too rushed to be fun!
So, I've decided to do BBB on our "free" day, we may go to MK a second time, or we can do it at DTD.

1DisneyNut
12-19-2013, 09:11 AM
I agree with the others. It will be tough to get that many done in that amount of time. It is definitely possible first thing in the morning but one little snag would blow it out of the water. You could probably get 8 done and definitely 6 or 7. It is highly dependent upon crowd levels and if one or two of the rides are having issues "waking up" first thing in the morning.

I also agree on not getting a FP for philharmagic or any other show. It would be a waste. We have never had any problem getting into philharmagic even when it is real busy.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
12-19-2013, 01:03 PM
I plan 20 minutes per attraction. I think you can fit in 9, but you have to keep moving, and be there early.

ransam
12-20-2013, 01:39 AM
Here is my suggestion. Don't rush. Even if you can ride 10 rides in 2 hours, don't.
relax, enjoy the ride and ques,
I've been there so many times I can't count...and I have yet to see everything. pick out a few rides you want to see and then go and enjoy them, take them in, enjoy the details.