PDA

View Full Version : Stupid FP+ question

Bruegge
12-15-2013, 06:15 PM
If I use fp+ for say... mk.. on Monday can I still get a Normal FP while in the park that day if something fits my "that day" schedule better than what I booked first?

And if I go to epcot on Tues. can I use normal FP if I have no FP+ ressies for that day?

And third, can I be at Animal kingdom and get a regular fast pass if I have a fp+ at another park?

FP+ can be a little confusing (at least to me)

Sry for the stupid questions but with what I'm paying to stay at GF for a week I want to do it right.

Zawadi
12-15-2013, 06:24 PM
We've just got back from AKL.

We got both MagicBands and the old style cards. You can still get old (paper) FPs with the cards which are totally independent of FP+.

Use either the app or an FP+ kiosk to set up your FP+ experiences and timeslots. Remember only 3 per day and all in the same park.

At any time you can change an FP+ reservation experience and/or time. If you want to change both experience and time on the same reservation, eg. Peter Pan at 2pm to Haunted masion at 7pm, then ask a CM until you get use to the app.

With FP+, if you don't use a reservation then you can still reallocate it within the same park.

Strmchsr
12-15-2013, 06:43 PM
For the time being AK is testing FP+ only. No paper fastpasses. But that's only at AK and don't know for how long. It's a test so it might last a month or a couple of weeks or 6 months. No telling what they'll be doing by the time you go, but Disney's goal is to do away with paper FP completely by early spring. With all of the negative feedback on FP+ I'm not sure that will happen, and they're constantly adjusting, but that's the latest plan mentioned to me.

MickeysBestPal
12-15-2013, 06:46 PM
can I be at Animal kingdom and get a regular fast pass if I have a fp+ at another park?

I know that you're using that as a general example, but it's worth noting that starting Dec. 18 (this Wednesday,) it appears that DAK will no longer be offering "regular FP" at all to any guests.

They are shutting down the "regular FP" machines at DAK and only offering 3 FP+ choices a day to any and all guests visiting that park.
(Off-site guests can make day-of FP+ choices at several FP+ kiosks inside the DAK park.)

We don't know if this is permanent or a limited time test.

Ian
12-16-2013, 01:30 PM
The short answer is ... it depends. If you still geta KTTW card at your resort, you can use regular Fastpass under the rules of the old Fastpass system. Your Fastpass+ do not impact that system at all.

If all you have is a Magic Band you can't use the old FP system at all.