PDA

View Full Version : Making Reservations - Who to use?

Piglet1*
12-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Hi! We're finally getting ready to book our Disney World vacation for the end of February. Yay! Now, who does everyone usually use to make their reservations? I've heard many people talk about Magical Journeys. I'd love to hear feedback on their experiences. Has anyone used WDW and just made their reservations directly? Or does everyone just use thier own travel agency? I'm assuming about everyone will have the same deals that are available on-line right now. Opinions and suggestions are appreciated! :mickey:

Melanie
12-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Magical Journeys, hands down. Use them! You won't be disappointed.

sorcerer fan
12-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Magical Journeys forsure,any discounts comeupthey automatically put them in your reservations. Never had a problem with Melissa as our agent!

VWL Mom
12-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Another vote for Magical Journeys! They're constantly monitoring their clients reservations and the current WDW rates and switch your ressie if a better deal becomes available.

vicster
12-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Magical Journeys hands down!

disneymom15
12-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Magical Journeys all the way, wouldn't use anyone else. Terrisue is my gal, she's awesome!!

rjmdds
12-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Magical Journeys. Best of the best.

PopPhan
12-18-2013, 01:06 PM
95% of all the people on this site will probably say Magical Journeys (MJ), myself included.

I have booked 6 trips through Denise at MJ and have always been extremely happy with the service, friendliness and professional courtesy she has given me.

It was a running joke, for the first few trips, that I would do my best to try to beat MJs price and perks, but I was never able to do so. If I ever found something that I thought might be better, Denise would come back with something even better than that! I actually got to meet Denise, and most of her family, on my trip two weeks ago, and she is just as pleasant and friendly in person as she is in her MJ role.

You can not go wrong dealing with MJ!!! :number1:

Strmchsr
12-18-2013, 01:19 PM
:ditto: to all previous comments. I used to book my own trips but have been using Wendy at MJ for 9 years now and would never do it differently. All of the folks at Magical Journeys are awesome and go out of their way to give the best possible service. And it doesn't cost you anything to use them.

WiltonJohn
12-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Been ther many times over the years... always booked ourselves.

This October... used Magical Journeys....... they were fantastic.

Will use them for all future trips. Should have for past ones.

best,

.................john

etibbetts
12-18-2013, 03:20 PM
I book all of my families trips directly through Disney. I did use MJ for a trip last year, and they were very nice and helpful - I'm just a hands on kind of person and didn't like leaving my trip in someone else's hands. You have to do what works best for you. If you prefer to be hands off - then I highly recommend using them. Either way - I'm sure you'll have a great trip!

faline
12-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Over many years of visits, we booked our own trips directly with Disney. Once we used Magical Journeys, we were hooked. Yes, they do manage your reservation. However, what they also do is to keep track of all discounts and specials that may save you money. If such an event occurs, they make the changes for you - no headaches - ah!! what a relief!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-22-2013, 09:20 PM
I agree, use MJ. I used to book everything myself because that was half the fun. However, MJ agents keep an eye on any specials for you and will apply them automatically. And trust me, I know from being friends with Wendy, they work long hours and spend a TON of time on the phone to ensure that you get the best discount, before they are potentially sold out. Use them; you will not regret it.
And you can still be "hands on" with a lot of aspects yourself.

hoop de do
12-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Magical Journeys - Magical Journeys OR

Magical Journeys
Hope you have a great vaca. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

marlyn
12-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Hi, here's another vote for Magical Journeys!
Karen has booked 6 trips to WDW and 3 Disney Cruises for me. I wouldn't do it any other way. :thumbsup:

Gator
12-23-2013, 12:01 PM
I used to do it all myself. I didn't want anyone messing with my reservation and I enjoyed it. But then I used Carrie at [agency name removed] and I never looked back. These Disney-based travel companies make it so darn convenient, plus they have a lot of Disney knowledge. Or at least, my Carrie does.

If you do enough research here on Intercot and some other sites, you can do it yourself quite easily, but it's a lot better to use the experienced, and I focus on the word "experienced" travel agent. Our first trip, the TA had minimal experience and we found that our trip could've been so much more had we known of Small World or MJ at that time.

AgentC
12-23-2013, 12:50 PM
I love using Wendy at Magical Journeys. I used to book myself all the time and sometime I might still sneak a peek at the website but I would never book myself again.

Magical Journeys makes it so easy and I like not having to worry that a better deal will come along and I'll miss it. With MJ I get a nice little email telling me when the rate has gone down and that I've already been changed to the new rate. :)

BigB
12-23-2013, 09:57 PM
We've used Lisa from [removed] the past four trips and she does a wonderful job!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-25-2013, 09:43 AM
I've used Karen at Magical Journeys my last three trips, she always gets us the best discounts

finaldynasty
12-25-2013, 01:29 PM
We have used The Magic 4 Less and they were great to work with for my solo trip. I am talking to them about a summer trip for my family. I've only heard good things about MJ. My advice would be to make sure it is a authorized WDW agent and you should be ok.

:mickey: